The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's not really anything new. You could always see Toontow from Tomorrowland. Teacups has always been smack next to Tomorrowland. No reall transition.

Go to DL, and there's really no transition between lands. Splash is plopped next to Haunted Mansion, with no transition whatsoever. Their Tomorrowland has the same issue: you're there, then whoops, Matterhorn. And that park is probably the best maintained Disney park there is. It still trumps just about every other Disney park.

Maybe we're just spoiled because DCA and AK have clearer transitions between lands. But they're also a lot newer. The way MK was designed, there's really no way to get around Tomorrowland and Fantasyland being able to see one another. But you can't see Avatar from just anywhere in AK. You transition into it. I wouldn't say Disney is being lazy; I think there's just no getting around it in some cases.

I am old enough to remember the transitions in the MK. I'm also old enough to remember the forced perspective of Main Street to the castle with all the Cherry Trees giving the illusion of the castle off in the distance. I now look down main street and see a castle at the end of asphalt and concrete plopped down. It is a very different view from the castle and main street that I grew up with.

I am so happy Disneyland has kept that and the trees for that forced perspective, all that imagineering is not lost. The tea cups were fully landscaped at one time from Tomorrowland, even with the original Mickey's Birthday Party before you were born. The speedway was reduced in size. That is the thing, while some of us golden oldies know how the park was designed and others are just use to what it has evolved into 'cause they were not around for the original separation of design of the lands. I go back to the days of the old Frontierland and the quaint train station that doesn't exist at all anymore now a mere staircase. My grand-kids of the future will never see the cute squirt tiki's near the Jungle Cruise. The immersive details are being knocked off one by one. The shade and trees of yesteryear are mulch. Basically what I am saying is the Always to someone born in the 90s is very different than the always for those of us that were in the parks in the 70s and 80s.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We've had a weird few days here so I can show you what we have tripped across in Northern IL the last few days.

First up....

A few weeks ago we were speaking of the programs on printers allowing you to print 3D Steamboat Willie

Here is some more pr-programmed.

DWqAEi6W4AARJ7T.jpg

DWqAEhcXkAA7Nyr.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom