Testing Complete in 2012?

ArtieJim

I'd like to see something done to test track, it's so boring. I don't know how to take this rumor though, as people have said why would they change a popular ride. Then again, if GM is the one with say about what happens to the ride than I can see that happening, they're finally starting to turn profits again so they want to throw their weight around a bit it would seem if this holds true.

Malvito

Since we are talking about rumours, maybe they are going to combine TT with CoP and replace "It's A Great big Beautiful Tomorrow" with "Detroit" from Happiest Millionaire ... (stoking the flames) :fork: (buahahahahahaha etc)

Kiff

Much of which I wouldn't hold my breath for it ever happening. But that's another story....

Cryptic... Are we talking about this TT refurb in particular or a bunch of announcements at D23?

If we are talking about multiple announcements, I understand that the occasional item that gets announced doesn't happen (Princess cottages, WRE, or Spain Pavilion anyone?). But to have "much" of the things announced at a D23 show not materialize... that seems strange....

wayneway

I guess we should get used to the idea of possibly of losing attractions every 10 or so years at Epcot, the problem is you never know if the redesign will be a improvement or if it will be Journey into your Imagination...

Denscott

Perfect opportunity to replace the ride vehicles and tech overlays with 3 of Chevrolet's most popular brands, either Corvette, Camaro, and Volt...gas vs electric and performance vs enviroment and the design/ challenges for both in the current and future

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Cryptic... Are we talking about this TT refurb in particular or a bunch of announcements at D23?

If we are talking about multiple announcements, I understand that the occasional item that gets announced doesn't happen (Princess cottages, WRE, or Spain Pavilion anyone?). But to have "much" of the things announced at a D23 show not materialize... that seems strange....

Recently we have had a few things announced that never materialized. So anything they bring us at D23 needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Princess land, Pixie Hollow, Hyperion Wharf.

Kiff

Hmmm...it does doesn't it?:lookaroun
Sounds almost like another "Disney Decade".

I'm not sure if I should be hyped for the announcements or disappointed when they don't come to fruition. :veryconfu

For what nefarious purpose would they announce things they know won't happen. Or is it a case of dreaming too big and the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

CrescentLake

Recently we have had a few things announced that never materialized. So anything they bring us at D23 needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Princess land, Pixie Hollow, Hyperion Wharf.

Come on, Princessland and Pixie Hollow were elements of the FLE that didn't come to fruition (and thank God for that). And both were replace, so that argument is moot. Hyperion Wharf is different, as they have been doing at least minimal construction. (right?) Have any of our insiders commented on it being dead, or is that just something everyone assumed?

At any rate, your post is a perfect example of the pessimistic spin almost everything gets on this forum.

Lee

Adventurer
But even if it was something like that, wouldn't we still get additions, just not all of those announced? So its still a win right?

Certainly. Additions will be announced, some will happen and others won't.
Net gain, so...win.

Odd thing is....they apparently already know which is which...

CrescentLake

Net gain, so...win.

Well that's really....odd. When these things are announced, will you be able to tell us which is which? (Too much to ask, but I can't help it.)

Very interesting...

NX2I85

Net gain, so...win.

Odd indeed. It makes D23 seem like hucksterism, and its attendees suckers.

jmuboy

Net gain, so...win.

FANTASYLAND EXPANSION anyone??? Hyped at 09 D23 Expo and D23 1st anniversary event. Half that stuff will never happen now. (but the changes were GOOD changes so I am not complaining).

SeaCastle

Net gain, so...win.

I find it odd that Disney would go into the business of announcing things they have no intention to build. After all, you'll have hundreds (or thousands) of drooling fanboys who will be hanging on at every word and will throw a hissyfit when they don't build it.

Does anyone else find it odd that last year at the expo they had very little "news" to announce and a mere two years later, they're dishing out everything?

Horizonsfan

Net gain, so...win.

That's great that so much supposedly will be happening but seriously why announce things you know roughly 2 months prior aren't happening?

Once the announcements are made I'd also like a little more background on all this (the rumors not coming to fruition).

RSoxNo1

Nevermore.

Sorry, I just wanted to do that.

I do remember you posting this rumor a while ago and I've kept an eye on it.

I've heard of the refurb.
Been told there would be no character overlay. Seas needed the attendance boost Nemo could provide (and an easy to apply, piggybacked show), TT does not.

Net gain, so...win.

Is the thought that they will announce multiple things - see what generates excitement and modify accordingly?

montyz81

Perfect opportunity to replace the ride vehicles and tech overlays with 3 of Chevrolet's most popular brands, either Corvette, Camaro, and Volt...gas vs electric and performance vs enviroment and the design/ challenges for both in the current and future

#1 - Those are Cars not brands
#2 - The most popular cars in Chevy's lineup are the Equinox, Cruze and Silverado in terms of sales the key indicator to popularity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom