Temporary Huggles

tigsmom

DDuckFan130 said:
Yeah. The other French teacher is the complete opposite. I'm more like THAT teacher. Media helps a lot in this situation.

But you are the teacher now, as long as you follow her plans you can use any method you want, no?

We have teachers here who go to Sam's Club, etc and buy big buckets of candy or gum and use them as incentives. When I was in HS we had a math teacher who gave out quarters everytime you got the answers right.

dandaman

tigsmom said:
But you are the teacher now, as long as you follow her plans you can use any method you want, no?

We have teachers here who go to Sam's Club, etc and buy big buckets of candy or gum and use them as incentives. When I was in HS we had a math teacher who gave out quarters everytime you got the answers right.

That was what our grade school French teacher would do... give us candy, and maybe we'd pay attention.

...Or get on a sugar high. She was always experimenting. :lookaroun

figmentmom

DDuckFan130 said:
When you're learning a foreign language, I think oral quizzes and presentations is essential. Copying stuff from the book and answering questions is all very nice, but then a lot of kids can't pronounce anything because you don't practice it. Plus, it's nice to have different kinds of activities because you appeal to all learning styles :lol:

Edit: and of course I'll give out prizes :lol:

You're going to do a GREAT job. ;)

DDuckFan130

tigsmom said:

Yeah exactly. The other teacher told me to do whatever I want. As long as I stick to whatever needs to be taught, she said I can teach it however I want...within reason of course :lookaroun

Pongo

DDuckFan130 said:
Yeah exactly. The other teacher told me to do whatever I want. As long as I stick to whatever needs to be taught, she said I can teach it however I want...within reason of course :lookaroun

So no getting naked?

Darn.

Nemo14

Evening huggles!
Reg - sounds like you've got a lot of great ideas. I absolutely hated French in high school (back in the Dark Ages :lol:). I had a teacher who just constantly lectured us , entirely in French. The thought behind it was that we'd catch on eventually, which I suppose worked, but boy did I hate it! It wasn't until I took it in college (gen ed requirement) that I really understood the structure of the language.

Anyway, I'm actually typing from my new computer finally!!!!

Lil'mermaid

Pongo said:
:lol: Yep. And I'm serious. She makes people stand on desks and yell that they have no clothes on in German.

We had a spanish teacher have one of my friends stand on a desk and point out the body parts while class shouted out the words in spanish. One of my other friends who sat in the back pulled out a $20 started yelling "Take it off!!!" :lol:

DDuckFan130

Nemo14 said:
Evening huggles!
Reg - sounds like you've got a lot of great ideas. I absolutely hated French in high school (back in the Dark Ages :lol:). I had a teacher who just constantly lectured us , entirely in French. The thought behind it was that we'd catch on eventually, which I suppose worked, but boy did I hate it! It wasn't until I took it in college (gen ed requirement) that I really understood the structure of the language.

Anyway, I'm actually typing from my new computer finally!!!!
:lol: Thanks and congrats on the new computer :D

*huggles*

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Thanks, but he jury's still out on my opinion of the new computer. Right now it seems to be running very slowly. :(

Might not be your computer, Nemo! (Huggles!)
I just had a devil of a time getting on here! I'm thinking the internet may be slow this evening. Anyway, congrats on finally getting that box out of your living room! :lol:

Nemo14

:lol: That's good to know that maybe it's not me. Yes, it only took a year+ 9 days for DH to do this ( and he has a master's degree in technology!). I think he realized that since he was home again today ( snow day :fork:), that I'd probably have to kill him if he didn't do something productive! :lol::lol::lol:

Of course, the old computer now sits here in the living room waiting for DS to clean hjis room enough to make room for it! :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom