The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Oh no! Don't worry about ketching up...just make sure everyone gets healthy!!
She seems better today. No fever. She just says it hurts a little to swallow, but she ate fine this morning. Hopefully the vitamins she gets will help her get over whatever it is. She is running around and doing cartwheels and handstands, so it can't be all that bad. No advil since yesterday morning.:)

93boomer

Premium Member
Parchment paper has been around for years. You put it on your cookie sheet so you don't have to grease them. The cookies don't stick and it's easier clean up. You can also line it in a bread pan with an inch sticking above top of pan. After the bread has cooled, pull up on the parchment paper and it lifts right out. Same with cake or brownies. No greasing of pan. You can also use parchment paper to wrap your fish or vegetables in little parcels for baking.
I have both but use my silpat the most. You just throw it on the pan and bake. It washes easily. Really helps bake evenly.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I have both but use my silpat the most. You just throw it on the pan and bake. It washes easily. Really helps bake evenly.

We got a silpat for our wedding but they bought us a chef grade one that wouldn't fit in our oven, LOL.

Pro tip: Joanns has parchment paper that is somehow themed to Christmas (the box is, but the paper is the same). When holiday goods go on clearance, you can get a box of parchment paper for 95 cents!

12in12

I wouldn't count on it. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time there in October, but I can't really justify that amount of money for what you get. Food there is hit and miss...most of it miss, and there aren't that many attractions. We loved Carrots (of the Pirabbean) , but that was really the only one we loved. It's just not the same magical atmosphere as WDW. It was a fun vacation for a few days, but I don't really need to do it again. I'd rather save a bit longer and go to WDW or go to a non-Disney place on my bucket list, like Italy. I don't think the lack of pixie dust feel was just you.
I am relieved it wasn't just me. I do plan to go back at least ones more but I am not in a rush.

Songbird76

One of my 8th graders was trying to persuade me to let them have nap time today. She lamented at how unfair it is that the younger kids get nap time and they don't appreciate it and some see it as a punishment. She said older kids should get the nap time because they would actually appreciate it. I didn't disagree with her but I didn't allow nap time. But your post made me laugh and think about how right my 8th grader was. :)
You should have told her that the nap time isn't for the kids, it's for the teachers!

12in12

When I was around 8 years old, my mom had her friend babysit us. She made us green eggs and ham, but without food coloring. Like she just added whatever spices and things she could think of to turn it all green. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever had and we all refused to eat it. So she pulled the "you cannot get up from this table until you eat your breakfast" so all three of us ended up just sitting there. All day. Until my mom came home just before dinner time.

I'm on the no column too!
Wow, I hope that was the last time that friend babysat you!

Songbird76

I like using parchment paper when baking cookies. It means I don't have to use spray or worry about things sticking. I suppose you could kind of compare it to using foil to line a pan (except that foil still needs spray). When I'm done baking I just slide the cookies off the pan and throw away the paper the pan usually stays clean or just needs a quick wash. They sell it in rolls and in pre-cut sheets that fit easily onto the baking sheets.

My mom and I started using parchment paper because we watched Martha Stewart use it on her show she also used silpat (silicone liners) for non-stick baking too but those can be expensive.
Yep....I always line the bottom of my cake pan when I bake cake, too. It makes it sooooo much easier to do cleanup!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom