The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have also been strict with what my kids can watch when. It was never a problem until my (at the time) 13 year old DD wanted desperately to see Baywatch (Zac Effron, you know). I was (and still am) in absolutely not mode. I thought she was being overly dramatic when she told me everyone got to see it. And then I heard a mom relating a story that over the weekend, she purchased tickets for her daughter and roughly 20 others to go see it. All were dropped off, and the theater would not let them have the tix without a chaperone. So what did she do? Accompanied them all on a different day. All kids, same grade and school, in a very small school. So, yeah, I was awful, and wouldn't let her watch it.

Both of my kids used some pretty darn good judgement when picking out movies and TV shows. With cable in just about everyone's homes I figured they could watch whatever they wanted if not at home than elsewhere. I know I never banned at TV show, my friend never allowed her children to Watch Nickelodeon or the Evil Rugrats but they likely saw it our house. They already knew what words not to say, knew better than to be violent, pick up a gun etc etc etc. They seemed to know what movies were too mature for them and really didn't have an interest the various forms of romance. Quite frankly some books are far more graphic.

But in your DD defense I understand why Baywatch appeals to her and kids her age. One of my favorite Zac moments

donaldtoo

View attachment 265509

Elvis Memorial Combo for dinner tonight! Fed me, DH, and DS already had some dinner, but helped herself to some. What you can't see is the big bag of fresh tortilla chips they sent with this. And a lot of little containers of different salsas and dips.

Looks awesome!!!!!!! :hungry:
But, it also looks like it may be a taco short... ;) here's my Elvis from our last visit...!!! :happy: :hungry:

image.jpeg

Gabe1

I have been up since 4 AM. It is like torture just hearing it come down, and knowing there isn't a thing you can do about it, but watch, hope and wait.

It is bad here. Most homes have taken water especially the older ones. I went to sleep finally around 2am and when I woke up there was that ugh oh moment. It went from ponding water to like you were looking at Lake Michigan out there, most of the snow washed away while I slept and between the 3 inches of rain overnight sometime and melting snow on frozen ground Yikes!

My DD apartment build which is over 125 years old has streams in the basement it looks like it came in over the joints but there are at least 8 pumps in the basement and who knows what is up front as that is not a common area down there. There is a stream in her storage locker, only hers. But everything is on pallets down there and I bought her shelves and anything that can't get wet is on higher shelves. The River is almost as high as I've ever seen it, a few times higher but still what the heck?

Gabe1

Sounds a lot like here. I was surprised my road isn't under water, and neither were any that I pass on my way to take DD to school. The ducks and geese are enjoying the new lake across the street. And the sewers are pretty full of water, right now. Kind of worried about using water in the house that isn't necessary. Looks like we aren't done with it yet, though. I wish I could fast forward to about 3 AM when it should finally finish in an icy glory. (Heavy sigh)

And drivers, really. Not too difficult to slow down. Probably would have gotten wherever faster and safer.

It is pouring here again. The hourly says until 4am. Some of the water went a bit down late morning but then there was monsoon this afternoon and it was worse than it was early morning. We've had steady rain all day again aside from the monsoons that come every few hours. Sewers here too are full right up to the grate. Only the snow mounds are left so maybe it won't flood as much with less melting snow overnight??? I swear I didn't see water like this at WDW during Hurricane Irma.

Gabe1

I think it is more likely that Chuy's Restaurant likes the King.

Have you tried Honey & Jam up by you? My DD and I went to Home and Garden in Arlington last Saturday and it was just down the road. We had heard yummy things about another one that opened. It was so good, especially my DDs choice. And their juice offerings remind me of Disney mixtures. Slurp. :hungry:

Gabe1

Making up the extra hours is actually better then adding on inservice days. Especially since we can count the time we spend working at home or the time we come in early or stay late. I will end up getting my hours quickly.

I agree. Inservice hours was a point being made by that board to that specific contract. It only happened once. It was a learning curve. The year I started on the board was the year that contract was up. I wasn't amused they threw me on that committee but the Union Prez and I get along so well, always had as teacher/parent anyhow. We also had Pups that our life revolved around so we had some common bonds. I hated the man who was the superintendent prior to me being on the board. He retired, But that man knew how to get a contract written without much drama from either side. He'd call it a pile of money. This is what there is. We can divide it up all sorts of ways but in the end this is the Grand Total of the pile of money. That last contract he negotiated was a keg of dynamite. His parting gift

Gabe1

@donaldtoo polio is definitely still a thing, especially in countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan where the distrust of doctors runs really high. I believe also in Africa.... I want to say Nigeria?.

Yep. I just see how many people travel to the states from so many different countries. That outbreak of Measles in Disneyland 3 years ago they believe started from a guest from over an ocean somewhere-I forget which. I know Disney started vaccinating and booster'ing their staff during all that.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This one kinda' confuses me.
Wouldn't certain toppings drop off and fall to the side/bottom of the box sitting like that, even in the freezer...?
We don't do much frozen pizza around here, so maybe that happens anyway during transport from the grocery store...?

I suppose toppings could fall but sometimes they have at some other point. It's easy enough to rearrange them.

Gabe1

Looks delicious, but hopefully all that wasn't at the same time. Sorry about the weather. It is supposed to be over 70 today and I promised the kids I would take them to Sweet Frog. After today it is supposed to rain every day. Well, it is better than snow.

That photo of the snow and fog I posted...the snow was all gone in the morning. The snow was replaced by a huge pond of water and is even bigger tonight. The bridge maybe has a foot left to give before it tops. Still raining. Not pouring...fingers crossed.

Gabe1

This one kinda' confuses me.
Wouldn't certain toppings drop off and fall to the side/bottom of the box sitting like that, even in the freezer...?
We don't do much frozen pizza around here, so maybe that happens anyway during transport from the grocery store...?
I suppose toppings could fall but sometimes they have at some other point. It's easy enough to rearrange them.

In my house I had a massive side by side and I could store pizza standing up on the shelf in the freezer. The toppings didn't fall off they are flash frozen when manufactured. Sometime I wish they'd fall off 'cause sometimes I would have liked to rearrange the way the toppings were plopped on. At times not even remotely distributed evenly. Rarely is the not frozen pizza in our freezers. A staple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom