Terrifying prediction of WDW's demise!

bgraham34

If gas goes up to 10 a gallon its not only Disney that would close. I could not afford to drive to work or power up a laptop to work from home.

EPCOT Explorer

You do realize it can go up REAL quick don't you. We're a third of the way there. And about 7 years ago you would have said "Yes, and gas is so close to the 3 buck mark.:lookaroun:rolleyes::lol:" wouldn't you? :hammer:

Yeah, I do. I remember last summer very well.

Thoughts like this, however, just seem petty and alarmist, and without getting political, I feel that Gas is on it's way out.;)

devoy1701

Nothing political about it but we do need alternative energy. Nuclear power doesn't make vehicles go. And with China using more gas than us now, we are going to run out FAST whether wed rill or not. I believe we don't even have enough refinaries to produce any more gas. The man who invents cheap renewable energy will be wealthy beyond anyone's imagination or assasinated real quick.

Makes perfect sense...we're going to run out anyway so why drill for it here? :rolleyes:

We're a LONG way from running out of oil btw.

Wilt Dasney

We hit $4 a year ago and oil tanked. People just stopped driving. The price plummeted in late summer and bottomed out around $1.50 here. More than anything, the oil companies need people to buy their product, and not just for necessary trips. And I think last year showed them that when pinched, people will simply refuse to drive.

Maybe I've oversimplified this in my mind, but I'm just not too stressed over oil prices.

Wilt Dasney

Here's something else to keep in mind about gas prices. According to this graph, going back to 1973, the price of a gallon of gas has NEVER been lower than $1 a gallon in today's prices.

In 1981, gas was $3.34 when accounting for inflation. The fact that the price at the pump was a lot lower 30 years ago doesn't mean it was a lot easier for people to pay those prices, based on incomes at the time.

DisneyLeo18

"if gas hits $10 people will stop traveling". Well DUH! they really didnt go out on a limb with that one. I live in NY and gas is around $3 right now. if gas more than tripled anytime soon i would be in complete shock.

sublimesting

Original Poster
Rolling Stone magazine is not exactly the first stop for business news, is it?

. . .other than the music business.

Research is research though, you don't necessarily have to write for a business mag to report business. Playboy has some article now and then too from what I hear.

Wilt Dasney

"if gas hits $10 people will stop traveling". Well DUH! they really didnt go out on a limb with that one. I live in NY and gas is around $3 right now. if gas more than tripled anytime soon i would be in complete shock.
If gas hits $50, it'll be even worse than if it hits $10. I'm just sayin'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom