The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
giphy.gif
index.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
So if y'all remember, I got sick xmas eve..... well I've still been battling with this bug a month later.... just recently, my ear has been plug this last week and I can't hear anything.... and my sinuses feel swollen. I'm tired of fighting with this... so I'm off to the med station this morning for hopefully antibiotic to evict whatever is doing this to me!
Good luck and I hope it's gone soon xoxo

MinnieM123

Premium Member

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So let me tell you a cheer drama update. 3 coaches are opening a big (division 1) all star gym in our area. According to a letter I received yesterday, these 3 were fired yesterday because they have supposedly been soliciting parents at dd's gym (the place they work at.) to move with them to the new gym when it opens in a few months. They did give their notice a few weeks ago, but said they would continue the season. They were fired because of the solicitation, a move I consider correct by the owner. My dd and many other children were devastated by this news. The owner found out about this because one parent who was solicited told someone, who told the owner. They were also told the gym would close its cheer program. So yesterday there was an apparent meeting at someone's house (someone I don't like, but someone I know that was solicited and will be moving to the new gym) to discuss what transpired. Myself and some others were not invited to this meeting. After we found out we weren't invited, a friend that was invited asked the hostess to invite us. She did not. I did find out that the meeting was the coaches answering questions relayed by parents. For now all the kids in the program will finish out the season. Next year is up in the air. I know that some will be leaving because they don't think their kids are being treated good enough by the gym. God forbid they have to share gym space with gymnasts, or another class program. 🙄 In any case, one of the coaches let go was the one who gave dd her private classes and she also coached her team last year, and the previous. This is why dd is so upset. I contacted this coach this morning and let her know I was upset by the whole situation, but obviously not as much as my dd. I told her I heard the gym's side of the story, but since I was not invited to the meeting, I didn't hear the coaches' side. I asked her to give me her side. Fair, correct? I told her that if what was said was true, then that left a bad taste in my mouth and the optics to the community of how this gym started would be bad. It is a relatively small town. I also advised her that she should try and rectify things with the gym owner because it is not good to burn bridges. I hope she writes me back . I hope she has some integrity. If she doesn't then all I suspect is true, and that is just sad to me.

Sheesh, this thing gets worse by the day! I can't begin to figure out this puzzle, but the one thing that really popped out, was the extent to which back-door meetings are going on, and who is "selected" to attend those meetings. Bizarre! :jawdrop:

My heart goes out to the kids -- they get stuck in the middle of all this mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom