The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I use to buy lots of sketchers but don't anymore. I bought 2 last year and their new gel soles just are not enough support for distance walking. I wound up putting Dr Schol inserts in both of them for some arch support. I've been buying the Asics running shoes for walking.
\
T5M7N_0191_0010248313_FR_AAC
I buy Ryka's , they are designed by a woman for women.

betty rose

I learned that when I was about 10 years old and we went to my grandparents house for our regular Sunday visit. We pulled into the yard and there was my grandfather, jackknife in hand, slickly cutting off the heads of chickens that I had spent a half summer taking care of. :eek: He would snip off their heads and fling them to one side where they ran around for a few seconds, headless and into everything that was in the way.** Once they stopped my grandmother would throw them into boiling water so that the feathers would pull out easily. After that they "dressed them" and prepared them for the freezer.

Know what they had for dinner that afternoon? Of course, chicken. Did I eat any? No, but, I quickly got over the trauma and now consume my own large hen house equivalency per year. Never lost that image from my mind though. Country living is no where near as tranquil as people would leave you to believe.:in pain:
Actually, looking back, that part was pretty funny. Hence the phrase..."running around like a chicken with it's head cut off".
Yes, that happened on our farm as well. Strange to see chickens running around without a head.

betty rose

Yep...well, we don't have a laundry mat so I take mine to my in-laws' house on the weekend, do about 10 loads to get it all done, then hall it all back on Sunday. We've spent the last 2 weekends doing laundry there. Whirlpool finally called today. I'm quite angry actually. The store where we bought the machine doesn't want to take the word of the repairman I called. They want to hear it from Whirlpool themselves....who never called when they were supposed to. Hubby called them today and they finally called to make an appointment...and she told me that they charge 50 euros just to look at it. Now, -I- did not ask them to come and look at it...the STORE wants them to come and look at it. Why should I invest 50 more euros in a machine that is broken, to tell me what I already know, and then have to pay for a new machine as well? Talk about milking the customers.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
That's really bad service, seems to be the way of the world anymore. Sorry you are still going through this. I hate the laundry mat, usually so hot and humid, in there. I hope you get this resolved soon.

Goofyernmost

It was very tiring, but being our first trip, we were looking at everything and our daughter's reaction, so we didn't think about it until we got back to the room. My arms got a real workout!
One of the many reasons why we never went until the youngest was almost 7 years old. They just walked along with us. It heightened our overall enjoyment by a considerable amount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom