The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

We aren't either. Our wedding cost next to nothing. We had only had immediate family. Dress included , it was only about 150.00$. We drove to Florida, and stayed on a cabin on the beach. Total was less that 300.00$. For the wedding and honeymoon.
Ours cost about 1500. We didn't have to pay much for the honeymoon other than flights and some food...my friend's family owned a timeshare for West Gate resorts and her wedding present to us was the week long stay. Or maybe it was 2 weeks...I don't remember now, but I think it was only a week. So we had to pay flights, pay entrance to Disney and Uni, and car rental, and food. But it was right after Sept. 11th....it was 2 weeks later, and no one was traveling, so I think we got some good deals because they were just trying to get people to the parks and such. I know we got a lot of free stuff because we were honeymooners, too.

Songbird76

you know, speaking of important stuff.

There was one supposed "leak" of thousand papers demonstrating corruption and fiscal paradises (fake companies) worldwide for many politicians, sport stars and criminals (including terrorists or drug lords). called "the panama files".
yet no major news site has aired anything about it. Why?
I wonder if it hits too close to home (as many top companies evade taxes in a similar way)
They were reporting on that here this morning...a big soccer player, Putin, a Ukranian politician, etc were apparently all implicated.

Songbird76

Just spent several hours with my mom's side of the family. This is now how I feel
Tired-cat.jpg

A few hours with that lot, and I'm completely drained.

My cousin who is in the military is home after graduating from boot camp, so I got to see her, and I'll try to spend an evening with her before she ships out again in a few weeks. The good news is I found out she'll be training in California while we're out there, so she may be able to come to DL for the day while we're there. :happy: And my aunt sent me home with a pan of lasagna. :hungry:
Is this the side of the family that you didn't have contact with for a while? Nice that you got to see your cousin, though!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A fiend of mine called this weekend to start planning their trip for later this year. After finding out Off Kilter and Much Sweat and shears, LMA and the Back Lot Tour were gone, the trip is now a maybe depending on how mine goes.:(

I'll miss the music groups. Still not enough to make me stop going. LMA and Back Lot were never E tickets in my mind, though I was sad for the after party for all the cast that have now lost their jobs. Studios are going to be lacking for a years to come so Uni will just have to fill the gap. Problem solved for me.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'll miss the music groups. Still not enough to make me stop going. LMA and Back Lot were never E tickets in my mind, though I was sad for the after party for all the cast that have now lost their jobs. Studios are going to be lacking for a years to come so Uni will just have to fill the gap. Problem solved for me.
They were big LMA and BLT fans. I think and hope it was just the shock of it.

StarWarsGirl

Is this the side of the family that you didn't have contact with for a while? Nice that you got to see your cousin, though!!
Yup. I knew some of them growing up, but a lot of them I didn't meet until I was 13.

I'm going to miss my cousin though. She's so funny. She's going to combat training next, so she'll be playing with weapons...yet I gave her a Hello Kitty keychain from Hawaii, and she was like, "Thank you thank you thank you! Putting this on my key ring!":rolleyes:

Cesar R M

They were reporting on that here this morning...a big soccer player, Putin, a Ukranian politician, etc were apparently all implicated.
yup, Barcelona's Messi seems to be targeted in the leak.
Hilariously, a lot of our government (Mexico's) and some executives from the most corrupted and powerful companies of my country were on the list as well (along with well known narcs and drug lords).

Now they are scrambling to save face and claim that its a "fabricated lie".

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't like the Christmas (brag) letter, look what I've done, how great I am, etc. etc. Annoying. I got a letter every year from an a girl from high school, that was only in my graduating class of 700 kids. Anyway, she sent them every year. I sent he one back a couple years ago, told of the DVC, cruise around the caribbean, etc. We didn't hear from her this Christmas. ;)

We use to get so many family newsletters in lieu of Christmas Cards. They were obnoxious. We don't get them anymore as so many comedians started poking fun at those who wrote them. When we would get a new one in the mail I saved it until dinner time. I'd read with great inflection as we ate our dinner. Good times, lots of laughter.

Me the people I question (and I lifted the name from a local talk radio show) Very Medical Christmas. The Christmas Greeting is not a proper forum to communicate health issues in graphic details at times to family and friends that are anticipating Good Cheer and Well Wishes for the Holiday.

I don't mind a photo card as much as some do unless they are sitting on their Mercedes etc. Yes, a cousin sent the his and her Mercedes photo. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom