News Test Track to be reimagined

aladdin2007

I think the thought was an attraction lasting nearly twenty years will get returned or replaced.
Sometimes it's under what the sponsor wants.

When it comes to EPCOT particularly,

Instead they half changed things to lesser thematically messier versions and the others are not there at all.anymore. so.the nostalgic ones have is for "Hey when this was better?"
Energy Adventure used the past that created resourced that we find the present and tried to inspire responsible use for future. It did that well. It was just Ellen lasted longer than the show in there before...by a lot.

Test Track tried. And I'm their minds Test Track 2 even did but both ended up being industrial, as 2.0 was design in the queue with no relevance or fun tie in functionality in the attraction and post show has still been too corporate.
Maybe they are true to their goal when they say this will be back to the world of.motioj inspiration.

They are not MK classics, and even those have oddly been neglected or ended up staying as neglected or lesser versions in some cases.(and pre 70s those were not sacred how they became.
Iger has left things more stale than any leader before him.

Basing something on Franchises of recent and aimless recently has been easier.

What is interesting is even Disney's third most visited for theme park(not likely anymore) that has grown to a better spot has no opening day attractions(to my knowledge, even Star Toirs technjcally.redone and rethemed to.new saga points( left)
Not even Universal can say that.
Originally those pavilions were designed with ten year sponsor contracts, and meant to be changed out. It didn't quite pan out that way of course but that was the design set up. Of course back then ten tears was much longer than it is today, today its nothing lol, scary I know.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
What’s always been fascinating to me is the fact that Test Track was part of Transportation’s original plans for much of it’s development.

So while I can see that it’s a bit outdated and inferior to Motion, it *is* faithful to concept and purpose.

SamusAranX

I’m jealous! I could tell it was a fun ride—I enjoyed the first 20 seconds of it—but my tolerance for anything more thrilling than Space Mountain (not the Paris one!) has plummeted these past few years. I didn’t even risk Tower of Terror during my last visit.
Sorry to hear that. Those are two of may favs at Disney and I couldn’t imagine not being able to do them

V_L_Raptor

I would imagine that Small World, Peter Pan and Big Thunder are being eyed....

Fingers crossed for Carousel of Progress to get love like Country Bears are getting.

(Side note: Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Buzz are looking ROUGH.)

Admittedly, Buzz has looked rough for a while. Fluorescent paint on flats stops being fun show after a decade or so. (For that matter, so do cheap plastic optical effects to make a fake toilet flush upside down...)

JoeCamel

Admittedly, Buzz has looked rough for a while. Fluorescent paint on flats stops being fun show after a decade or so. (For that matter, so do cheap plastic optical effects to make a fake toilet flush upside down...)
Oh oh, Pandora waterfalls take note.....

Marc Davis Fan

On RSR, there’s a track switch that allows people transferring from wheelchairs (and others with limited mobility) to board in a separate area and take the time they need. Does anyone think that could be added here? It would certainly help with capacity.

Mickeynerd17

On RSR, there’s a track switch that allows people transferring from wheelchairs (and others with limited mobility) to board in a separate area and take the time they need. Does anyone think that could be added here? It would certainly help with capacity.
The only track switch in TT is the switch to maintenance that bypasses load. Unless they reduce the size of the maintenance bay, I have a hard time seeing how they could fit one in given the space constraints.

Vinnie Mac

Take it with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard a rumor from various leaders at EPCOT that the new Test Track will reconfigure the track to be completely indoors. That way it won’t have to close due to lightning.
This would be horrible lol. Wonder how expensive this would be. Would suck walking up to Test Track and not hearing the cars whizzing by above

Stupido

This would be horrible lol. Wonder how expensive this would be. Would suck walking up to Test Track and not hearing the cars whizzing by above

They can still have car racing audio playing. Just like the vanilla you smell on main street isn't from the actual baked goods you can buy.

I'm all for this, a fully enclosed track means no more sights of employee parking and office buildings while on the ride. Ride show quality is a higher pay off for me than hearing a car swooshing in the distance.

EeyoreFan#24

Take it with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard a rumor from various leaders at EPCOT that the new Test Track will reconfigure the track to be completely indoors. That way it won’t have to close due to lightning.
I was speculating about this last year, it makes complete sense to me. Will have to see if it’s doable financially. I would think they would need to add a show building if they kept the same technology for the ride length.

I don’t think there’s enough rides to support an extended outage in Epcot right now for weather so makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom