The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

You need a Godfather-like formal suit and you will nail it!

Kinda' like this...? o_O :D ;) :)

20_GANGSTER_MAN.jpg

donaldtoo

I appreciated Roy's ability to give Walt a reality check. While Walt had a vivid and wild imagination the dude really did lost touch with reality. Walt was the creative genius, Roy had the wherewithal to be able to differentiate the possible vs hairbrained, over the top bad concepts.

Where I give Roy credit is his ability to tame Walt's original concepts and direct imagineers to revise the concepts into something physiable. Jungle Cruise, Walt's concept vs Roy/Imagineers. Amazing original concept but not at all a good working plan. End result after combined efforts a solid attraction for the 1950's. Walt's concept for EPCOT, well he needed an island and his own country to pull that off. Let alone his overall concept for all of WDW, he wanted to be the emperor vs a CEO. I give Walt some credit though. He did kinda build his own Government in the swamp land that lives on today, it continues to baffle me how that relatively small chunk of land in the big picture anyhow molds and shapes their own little empire of a government still in this millennium. I have a great deal of admiration for Roy, his loyality to his brother, his ability to talk the dude down off the cliff and still be able to implement a realistic attraction/park reflecting Walt's creative ideas.
Without Roy I highly doubt we would have near what we all enjoy today. Likely if everything was imagineered the way Walt wanted it he would have bankrupted Disneyland.

Yep, I totally agree with most of your post, as I've read 7 Disney biographies over the years.
My point was, simply, that if it weren't for Walt, Roy would've probably worked at a bank the rest of his life, and it wouldn't have been nearly the adventure that it was...! ;) :)

donaldtoo

Since it's colorectal cancer awareness month, one of my co-workers shared this funny article: http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

Thanks for sharing!
Nice humorous spin on a very serious subject...! :)
I'm pretty sure y'all remember me having that done for the second time back in Oct. The prep can be a bit of a pain, but, that's changing for the better all the time, and it's not even a blip on the screen compared to having cancer.
My grandfather on my fathers side died from colon cancer.
Anyway, they found two benign polops, and I'm good to go for another 4.5 years...! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom