News Test Track to be reimagined

Disstevefan1

Take it with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard a rumor from various leaders at EPCOT that the new Test Track will reconfigure the track to be completely indoors. That way it won’t have to close due to lightning.
I guess if they kept the high speed ending and just enclosed I guess that would be OK.

Having said that, if they went that way HOW MANY YEARS would it be closed??

Mickeynerd17

Take it with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard a rumor from various leaders at EPCOT that the new Test Track will reconfigure the track to be completely indoors. That way it won’t have to close due to lightning.
Doubt it. People ride test track for the outdoor speed portion. Removing it would defeat the purpose of having the ride system in the first place.

Though, to make it work there would have to be a serious redo of the layout inside including potentially adding another floor inside the building. Removing the speed portion would make it more like World of Motion but I just don't see it happening.

SilentWindODoom

I've said it before, but for a grand finale after the loop, throw in a surprise "black ice" simulation and you'll have a real thrill that only we in the colder climes have had the misfortune to experience.

I read "loop" and thought for a moment you'd suggested they add an inversion to the ride. :hungover:

DCBaker

Premium Member

Adding the above to this thread.

Here's a quote from the article:

"According to friends of Mickey Views working at Test Track inside the Walt Disney World Resort, key cast members have been notified the GM-sponsored pavilion will be closing for a major update in Late July of 2024. Disney has yet to officially announce a closing date for the reimagining of Test Track."

Marc Davis Fan

Doubt it. People ride test track for the outdoor speed portion. Removing it would defeat the purpose of having the ride system in the first place.

Though, to make it work there would have to be a serious redo of the layout inside including potentially adding another floor inside the building. Removing the speed portion would make it more like World of Motion but I just don't see it happening.

I think they mean enclosing the outdoor speed portion, not removing it.

Enclosing it would have a host of benefits, including allowing it to run in all weather and not breaking the immersion with backstage views (which fit the theme of TT 1.0, but not 2.0 and likely not 3.0).

Vinnie Mac

Adding the above to this thread.

Here's a quote from the article:

"According to friends of Mickey Views working at Test Track inside the Walt Disney World Resort, key cast members have been notified the GM-sponsored pavilion will be closing for a major update in Late July of 2024. Disney has yet to officially announce a closing date for the reimagining of Test Track."
Obviously knew this was happening but didn't think it was happening this soon. I know most people preferred the original Test Track (or even WOM for that matter) but 2.0 is what i personally grew up on (I'm young i know) and is what my family and I have become attached to over the years.

Sad but excited to see what Disney cooks up for TT 3.0

Mickeynerd17

I think they mean enclosing the outdoor speed portion, not removing it.

Enclosing it would have a host of benefits, including allowing it to run in all weather and not breaking the immersion with backstage views (which fit the theme of TT 1.0, but not 2.0 and likely not 3.0).
If that's the case, I'd rather not. We have enough massive box structures backstage in that part of the park and more importantly I don't want to see the front of the building covered up more than it already is.

Unfortunately, the reduced downtime is very, very enticing though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom