The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Jack went to the vet yesterday for his yearly doggie wellness visit (check-up, lab work, immunizations, meds, etc.) As usual, he was a combative, obnoxious patient. Even when his nails get clipped, it takes the vet, the vet's tech, and hubs to hold him still. (He's as strong as a bull.) And this is with him pre-medicated with the relaxation pill (prescribed by the vet), that he takes a few hours prior to the visit! :jawdrop:

After the appt. was over, hubs was taking him to the car; but hubs got confused about which side street he had parked on. So they walked around and around, and Jack was disgusted with aimlessly strolling the neighborhood. :joyfull: He just wanted to go home and sit in front of his favorite staring window. So, he stopped walking and plunked himself down on the sidewalk, and refused to move! :p Luckily, hubs then saw the car in the distance and finally coaxed Jack to it.
1579368839309.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
How much snow will you be getting from this storm @figmentfan423? We will be getting up to 2 inches, but rain is expected tonight. Just hope the roads don't turn icy from this. The next bunch of days will be @MinnieM123 weather, aka Eskimo weather. :hilarious:
Right now we're looking at about 6 inches and keeping our fingers crossed it's all snow. Dh has to go to a family function the rest of us can get out of tomorrow. He doesn't want to go but...…......….........….

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@MySmallWorldof4
My son has had his Chevy Cruze for over 2 years. It has been trouble free. Only replacing battery. He loves it. It is inexpensive to insure and gas mileage is great. It handles pretty well in snow he says but to take it a bit turning. The Cruze though sits low to ground so deep snow can be difficult to get into car.
That’s all he’s has since he doesn’t encounter snow too often. He thinks she’ll really like it.

Goofyernmost

Yeah, when I came in, it was freezing mist, so I'm kinda glad I got it cleaned off before that came. My back will be fine... a hot shower and a big ibuprofen should fix me up. My neighbors are parked on the wrong side (we have odd even parking in the winter if you don't use your driveway) and so I'm hoping the plows don't dump everything on the end of my drive!
Hopefully a helpful hint. If freezing drizzle is forecast it is better to leave a layer of snow on the ground. Then you have the ice forming on the snow and not the ground itself. The flexibility of the snow on the bottom makes it easy to break up the ice and give a degree of traction. Ice on the actual surface of the road or driveway is impossible to clean up until it evaporates or it warms up enough to melt. You can sand over it for traction or use salt, but otherwise it is there to stay. PSI out!

StarWarsGirl

Good news for my oldest. My step-dad is going to buy her a car (used). I found a Chevy Cruz hatchback 2018, with 36,000 certified pre-owned for $12,995. I have to convince my dh to go with her to look at it. It still has all the warranties and it has great crash test ratings, which is what I care about. Anyone have experience with this vehicle?
I test drove it when I bought the Civic. It was okay, ultimately not the car I chose obviously. They actually don't make that car anymore. My cousin has had a Cruz for years and likes it.

I am not a huge fan of GM cars. Both of my previous cars, which were GM cars, have had issues. They basically hit 100,000 miles and started dying. Both of my parents have Buicks, a 2014 Lacrosse and a 2017 Enclave. My mom had the Enclave in the shop three times lately for different issues. My dad has had issues with his Lacrosse as well.

I'd advise looking at similar cars as well, like the Toyota Corolla and Kia Forte. And Civics too, obviously. IMO the Asian brand cars are better made than American and European brands.

I used US News and World for car reviews. They do new and used car reviews, they're really comprehensive, and they're free.

Rista1313

Hopefully a helpful hint. If freezing drizzle is forecast it is better to leave a layer of snow on the ground. Then you have the ice forming on the snow and not the ground itself. The flexibility of the snow on the bottom makes it easy to break up the ice and give a degree of traction. Ice on the actual surface of the road or driveway is impossible to clean up until it evaporates or it warms up enough to melt. You can sand over it for traction or use salt, but otherwise it is there to stay. PSI out!

It also makes it a lot heavier to lift... so... choose your poison. It actually was full out raining awhile ago... and left all the residual I didn't get up off the driveway as slush... so I went back out and push the slush off the drive so that it doesn't refreeze and turn into a skating rink.

SteveBrickNJ

It is snowing in Brick NJ. A shot of my Mazda after the snow has been falling for 45 minutes.View attachment 442065
Oh....& btw, I just paid off that car earlier this month. I can now shift the money that monthly I was putting toward the loan....now that money can go into my daughter's 529 plan. ( We have the option to make our first Liberty U payment now...a College 9 month payment plan). If we elect to start now she gets a $600 book credit. Free books! We'll likely jump at that incentive.😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom