News Test Track to be reimagined

V_L_Raptor

I would imagine that Small World, Peter Pan and Big Thunder are being eyed....

Fingers crossed for Carousel of Progress to get love like Country Bears are getting.

(Side note: Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Buzz are looking ROUGH.)

Admittedly, Buzz has looked rough for a while. Fluorescent paint on flats stops being fun show after a decade or so. (For that matter, so do cheap plastic optical effects to make a fake toilet flush upside down...)

JoeCamel

Admittedly, Buzz has looked rough for a while. Fluorescent paint on flats stops being fun show after a decade or so. (For that matter, so do cheap plastic optical effects to make a fake toilet flush upside down...)
Oh oh, Pandora waterfalls take note.....

Marc Davis Fan

On RSR, there’s a track switch that allows people transferring from wheelchairs (and others with limited mobility) to board in a separate area and take the time they need. Does anyone think that could be added here? It would certainly help with capacity.

Mickeynerd17

On RSR, there’s a track switch that allows people transferring from wheelchairs (and others with limited mobility) to board in a separate area and take the time they need. Does anyone think that could be added here? It would certainly help with capacity.
The only track switch in TT is the switch to maintenance that bypasses load. Unless they reduce the size of the maintenance bay, I have a hard time seeing how they could fit one in given the space constraints.

Vinnie Mac

Take it with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard a rumor from various leaders at EPCOT that the new Test Track will reconfigure the track to be completely indoors. That way it won’t have to close due to lightning.
This would be horrible lol. Wonder how expensive this would be. Would suck walking up to Test Track and not hearing the cars whizzing by above

Stupido

This would be horrible lol. Wonder how expensive this would be. Would suck walking up to Test Track and not hearing the cars whizzing by above

They can still have car racing audio playing. Just like the vanilla you smell on main street isn't from the actual baked goods you can buy.

I'm all for this, a fully enclosed track means no more sights of employee parking and office buildings while on the ride. Ride show quality is a higher pay off for me than hearing a car swooshing in the distance.

EeyoreFan#24

Take it with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard a rumor from various leaders at EPCOT that the new Test Track will reconfigure the track to be completely indoors. That way it won’t have to close due to lightning.
I was speculating about this last year, it makes complete sense to me. Will have to see if it’s doable financially. I would think they would need to add a show building if they kept the same technology for the ride length.

I don’t think there’s enough rides to support an extended outage in Epcot right now for weather so makes sense.

Disstevefan1

I guess if they kept the high speed ending and just enclosed I guess that would be OK.

Having said that, if they went that way HOW MANY YEARS would it be closed??

Mickeynerd17

Doubt it. People ride test track for the outdoor speed portion. Removing it would defeat the purpose of having the ride system in the first place.

Though, to make it work there would have to be a serious redo of the layout inside including potentially adding another floor inside the building. Removing the speed portion would make it more like World of Motion but I just don't see it happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom