Testing Complete in 2012?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I will. :D

Parts of this rumor are true. I've brought this up ast year but it went unnoticed by most. I don't know a time frame, cost or dates but it's part of the NextGen program.

The entire queue will be reworked. Instead of visiting a test lab guests will be able to choose specs for their vehicles to see how they perform while on the ride. The NextGen process will use a device to store the information as you travel along the queue adding all of the different options and then you will be able to upload it to your vehicle.

The ride itself will basically be the same save for audio and video. You will see how your specs are holding up under the different circumstances.

In the post show area you can view and email a video (including the specs of your vehicle) to yourself or others.

Haven't seen anything on vehicle changes (although new paint or bodywork could happen) but the track is staying the same this far.

:animwink:

You have mentioned this before. And for a mid-life update, this actually sounds pretty good to me. Refresh an attraction that is still popular to make it more relevant and interesting. And given GM's turn of fortune (for now, at least) financially, not surprising that they'd have money to put into it.

I've heard of the refurb.
Been told there would be no character overlay. Seas needed the attendance boost Nemo could provide (and an easy to apply, piggybacked show), TT does not.

Glad to hear no characters. And Nemo fit's into Epcot much better than Cars. Nemo is set in our world (i.e., there are people). Cars is set in an alterantive universe.

Certainly. Additions will be announced, some will happen and others won't.
Net gain, so...win.

Odd thing is....they apparently already know which is which...

That is odd.

Oddysey

Parts of this rumor are true. I've brought this up ast year but it went unnoticed by most. I don't know a time frame, cost or dates but it's part of the NextGen program.

The entire queue will be reworked. Instead of visiting a test lab guests will be able to choose specs for their vehicles to see how they perform while on the ride. The NextGen process will use a device to store the information as you travel along the queue adding all of the different options and then you will be able to upload it to your vehicle.

The ride itself will basically be the same save for audio and video. You will see how your specs are holding up under the different circumstances.

In the post show area you can view and email a video (including the specs of your vehicle) to yourself or others.

Haven't seen anything on vehicle changes (although new paint or bodywork could happen) but the track is staying the same this far.

I really like this idea, but a Cars overlay would really kill it for me. I hope your description comes to fruition.

boufa

At this point all of the things that are likely to be announced at D23 would make the expo at least a month long!

GM sponsoring a change... sure GM is owned (largely) by the US government. And if anyone knows how to dump too much money into too little results, its the US government.

Maybe they are upgrading it to replace all of the light bulbs that will be illegal starting in 2012?!?

jakeman

Because there are no negative consequences. Regardless of what they do, their defenders are legion.
Interestingly enough, so are their detractors, and really there are no negative consequences there either because that group is going to complain no matter what.

Krack

Interestingly enough, so are their detractors, and really there are no negative consequences there either because that group is going to complain no matter what.

You say that, but even you know it's not true. Well managed and cared for Disney parks (Disneyland) don't get endless complaints. The complaints come when management stops trying and doesn't care. The management defenders remain regardless of how poorly the parks are maintained; as your post proves.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Complaints will persist regardless of park maintenance or condition. As long as there remains those who think the parks started to deteriorate after 1994, or there's too many children, too many Princesses or too few "adult" options, complaints will persist. It's simply the nature of things.

Admiral01

Premium Member

HMF

At this point all of the things that are likely to be announced at D23 would make the expo at least a month long!

GM sponsoring a change... sure GM is owned (largely) by the US government. And if anyone knows how to dump too much money into too little results, its the US government.

Maybe they are upgrading it to replace all of the light bulbs that will be illegal starting in 2012?!?

They don't own GM they just give them seven hundred-Billion Dollars and expect them to fix themselves which considering the damage GM has done to the state of Michigan, I am not too optimistic.

PeoplemoverTTA

This is going to sound selfish, but I just bought a Cruze and, while I like it, I don't feel like waiting in line for a half hour to ride my own car around Epcot :lol:

Seriously, though, I like the idea of plussing an attraction that is still drawing crowds (similar, though not entirely, to the HM plussing in 07 and this year).

Too bad there are so few active sponsorships left in Epcot...other attractions in Future World could use a boost!

NoChesterHester

Seriously, though, I like the idea of plussing an attraction that is still drawing crowds (similar, though not entirely, to the HM plussing in 07 and this year).

I know other things could really use it, but from the sounds of it the areas that need the most work (pre-show + post show) is what will be refurbed. I too love the idea of them plussing a good attraction and not waiting until it falls in on itself. Now if we could just get them to concentrate on the ones that have already collapsed...

PalisadesPkteer

Raven,

Sounds like all they really intend to do is rehab the que and post shows.

With all this down time, why not fix, repair or replace worn parts etc. so the ride will not breakdown as often?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster

Here's a question. I heard there will be a name change... Is this true?

Prototype82

I'm a huge fan of Test Track as well. It's a relevant and fun attraction. However, switching the theme to developing new vehicles really amps up the Future World theme. If done properly, I welcome the change.

raven

Sorry, I just wanted to do that.

I do remember you posting this rumor a while ago and I've kept an eye on it.

Is the thought that they will announce multiple things - see what generates excitement and modify accordingly?

Raven,

Sounds like all they really intend to do is rehab the que and post shows.

With all this down time, why not fix, repair or replace worn parts etc. so the ride will not breakdown as often?

Hopefully!

Here's a question. I heard there will be a name change... Is this true?

I think it will stay the same.

jakeman

You say that, but even you know it's not true. Well managed and cared for Disney parks (Disneyland) don't get endless complaints. The complaints come when management stops trying and doesn't care. The management defenders remain regardless of how poorly the parks are maintained; as your post proves.
I've not said anything in defense of management in my post. I just pointed out the flip side of your position.

I do know from my time on the Internet that someone is always complaining about something. Whether it be WDW or DLR someone is always complaining.

gljvd

It be great if GM decides to go with a volt theme , be good to get a younger generation excited about electric cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom