The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Has anyone sent shorts to be hemmed? Relatively cheap like hemming pants?

We charge $12 (both legs - yes, some ask ;))
to hem slacks at the clothing store. Not sure about shorts 'cause we don't sell them, nor have I ever seen anyone bring any in.
Could be a little more, maybe, since there's a little more material involved further up the leg...? Not sure.
I would call the alterations place in the indoor mall location that we use in a pinch, just out of my own curiosity, but, they're closed in Sunday.

StarWarsGirl

Just spent several hours with my mom's side of the family. This is now how I feel
Tired-cat.jpg

A few hours with that lot, and I'm completely drained.

My cousin who is in the military is home after graduating from boot camp, so I got to see her, and I'll try to spend an evening with her before she ships out again in a few weeks. The good news is I found out she'll be training in California while we're out there, so she may be able to come to DL for the day while we're there. :happy: And my aunt sent me home with a pan of lasagna. :hungry:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Our dog gets walked to all kinds of places for miles around here. He has learned the scents from multiple areas and we have no doubt that if he ever (accidentally) got outside on his own, he'd definitely find his way back home. :) You see, both he and Walt know EXACTLY where their dog food bowl is!! ;)

Yes, yes they do! :joyfull:

How is Jack. I haven't read any good Jack stories lately.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just spent several hours with my mom's side of the family. This is now how I feel
Tired-cat.jpg

A few hours with that lot, and I'm completely drained.

My cousin who is in the military is home after graduating from boot camp, so I got to see her, and I'll try to spend an evening with her before she ships out again in a few weeks. The good news is I found out she'll be training in California while we're out there, so she may be able to come to DL for the day while we're there. :happy: And my aunt sent me home with a pan of lasagna. :hungry:
That's wonderful that you may be able to spend some time with her out in California, it will be nice having somebody other than you're little brother to hang out with. Congrats on the free food.

Figgy1

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 I thought of you yesterday at the fabric store. All the pretty floral fabric was out and some rather cute Minnie fabric choices were also out. I was so good all I got was some lining I needed and the tube turner I was after:) It was very hard to resist getting some extra summer fabric but it wasn't really in my budget.:( At least the lining was on sale and I had a coupon for the turner:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I got up and looked at my calendar and I'm sure it's wrong! April 4th and it's cold and windy with a chance of carp. It's just not right at all. So seeing pineapples were on sale tonight's dinner Peanut groundhog in pineapple boats:D I hope all of you are having warm weather with sunny skies except @MinnieM123 I hope you're in the middle of a blizzard.:hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got up and looked at my calendar and I'm sure it's wrong! April 4th and it's cold and windy with a chance of carp. It's just not right at all. So seeing pineapples were on sale tonight's dinner Peanut groundhog in pineapple boats:D I hope all of you are having warm weather with sunny skies except @MinnieM123 I hope you're in the middle of a blizzard.:hilarious:

Most of the 3 inches of snow from yesterday melted. :( But today, we're supposed to get about 4 inches in my area. That will be a nice little treat for a Monday! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, yes they do! :joyfull:

How is Jack. I haven't read any good Jack stories lately.

Oh, Jack was a basket case yesterday. :rolleyes: Hubby decided to clean out and rearrange his work room, so he was hauling out stuff downstairs, running the vacuum cleaner, etc. That inspired me to rearrange/clean out some storage boxes in another room.

In short: it was a bevy of cleaning activity here yesterday, but Jack absolutely hated it. That's right--he was cowering in the corner--staring at the both of us like we were destroying "his" house. Dogs hate change. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom