The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
He made it awake until noon and was of no help what so ever:cautious: He was doing something with the computers when I wanted to order a pair of crocs:cautious::cautious::cautious:. I should have just ordered them when I saw the sale in the morning but I wasn't sure what color I needed and checked what I had before making up my mind. Next time I'll just order what strikes my fancy

^^^^
This

Last edited:

Gabe1

What is this frozen pizza you speak of:cautious: next thing you'll say is you can get macaroni and cheese out of a box:eek:

I've made mac & cheese but they all give DD a migraine. The one with the liquid cheese substance does not. It is another staple in our life.

9998cdfb43921a45f928ce03b012d043.100

Gabe1

And out of all the major things we need to take care of...this is the priority??? :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Can't imagine the dispatchers 911 calls about Plumber Tushies. It is obviously meant for those letting pants droop way too low on purpose but this will take in those with beer bellies and buckling their pants below said belly. This should be nasty for law enforcement. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Poor Judges

Bill Would Ban Saggy Pants in South Carolina
The proposed bill would make it illegal to wear your pants below your hips.

Author: Amanda Hurley
Published: 7:49 PM EST February 20, 2018

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - Pull them up!
South Carolina lawmakers are hoping to pass a bill to ban saggy pants throughout the state.
House Bill 4957 would make it illegal for a person to expose their skin or underwear by wearing their pants "three inches below the crest of his ileum" —the top of the hips.
Violation fines equal just enough to buy that much needed belt: $25 for a first offense; $50 or three hours of community service for a second offense; and $75 or six hours of community service for a third or subsequent offense.

safe_image.php

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Try Glitch or Orphan black.
I heard about Orphan Black, havent seen Glitch or anything related to it..yet.

as for me, just returned from black panther. The movie was good but I had huge expectations based on the hype. It was ok.

Action wise, it feels slower. Like 40% slower than Spiderman action scenes. This feels fresh because the super fast action feels sometimes ridiculous. on the bad side, in certain scenes it felt like they were trained by the same guy who trained the cast of star wars prequels (which is awful lol), the "attacks" clearly look like intended to miss.

Graphic wise and special effects wise.. is amazing. They seamlessly moved and acted upon the special effects in a superb way.
Andy Serkis was awesome too.

Also nhgggg.. Lupita <3

Gabe1

I heard about Orphan Black, havent seen Glitch or anything related to it..yet.

as for me, just returned from black panther. The movie was good but I had huge expectations based on the hype. It was ok.

Action wise, it feels slower. Like 40% slower than Spiderman action scenes. This feels fresh because the super fast action feels sometimes ridiculous. on the bad side, in certain scenes it felt like they were trained by the same guy who trained the cast of star wars prequels (which is awful lol), the "attacks" clearly look like intended to miss.

Graphic wise and special effects wise.. is amazing. They seamlessly moved and acted upon the special effects in a superb way.
Andy Serkis was awesome too.

Also nhgggg.. Lupita <3

I talked to my son this evening, he said he went to see Black Panther last evening. He really liked it. He made the analogy given it is a Disney film that it actually pretty closely followed the same story line as the Lion King and that given the success of the Lion King BP with the same story line would also likely be widely embraced. Similar to the pattern of Alice in Wonderland to Alice Through the Looking Glass, Disney finding a way to take Animation into Real Life Action films

Gabe1

Lunch.

When the schools in my district were built, they did not build a cafeteria, so lunch is in the classrooms. Each one of those rooms needs an adult to come in and supervise the kids. I supervise the supervisors.

None of our schools have cafeterias either. We use the gym. The long tables with molded on seats purchased have wheels and fold in half for storage. It takes about 10 minutes to open them all and remove them for lunch time. We have 3 lunch room attendants and one stipend professional staff member in the gym for lunch. (the PE teacher)

Gabe1

View attachment 265517

I guess I'm not getting what the problem is. I'm having no problems posting images. I'm just googling them, saving them to my phone, and then uploading them... :cyclops:

You are likely using Safari if you are using an iPhone. Like @MinnieM123 explained she is able to upload from Bing. So far this was a lawsuit with GOOGLE. Given not everyone has an iPhone or iPad many are having difficulties uploading copy righted photos you are not if you are still using your iPhone.

Gabe1

Yep, that is one of the most half-a$$ed themed pieces of carp I've ever seen in my entire life regarding Disney. That BLT garbage messing up the CR was bad enough, but this just power-blows chunks. How is any of that even remotely close to Disney theming with the associated resort...WTH...?!?!?!?!?!
What the hell is wrong with this company...?!?!?!?!
But, also, Unis. Is just some unimpressive, rounded, glass curtain wall stuff, too. What theme is that. Glass-time...?!?!?!

Uni is different. While we might differ on what is impressive or not that Uni resort is an independent resort, very different from Disney Mixing themes or architectural designs at Coronado resort. If a guest chooses that resort at Uni they are choosing a modern urban resort similar to the offerings of the Swan and Dolphin and I personally love the Swan and Dolphin. In Uni's case it simply a modern contemporary choice of theming vs their Italian, Polynesian, Rock'n, Retro themes. As I said Sunday I'm waiting to see how they manage to shield the new upscale resort tower from the balance of the resort. BLT is at least contemporary like its original cousin just not uniquely designed but then again neither was the garden wing addition to the Contemporary, that addition was as basic as architecture can be.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I recall the Legion of Decency too! :joyfull: (My brothers would giggle when they published the movie ratings, and would seek out the (coveted :rolleyes: ) "C" categories, and try to sneak into movies with that rating!) :hilarious::hilarious:

Copied from Wikipedia on Google (below) --
  • A: Morally unobjectionable
  • B: Morally objectionable in part
  • C: Condemned by the Legion of Decency
The A rating was subsequently divided:
  • A-I: Suitable for all audiences
  • A-II: Suitable for adults; later — after the introduction of A-III — suitable for adults and adolescents
  • A-III: Suitable for adults only
  • A-IV: For adults with reservations
In 1978, the B and C ratings were combined into a new O rating for "morally offensive" films.
I remember not being able to see a movie because of those ratings and it was on television:cautious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is pouring here again. The hourly says until 4am. Some of the water went a bit down late morning but then there was monsoon this afternoon and it was worse than it was early morning. We've had steady rain all day again aside from the monsoons that come every few hours. Sewers here too are full right up to the grate. Only the snow mounds are left so maybe it won't flood as much with less melting snow overnight??? I swear I didn't see water like this at WDW during Hurricane Irma.
Stay safe my friend

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hmmm....is our Figgy allowed to buy footwear this year? Or is it just clothing that is banned? :cyclops:
The good bye Valentino challenge allows one to buy shoes, undies, accessories other than scarves and a wedding or bridesmaids dress. Nothing else can be purchased including coats, sweaters, tops, bottoms, dresses. This is something I wouldn't attempt if shoes were excluded. I am however trying to limit my shoes to what I wear for walking around the neighborhod

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yes littlest dd was born the same year as T. I remember those commercials. I was actually offered and given the whooping cough vaccine the day after I delivered her.

That's standard now. Mom and dad both her pertussis vaccine and anyone else you think will be around the baby (in our case both my father and mother in law got it). It's given before the baby comes now, though

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It is bad here. Most homes have taken water especially the older ones. I went to sleep finally around 2am and when I woke up there was that ugh oh moment. It went from ponding water to like you were looking at Lake Michigan out there, most of the snow washed away while I slept and between the 3 inches of rain overnight sometime and melting snow on frozen ground Yikes!

My DD apartment build which is over 125 years old has streams in the basement it looks like it came in over the joints but there are at least 8 pumps in the basement and who knows what is up front as that is not a common area down there. There is a stream in her storage locker, only hers. But everything is on pallets down there and I bought her shelves and anything that can't get wet is on higher shelves. The River is almost as high as I've ever seen it, a few times higher but still what the heck?

Sympathy like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom