The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So no travel issues yesterday. My driveway was worse than the highways. It was all iced over. Dd’s team got first, but again they were the only team in their division. It wasn’t a perfect routine though cause one girl came down in a stunt so they got a deduction. But they still scored over a 96, which was their highest score of the season. But oh my gosh, such high drama at the gym. I found out yesterday. The gym dd goes to is just not for cheer, but it also is a gymnastics gym, and they have regular classes for kids who just want to take gymnastics classes, and ninja type classes. Apparently some coaches were not happy that they had to share floor space with some of the other programs, and they have been comparing out our gym does with what other “just cheer” gyms do. Our program director is fantastic and has the kids as priority one. She also doesn’t like all the glitzy make-up and stuff other gyms have their kids put on, and also no crazy hair, and no crop top uniforms either. She wants the girls to be considered athletes and not beauty pageant kids. So, 3 coaches went behind everyone’s back and got together with a big cheer gym franchise and are going to be opening one of those in our area fir the next season. The horrible part is they have been recruiting kids in the current program, and they will be leaving. To be honest, those families are all the ones in this clique that I cannot stand. I say good riddance to them. Two of the coaches were in the dark as were most of us parents. The only way the gym owner found out is that these mutinous coaches asked the wrong parent about joining their new program. She contacted one of my friends, and this friend contacted the gym owner. The friend I drive with to and from competitions works their front office so she told me everything in confidence. They have some coaches in the wings and I think they are trying to get their ducks in a row before they have a parent meeting. If they get coaches to cover the rest of the season, they will let these coaches go. After they have a parent meeting they will give the parents leaving a 24 hour notice to have their decision as to whether they will cone back next year. I said they should have early tryouts this year, so they can see how many kids they would potentially have for next year. These coaches and parents think the program at dd’s gym will fold because they will be leaving. A new parent who joined her daughter this year, told us she was told that there would be no program next year. So apparently this has been in the works for awhile. Oh, and there is one other cheer gym in our area. Their owner has no idea, maybe she does now though, that some of her coaches are in on it and will be leaving that program and taking some families. That one is a small gym and it just has a team, so that is a potential problem for her. I told my friend they should have new coaches sign non-competes. Can’t trust anybody nowadays. Yeesh, this was a long post. Sorry, just needed to get this off my cheat.

Wow, but congrats to the team on their highest score of the year!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So, yesterday, it was 15 degrees when I took a walk by a pond. The days prior to that, we had high winds and temps that dropped to zero. Hence, the pond water was really choppy from the winds. Now the fun phenomenon was that because the temperatures were so low, some of the "waves" from the water splashing along the shoreline were actually freezing on contact. Very cool. :happy: I put a photo below so that you could see the after effects of water/waves freezing in place.

View attachment 442229

Cool! Kind of looks like Elsa's ice shards.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So no travel issues yesterday. My driveway was worse than the highways. It was all iced over. Dd’s team got first, but again they were the only team in their division. It wasn’t a perfect routine though cause one girl came down in a stunt so they got a deduction. But they still scored over a 96, which was their highest score of the season. But oh my gosh, such high drama at the gym. I found out yesterday. The gym dd goes to is just not for cheer, but it also is a gymnastics gym, and they have regular classes for kids who just want to take gymnastics classes, and ninja type classes. Apparently some coaches were not happy that they had to share floor space with some of the other programs, and they have been comparing out our gym does with what other “just cheer” gyms do. Our program director is fantastic and has the kids as priority one. She also doesn’t like all the glitzy make-up and stuff other gyms have their kids put on, and also no crazy hair, and no crop top uniforms either. She wants the girls to be considered athletes and not beauty pageant kids. So, 3 coaches went behind everyone’s back and got together with a big cheer gym franchise and are going to be opening one of those in our area fir the next season. The horrible part is they have been recruiting kids in the current program, and they will be leaving. To be honest, those families are all the ones in this clique that I cannot stand. I say good riddance to them. Two of the coaches were in the dark as were most of us parents. The only way the gym owner found out is that these mutinous coaches asked the wrong parent about joining their new program. She contacted one of my friends, and this friend contacted the gym owner. The friend I drive with to and from competitions works their front office so she told me everything in confidence. They have some coaches in the wings and I think they are trying to get their ducks in a row before they have a parent meeting. If they get coaches to cover the rest of the season, they will let these coaches go. After they have a parent meeting they will give the parents leaving a 24 hour notice to have their decision as to whether they will cone back next year. I said they should have early tryouts this year, so they can see how many kids they would potentially have for next year. These coaches and parents think the program at dd’s gym will fold because they will be leaving. A new parent who joined her daughter this year, told us she was told that there would be no program next year. So apparently this has been in the works for awhile. Oh, and there is one other cheer gym in our area. Their owner has no idea, maybe she does now though, that some of her coaches are in on it and will be leaving that program and taking some families. That one is a small gym and it just has a team, so that is a potential problem for her. I told my friend they should have new coaches sign non-competes. Can’t trust anybody nowadays. Yeesh, this was a long post. Sorry, just needed to get this off my cheat.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! and my loaner frying pan will be on it's way as soon as the roads are clear. I guess with the holiday weekend nobody around here is in a hurry:cautious:

donaldtoo

OMG! I was watching that last night, too!! (for about the 50th time???!!!) There's just something about that corny movie that I can't get enough of!!! :joyfull:

Yep, same here...!!!!! :hilarious:
I know I’ve mentioned this before, but, I used to have tornado dreams all the time years ago. Not so much in recent years, although I still have them from time to time. Pretty sure it stemmed from when we lived in Huntsville, Alabama for about 18 mos. from ‘66-‘68. A tornado came within’ about 3 miles of our house pretty much destroying another neighborhood. We were in a supermarket when the tornado warning went off, and were all directed to the back of the store for safer shelter just in case.
I remember my parents driving us through that neighborhood a few days later and seeing the damage. Damage everywhere, but, there’s one picture in my mind that’s as clear today as if it was just yesterday...we drove by a 2-story box-on-box house that was literally cut in half, and there was a sofa hanging about halfway out on the upper floor. Again, as clear in my mind as if it was just yesterday.
Anyhoo, anytime I’m channel surfin’ and run across that flick, I’m gonna’ finish watchin’ it...!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom