News Test Track to be reimagined

gerarar

Premium Member
The concept art looks promising if they're going with physical detailed props as if you're in a forest.
F5lryqXagAA-t7d.jpeg

Kinda reminds me of the ET ride..

MerlinTheGoat

The art, assuming that's physical scenery along the edge of the track and not projection, does look like it'll be an improvement over the previous versions of the ride. Almost anything would be better than the empty dark flat corridors though, or a boring industrial factory. I've always disliked Test Track, in either of its iterations.

That said, i'm really curious to know what is supposed to be "WoM-inspired" about it. At least going from the art, it's just a a generic looking forest... Are they keeping the WoM stuff a secret, or is that just nostalgia bait and it'll only be a quick hard to spot homage hidden somewhere?

Last edited:

Horizonsfan

Honestly, having John Michael Higgins (Bill McKim) serve as a narrator during slower sections, a la Gary Owens, would be pretty great.

The big question in my mind is if Chevy/Disney is willing to modify the track to have a WOM-style buildup for the first half of the attraction.

If they rebuild the former ABS runs to a more traditional dark ride layout, you could have quite a bit of story from the lift all the way to the start of the hairpin turns.

aladdin2007

The art, assuming that's physical scenery along the edge of the track and not projection, does look like it'll be an improvement over the previous versions of the ride. Almost anything would be better than the empty dark flat corridors though, or a boring industrial factory.

That said, i'm really curious to know what is supposed to be "WoM-inspired" about it. At least going from the art, it's just a a generic looking forest... Are they keeping the WoM stuff a secret, or is that just nostalgia bait and it'll only be a quick hard to spot homage hidden somewhere?
its kind of sounding like a version of time racers.....but with chevy involved footing the bill, I dont think its just bait or a quick spot,,,this sounds like a fully fleshed out ride concept coming.

scpergj

Of all the things in Epcot to invest in right now, why this? Both SSE and Imagination need investment more desperately than Test Track. The current version of Test Track is a downgrade from the original version (IMO), but it certainly doesn’t feel dated.
Because Test Track has a high dollar sponsor.

that said, I really like the concept for Test Track. I loved World of Motion and IF DONE RIGHT could be a really nice update.

No Name

Inspiration from World of Motion sounds like a terrible idea for a Test Track… hopefully something they’re just blindly saying at a fan convention. What they really should do is combine the strengths of both versions of Test Track (actual heart and story from the first, high-tech look of the current, etc) and that’s what this concept art looks like it’s doing.

The big question in my mind is if Chevy/Disney is willing to modify the track to have a WOM-style buildup for the first half of the attraction.
That just sounds so ill-fitting for the premise of this ride. If anything I hope they extend the outdoor fast section!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom