The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Just got back from Thanksgiving in the kiddos back yard, and it was wonderful...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
Aunt Sassy (our youngest DD Sarah) is off from school and has been tested for Covid (negative) so she’s hangin’ out at their house and her apartment for now. So we’re now distancing from each other, and she took the closeups off Emmy. We ended the night by watchin’ about the first 30 mins. of “Elf” on their backyard screen...!!! :)
Hope y’all all had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as possible, considering this crazy year...!!!!! :happy:

10194F6F-E3BF-4CCA-943C-1FB256E25854.jpeg63DE3244-3826-42FA-99EC-AF926EC6CF57.jpeg50F644AA-4D8D-48F0-9799-9BB4B7CD7A4C.jpeg2737E541-8E5B-49FC-9639-086201CFC998.jpeg049F0281-EE66-4595-8AA9-10AC1A4B769B.jpeg63BDB6B9-4E83-495D-9C5D-9D98FFB9C4F9.jpeg5A8F0F0D-9085-445C-A426-E64B87A54EDE.jpegC38B56DE-28F9-4315-8D74-C40699EA052A.jpegB27A618B-7575-44F9-9461-281BFACC27B9.jpeg

donaldtoo

I started to do so as well. All because somehow a lot of the clothes now use Chinese sizing. Which is 1 size difference in a big way.

Yep, when I worked at the men’s clothing store, that was pretty much the situation there too. So glad we never had online sales. We had wedding parties buyin’ suits all the time. We sized everybody and had an on site tailor on the weekends. We also sold slim fit, modern fit, and full fit suits and shirts. Customers came in and tried stuff on. Our tailor could make any adjustments needed, and all our slacks came unhemmed, as a customer may be taller than the next, but, have the same waist size. So almost no returns ever needed to be done.
That was actually a pretty fun job. Dudes loved how good they looked in the stuff we sold, and that was cool...!!! :)

donaldtoo

This is beyond cool. The British paramedics are using a personal jetpack to lift them to mountainous terrain rescues. So much faster than trekking in to the injured. (Really interesting video, even if you only have time for 2 1/2 minutes, of the 5 minute video.)

@FutureCEO in particular, I figured you'd love this, since it's British. :happy: (P.S.: Hope your new job is going well.)

That is so cool it’s beyond cool...we’re talkin’ cool on top a’ cool with extra cool sauce and a dollop of cool cream...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Everyone can be down about humanity all they want, but, I just can’t be...EVER...it’s not in my dna...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

donaldtoo

Yep, it’s funny how many ‘round the world don’t have a clue how they’re payin’ for what their payin’ for.
NONE of that crap is FREE...you’re payin’ for it one way or another, wether your politicians blow the “We’re just tryin’ ta’ hep you!” smoke up your rear or not...!!!!!! 🤪:hilarious:
Just more fun for me to watch every election cycle from a distance these days...!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

wdwfan4ver

Thanksgiving meal and Pumpkin pie tasted great, but my parents got lucky they got an extra electric hand mixer. My mom used an electric hand mixer for pumpkin pie yesterday and the speed part of it broke with it not able to do all the speeds. That electric hand mixer that had something broke was used since the 1990s at least.

The meat from from Thanksgiving turkey fall apart. All the side dishes were great.

Songbird76

OMG those dinner rolls look so good, and that pie looks like a professional baker made it --good job
Thanks! The pie's appearance is totally E's doing. She did the edge and placed all the leaves. We have a maple leaf cookie cutter and I used a knife to make the veins on them, but she was the one to make it actually look pretty.

I think next time with the rolls, I'll just butter the tops and maybe sprinkle them with seasalt instead of doing the honeybutter glaze. I loved it, but my husband said he didn't like how sweet it was, it didn't match the rest of the dinner. 🤷‍♀️ So we'll try that next time. But they are SO soft.

Lilofan

Songbird76

Making a turkey br myself... I have it brining in the fridge for later.

Can you point me to the recipe you used? I've been testing recipes for the last 3 weekends... and haven't found my goldilocks recipe!
https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/soft-dinner-rolls/ There's a "jump to recipe" button to skip all the intro stuff. My husband wasn't happy with the honeybutter glaze, because he thought it was too sweet, so next time I think I'll just use butter. But I like a little saltiness, so I might sprinkle them with seasalt, kind of like they do with pretzels, but not so much. But they were really soft. I did have to tent them with tin foil when I rotated the pan, because they were already a nice golden brown and were only halfway through baking. But it said in the recipe you could do that if they were browning too fast, so I tried it and it worked really well. They came out pretty perfect. I had also never used the bread dough hooks on my mixer, but I will use them more often now....soooooo much easier and less messy!

Songbird76

Both pies, cranberry bread, and part 1 of stuffing was finished yesterday. Turkey is in the oven, gravy and green beans I will start closer to dinner. DS said he will take over mac and cheese. I found a recipe to make it in the crock pot, and it all gets dumped in. Cranberry sauce is jelly from the can. I found out a few years back, I was the only one who likes it with actual cranberries. And rolls. DD requested Pilsbury crescent rolls. Makes it easier.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Sounds good! We don't do cranberry sauce because none of us like it. They don't have the jelly stuff over here anyway. I finally found Stovetop Stuffing about a month ago and bought 10 boxes of it....it was sold out again a week later. Everything else I have to do from scratch because they don't have any of it here. No canned pumpkin, no gravy mix, no pie crusts. I thought about doing the crescent rolls because that's the only kind you can get in the can...dinner rolls don't exist here. But I wanted to try to make regular rolls from scratch.
Would you mind sharing the mac n cheese recipe, please? I have yet to try my crock pot and the recipes we've used for mac n cheese have not been a success. I'd like to try something different.

Anyone have other crock pot recipes they love?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom