Test Track refurb???

Pseybert

This is going to be the most ridiculous thing you read in this thread, but also the best:

TT 2.0 is basically perfect, save for the outer loop. But I have found a solution. On my phone, one of my alarms is called "High Tide." This music pumping out loud from the on-board audio during the high speed loop would make this ride perfect.

Listen to it here while watching a POV video:

Ignore that it's not long enough - but you get the idea. GET SOME MUSIC ON THE LOOP!

TP2000

I try not to judge Disney theme park attractions via YouTube videos. But.... this looks like a great update to an aging Future World pavilion that was past its prime. TT 2.0 is an improvement all around to what was there before.

I will look forward to going on this one later this winter!

Thrill Seeker

It's kind of an odd transition that TT2.0 has had... it's vastly more indepth than your average rehab, but is it enough to consider it a new attraction? I'd say not quite; maybe Test Track plus a subtitle, or Test Track 2.0 (officially) would have been more appropriate.

It's still a Test Track, but virtual now. The ride portion itself is technically called the Sim Track. As far as transition, it's the same kind that Star Tours had, but more drastic. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is considered a new attraction, so I consider Test Track Presented by Chevrolet a new attraction as opposed to GM Test Track.

wdw71fan

The artery analogy is definitely true. They couldn't put a building structure around the straightaway portion as, and I don't think a lot of people realize, it literally goes over the backstage access road for Epcot. (In fact, if you look to the sides, you may see busses and service vehicles passing under you!)

I think we can all agree that something should have been done besides painting the yellow stripes purple. Some cosmetic additions, onboard music, etc.

I can tell you that enclosing the loop was looked at.. And cost wasn't the reason it wasn't done.. it was because it would have required lowering the speed of the attraction in that area to 35-40 mph...

There is a reason the entire ride within the building is 'airy'.. Large objects moving rapidly in an enclosed space generate massive changes in air pressure.. Imagine 2-3 cars traveling in the loop at 55-65 mph with an enclosed tunnel structure around them.. The resonance and cavitation would be destructive, even if the structures were constructed separately.

muteki

I can tell you that enclosing the loop was looked at.. And cost wasn't the reason it wasn't done.. it was because it would have required lowering the speed of the attraction in that area to 35-40 mph...

There is a reason the entire ride within the building is 'airy'.. Large objects moving rapidly in an enclosed space generate massive changes in air pressure.. Imagine 2-3 cars traveling in the loop at 55-65 mph with an enclosed tunnel structure around them.. The resonance and cavitation would be destructive, even if the structures were constructed separately.

The forces you mention could have been minimized with a larger enclosure though, right? Think not so much a "tunnel" but a "separate building". Probably would have been hideous from the outside but so much of that track isn't visible anyway.

dreamscometrue

The forces you mention could have been minimized with a larger enclosure though, right? Think not so much a "tunnel" but a "separate building". Probably would have been hideous from the outside but so much of that track isn't visible anyway.

And then a number of people on here would have contributed to a thread titled "Test Track Refurb Ruined By Hideous Track Tunnel". Guaranteed!

Epcotbob

This is going to be the most ridiculous thing you read in this thread, but also the best:

TT 2.0 is basically perfect, save for the outer loop. But I have found a solution. On my phone, one of my alarms is called "High Tide." This music pumping out loud from the on-board audio during the high speed loop would make this ride perfect.

Listen to it here while watching a POV video:

Ignore that it's not long enough - but you get the idea. GET SOME MUSIC ON THE LOOP!

Yes! That's perfect! Kind of a funky futuristic riff, but up tempo to match the outer loop.

I do LOVE the pre-show music loop, I would love to get a clip, but I suppose they had that specially made....

WDWFREAK53

I like the fact that part of it is outside. I'd actually probably hate to see it enclosed.

I didn't necessarily need it "enclosed" but it would've been nice to have a LED light band that moves "at you" to make it appear that you're going faster than you actually are. Progressively it could speed up as you speed up (almost giving a "light speed" affect). Then, as you go around the front of the building, other lighting affects or a small tunnel could've been added when you reach max speed.

djlaosc

I think it's neat.. I think it could have been tied to the attraction differently (imagine if you were able to do a digital replay of your onboard ride video.. but it was altered by your design choices..). I'm not pooh'ing on the whole design part - it sounds like it will be fun. I just worry their implementation has actually hurt the 'value' of the ride system itself in terms of what people get out of the ride itself.. vs the other elements of the attraction.

Yeah, if the design portion actually did something apart from give you a score at the end, and possibly see your car using "mirror like" effects, then I would be all for it. For example, as I said, if Disney updated that WDW Racing Game, and allowed you to use the cars that you had designed in TT2.0 in game, then I would be impressed with it - as it is, it just seems to be a way to fill some time in the queue.

fractal

Glowing review of TT2.0

"The new Test Track is better than New Fantasyland. It’s better even than World of Motion. I’d go so far as to say that it would be a coin toss if I wanted Test Track 2.0 or Cars Land if given the option to have just one. Test Track is THAT good of a fit for Future World.

In fact, looking back at recent WDW history, I’m hard pressed to say when another attraction exceeded my expectations quite this much. Toy Story Mania? Maybe, but it’s so small in comparison. Everest? It’s so dilapidated, and not in a good way. Frankly, we might have to go all the way back to 1994 to find a similar watershed, in the form of Tower of Terror. This is the best ride at WDW since Tower of Terror."

http://micechat.com/17310-test-track-epcot/

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
As I said before, the poll on this site is very telling. It is open to all posters and not just the critics but addicts as well. For TT2.0 to have such a high lead over ANYTHING else, namely anything FLE, that is very intriguing. To look at the same poll and see that a restaurant is the leading interest for FLE... wow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom