The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
eeeh, I wasnt explictly talking about what DVC is geared up. I mean the financial dependency of Disney Orlando into selling DVC to make their numbers higher than they really are and pretty much making artificial reductions on their hotel capacity. This in return is used to claim the hotel is filled more than they really are and use it as excuse to raise the rack prices even higher.
:) Gotcha!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh my!
That's some serious desperation right there...!!! :hilarious: 😉
I can barely remember the last time mom ever gave myself and my two bros lunch money, as opposed to a Breakfast Club Andrew-sized sack/bag lunch...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 266229
Bag lunch how quaint. I have containers so they can take hot food and also have containers so they can take chilled items. My favorite days are when I have to pack both types for them:eek:

Gabe1

Obviously, I must have missed a post explaining the background of your comments above--are you going to take a vacation with kids in the pokey? ;) :hilarious::hilarious:

Yep. We'll come by you and Stay in The Liberty Hotel aka former Charles Street Jail. ;)

Have to love a prison where the drunk tank is converted to a lounge called the Clink!

Have you ever stayed there?

lux3646re.100497_md.jpg

So cool they even left the catwalks up
lux3646lo.100530_md.jpg

lux3646lo.100528_md.jpg

donaldtoo

When I was a kid, my father would not let us watch Kung Fu (David Carradine), because he said kung fu was violent. But he didn't realize that the show had so much depth and the monks taught peace and restraint first. It was a great show--watched it years after that in reruns.

I remember watching it sometimes, although, mom and pop were more prone on us all watching things, generally, more lighthearted-ish.
Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, Carol Burnet, etc.
And yes, I always got the message that it was restraint before violence.

donaldtoo

I recall the Legion of Decency too! :joyfull: (My brothers would giggle when they published the movie ratings, and would seek out the (coveted :rolleyes: ) "C" categories, and try to sneak into movies with that rating!) :hilarious::hilarious:

Copied from Wikipedia on Google (below) --
  • A: Morally unobjectionable
  • B: Morally objectionable in part
  • C: Condemned by the Legion of Decency
The A rating was subsequently divided:
  • A-I: Suitable for all audiences
  • A-II: Suitable for adults; later — after the introduction of A-III — suitable for adults and adolescents
  • A-III: Suitable for adults only
  • A-IV: For adults with reservations
In 1978, the B and C ratings were combined into a new O rating for "morally offensive" films.

Woof!
Interesting. I was born and raised Catholic and remember absolutely nothing about that legion. A northeastern thing, maybe...?

Gabe1

After the last couple of days I sent James in with lunch money today:eek: First time all year.

Nice. Our elementry/middle schools did not provide meals. If a student was 'free' lunch a teacher or aide was stipend to make a dozen sandwiches, put an apple in bag and something else toss it in a brown bag and put in their locker before the students arrived.

By the time they went off to high school (they never overlapped) I was so over packing lunches. With school lunches being subsidized they were dirt cheap. They got $20 a week for lunch. $35 during swim team season as they had breakfast at school. Weights started at 530 am so they were out by 500am.

When they were back from college during summer or graduated I found myself sad as I was making lunches again. Packed a lunch box for DD today as she was off to job #2.

Gabe1

Bag lunch how quaint. I have containers so they can take hot food and also have containers so they can take chilled items. My favorite days are when I have to pack both types for them:eek:

I was able to do that for my DD. DS nope. Containers never ever came back.

My son has to have be on a volunteer committee or more as part of his responsibilities for his department. They tried to place him on the environmental committee. He laughed as told them you likely don't want me on that committee. I eat off paper plates and from paper bowls. I use disposable silverware and use papertowel and paper napkins. They put him on Risk Management instead. Good idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom