The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

The wife asked what do I want for Thanksgiving dinner told her we have a turkey in the freezer so I pulled it out she asked how big it was I replied 12lbs. She later looked at the tag oops it is 21 lbs for just the 2 of us --guess I'll be eating turkey for the next month if not longer.
The leftovers are great for casseroles. My mom always used the leftovers for "Turkey a la mom" which was basically Chicken a la king with Turkey instead of chicken, and served with rice rather than bread. She just warmed up the Turkey, the leftover gravy, and added some mushrooms, peas, and rice. E and I add our leftover chicken to mac n' cheese, but I'm sure turkey would work for that as well. And I think mom also used to use leftovers to make enchiladas. Lots of options so you don't get tired of it!

John park hopper

Rista1313

@figmentfan423 , how's the cooking going this morning? ;) (I assume you weren't up all night in the kitchen!)

I'll start around noon cooking for lunch about 1:30ish. I have a 3-pound, "hotel br east" of turkey (no legs or wings) that I'll cook in the oven. Also, there's baked potatoes, and real squash, Figgy! (Yup, I bought the kind of squash that you have to cut open and cook. :p ) There's a gravy mix I bought, that looks pretty good, too.
Yesterday, I made cranberry sauce! :happy:

I'm not having dessert (dieting, these days), but I bought a cute mini-pie (apple) for hubs. :)

Oh, and Jack will get some turkey with his dog food, too! A feast for the entire family today!

Making a turkey br myself... I have it brining in the fridge for later.

E and I made pumpkin pie last night and I made rolls this morning. I've never done dinner rolls before, so I looked up a recipe on the internet and tried it. They are SOOOOO good. I had to try them while they were still warm.

View attachment 515624View attachment 515625View attachment 515626View attachment 515627

Can you point me to the recipe you used? I've been testing recipes for the last 3 weekends... and haven't found my goldilocks recipe!

donaldtoo

Just got back from a short visit with my folks.
Y’all all know how important the Holidays and our large gatherings for such have always been for our family (as well as for all of y’all and yours), and this is just the weirdest Thanksgiving EVER.
But, we’re all VERY thankful for the blessings we have and our continued good health, and intend to keep it that way, so we can get back to our more traditional celebrations next year...!!!!! :inlove::happy:
Sincerest blessings to all of y’all and yours...!!! :)

257FD8A6-E102-4829-AD95-529C09FF2548.jpeg0DC39CE8-94F1-4065-9799-66B7D626607C.jpegE3FAEF0E-F902-4053-9C7B-4AF003BD0313.jpegD4D464CB-00A3-47F8-B194-B0F31C63142F.jpeg5697CAF5-36BB-4600-AF7F-A91D339DBE37.jpeg8E62276D-06C0-418A-B4E8-8F4AA236F2A1.jpeg

MouseDreaming

Did someone say mashed potatoes? Made some tonight. They were ridiculously creamy, buttery, smooth and tasty. And, I made plenty so there will be potato patties for breakfast tomorrow. Maybe too creamy and buttery...nah, no such thing. My secret ingredient, besides gobs of butter and milk, is mayo.

View attachment 515376
Never heard of mayo, but mine get sour cream. Regular Mashed Potatoes might get ranch dressing, if I find out I don't have sour cream in the fridge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom