The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's a different world. I get so sick of constantly seeing updated photo's of their children as if saying, hey look, I've got something that no one has ever had before. I like seeing their kids and, even to some extent, watching them grow, but, I don't need an update every half hour. Also the fact that your infant just smiled at you, is hardly front page news. Gas is quite common in newborns. :joyfull:

I agree.

CTBTPT6WsAAsnZR.jpg:large

Gabe1

For high school, we did several things. My grandma did something at her house just with a few family members. My long-time friend graduated the same time as me, so we did a small thing with our family members here. She had a party she claims was mine as well. I tell her no, it was all hers. She didn't really want a party either; her parents forced it. We did a really awesome trip to DL and Hawaii as a family. Then my graduation gift from my parents was a trip to WDW which I took with my long-time friend who also graduated. I didn't do the whole prom thing or senior week or even a yearbook. I can't say that I'm sorry about it either. I'm $80 richer not having bought a yearbook, $100+ richer not having gone to prom, and I went to WDW instead of senior week.

I probably would have just forgotten to do anything for this graduation had one of my friends not reminded me.

When I graduated I opted out of the idea of a class ring. I thought they were tacky. My Mom bought me a diamond sapphire star ring, which real ones are very rare now. Still have it, still love it.

Gabe1

That's good otherwise I would have to get some pricey shorts. I want shorts to be at my knee or above and everything is a little or a few inches below my knee. Funny how when I was buying shorts in college I didn't care.

The good news for you for the near future is shorts are becoming shorter again for men as are swim trunks/board shorts.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We use to get so many family newsletters in lieu of Christmas Cards. They were obnoxious. We don't get them anymore as so many comedians started poking fun at those who wrote them. When we would get a new one in the mail I saved it until dinner time. I'd read with great inflection as we ate our dinner. Good times, lots of laughter.

Me the people I question (and I lifted the name from a local talk radio show) Very Medical Christmas. The Christmas Greeting is not a proper forum to communicate health issues in graphic details at times to family and friends that are anticipating Good Cheer and Well Wishes for the Holiday.

I don't mind a photo card as much as some do unless they are sitting on their Mercedes etc. Yes, a cousin sent the his and her Mercedes photo. :eek:
I like the picture cards with the kids and pets. seeing I almost never see a few of my relatives it's nice to get some photos.

betty rose

Don't they still do the ultrasonic break up of the stone in small pieces anymore? Or is that what you mean by surgery?
Yes, they do that but his is too far down to do that. The surgeon has to go up and get the stone. As you might guess that's more painful. They do use a general knock out drug. It's the after effects that's a killer. I've had both, and had stent put in, the stent by far drove me crazy. I constantly felt like I had pressure in my bladder. They don't do that for men. Nothing about a stone is pleasant. That's why we drink tons of water. But, it's so dry out here almost everyone is dehydrated. That's more than you asked. I get wordy sometimes!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Took me an hour and a half to get home today. Snow. Normal takes me about 45 minutes.

Yup, snowing all day here. The roads were not in great shape. Hubby picked me up at the train station tonight and the car was sliding a few times on the way home. It's a miracle no other car was hit--it was slick out there, and I don't think they did a good job this time of pre-treating the roads. :mad: Idiots.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, they do that but his is too far down to do that. The surgeon has to go up and get the stone. As you might guess that's more painful. They do use a general knock out drug. It's the after effects that's a killer. I've had both, and had stent put in, the stent by far drove me crazy. I constantly felt like I had pressure in my bladder. They don't do that for men. Nothing about a stone is pleasant. That's why we drink tons of water. But, it's so dry out here almost everyone is dehydrated. That's more than you asked. I get wordy sometimes!

That sounds intense. I feel bad for Mr. Bets having to do through that. I hope the stupid stone just breaks up prior to any surgery date, and he gets better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom