The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
In t

In the teens here. Please forward your recipe!:hungry::hungry::devilish:
Saute 2 cups each finly ground onions, carrots, celery and onions with 1 pound finely ground groundhog 3 cloves garlic a pinch of salt and pepper in 2 tbsp evoo. Add in 1 lg can crushed tomatoes and 1 lg can diced tomatoes simmer 2 hours add in 3 or so cups diced green or yellow squash simmer until tender. toss with pasta fresh basil, oregano and parsley to taste. Sprinle with freshly grated parmesean cheese.

littleroo

Saute 2 cups each finly ground onions, carrots, celery and onions with 1 pound finely ground groundhog 3 cloves garlic a pinch of salt and pepper in 2 tbsp evoo. Add in 1 lg can crushed tomatoes and 1 lg can diced tomatoes simmer 2 hours add in 3 or so cups diced green or yellow squash simmer until tender. toss with pasta fresh basil, oregano and parsley to taste. Sprinle with freshly grated parmesean cheese.
Sounds delicious!!! I am in!!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In the case of birthdays, graduations, weddings, babies, etc., people need to realize that it's really not about them and respect the wished of the person who it actually is about

I think the core of the issue is that people mean well, and they can't help but inserting themselves into the picture (as in, "I'd love a big party with lots of people, lots of food, and a band."). They assume everyone thinks like they do.

Reminds me a little of years ago when hubby and I got married. We wanted a small wedding with 28 people (closest friends and family only). We also wanted a nice honeymoon trip, and by keeping the wedding small, it saved us a boatload of money. (We paid for everything ourselves.) Most people were fine with a small afternoon reception; but of course, there's always a few that are almost offended :rolleyes: , because you're not giving THEM a huge party . . . um . . . not MY problem. I ignored them, and I suggest you do as well, in your situation. You can't please everyone.

betty rose

I watched a NOVA special awhile ago about dogs and I think they said that dogs have the vocabulary capability of a 2-3 year old. I thought that was pretty interesting as toddlers do seem to comprehend quite a bit. On walks with my dog, Kapono, I have been trying to teach her different routes home. Once we have gone the distance I want in one direction I will ask her to take me home. Lately she has always been picking the right way to go home. I don't think she will ever get loose or out of her fence without a leash but I would like to think that she would be able to find her way home if she is familiar with the neighborhood. I might be deluding myself but it makes me feel better.
My dog learned a little french as well as english. I spoke to him in both languages!;):D

betty rose

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office

Meet Officer Larry Taylor! He JUST got his very own police car, he is a brand new police officer with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. This morning he got a very unexpected visitor when he was on a call in Zone 4. A dog ran and jumped right in when the door was opened and she made herself all comfortable in his passenger seat. Her owner was located, came and was able to get her out. That is after she spent some time with Officer Taylor writing a police report.

12715640_10153403046087896_1229810971754226993_n.jpg

This was a non-aggressive dog looking for a friend. Officer Taylor was able to be that friend while she was hanging out in his car. She was very relaxed and loving every minute of it.
Great story.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I didn't do a party for my college graduation at all. I spent the day visiting all my friends who graduated and I was going to miss. We did have a party when I graduated high school, but it was my mom's friends who came to say congratulations, not really a big bash. They had a grad night party in the next town over to get kids to party in a safe way instead of going out drinking. It was awesome. They had games, a gyroscope, an lottery, door prizes, food, movies....tons of stuff. One of the prizes was a car! It was really amazing and almost everyone went there. No party at home needed.

I didn't have a graduation party from college or high school either, it was just a family dinner at a nice restaurant. When I got my masters it was just a small family dinner too. That was all fine with me.

That grad night you talked about sounded like what my school did for prom. There was a post-prom party at a local bowling alley. Obviously there was bowling, but there were other games and tournaments set up and raffles with good prizes. It was really fun. My mom always paid for me and my date and my sister and her date to attend the post-prom. She didn't want so doing the hotel or party thing. The post prom was really fun and I still have the VCR I won at my junior post prom, and it still works. I wish the school that I teach at would do a post prom thing, but there isn't a lot of interest in the community for it.

betty rose

I'm getting a bit old I believe. My Mom did host an engagement party for me at their house for all the people involved and family could meet each other. Most of us in Jeans. I had wedding and baby showers. Good food and very simple, no toilet paper wound around me or party games that I don't care for that drag the events on time wise. It just seems that all things baby are trumping all things wedding which I have found to be a bit nuts-o already. The elaborate announcements, the big reveal of the babies gender followed by the reveal of the babies name. By the time baby comes there is little to share besides a photo. I genuinely love crafting however at my niece's baby shower last year we had to paint t-shirts for the baby to be. We were all in nice clothes while guests are squirting paint etc., hanging up wet paint shirts. Messy. I kinda envy the guys that go hang at a nearby bar during the events of the showers.
That's a new trend I haven't heard of. My shower was simple with the friends I made in college. That sounds overboard to me.

betty rose

We have yet to have a code but we have a document everytime that is filled out. When he was transferred my Mom added my Sis and I to it with the caseworker. Don't know where the caseworker put the document but it is not anywhere to be found. We have never had this problem at his regular hospital. They are both Catholic hospitals but this one just bugs me administratively. Likely didn't help he was transported there Easter weekend.
This sounds like sloppy administration. Sorry you are dealing with this as well as your dad.

betty rose

I didn't have a graduation party from college or high school either, it was just a family dinner at a nice restaurant. When I got my masters it was just a small family dinner too. That was all fine with me.

That grad night you talked about sounded like what my school did for prom. There was a post-prom party at a local bowling alley. Obviously there was bowling, but there were other games and tournaments set up and raffles with good prizes. It was really fun. My mom always paid for me and my date and my sister and her date to attend the post-prom. She didn't want so doing the hotel or party thing. The post prom was really fun and I still have the VCR I won at my junior post prom, and it still works. I wish the school that I teach at would do a post prom thing, but there isn't a lot of interest in the community for it.
We did the post prom at our school. Robert Goulet came and sang in the auditorium. I thought that was the greatest thing ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom