Temporary Huggles

DDuckFan130

stranger said:
*huggles*

How?
Well today instead of having them just write down their new vocabulary, I obviously went over it with them. Before we started I had them take out 3 school supplies (that's what the vocab was) and had them put them on the desk. And then I began by asking them to show me a pen, a pencil and so forth (in French). I was basically picking their brains to see what they knew, and a lot of them did it well. And once we went over the vocab, I asked them to point out what the window was, and the computer.

I need to look over the lessons and figure out how to do them, but when it comes time to review, I wanna play Bingo with them based on the vocab also or on different conjugations of the verb avoir or a mixture. We'll see :lol: I'm getting ideas from the other teacher as well.

stranger

DDuckFan130 said:
Well today instead of having them just write down their new vocabulary, I obviously went over it with them. Before we started I had them take out 3 school supplies (that's what the vocab was) and had them put them on the desk. And then I began by asking them to show me a pen, a pencil and so forth (in French). I was basically picking their brains to see what they knew, and a lot of them did it well. And once we went over the vocab, I asked them to point out what the window was, and the computer.

I need to look over the lessons and figure out how to do them, but when it comes time to review, I wanna play Bingo with them based on the vocab also or on different conjugations of the verb avoir or a mixture. We'll see :lol: I'm getting ideas from the other teacher as well.

Mademoiselle Regina!!

Oh yeah, playing games is such a good idea and especially if you have prizes for them, like candy, to really motivate them. I think I may have told you this, but back in high school my chemistry teacher gave us oral quizzes every week on formulas and our prize would be a king size chocolate bar. I studied up on those formulas every week. (too bad I don't remember any of it.)

Good job!

Pongo

Hi everyone. I just got an annual pass :D

DDuckFan130 said:

My mom is a German teacher and she's come up with some pretty fun games for body parts and articles of clothing.

One of them involves saying "Ich habe keine Klamotten an!" Hey Connor, can you translate?

DDuckFan130

stranger said:
Mademoiselle Regina!!

Oh yeah, playing games is such a good idea and especially if you have prizes for them, like candy, to really motivate them. I think I may have told you this, but back in high school my chemistry teacher gave us oral quizzes every week on formulas and our prize would be a king size chocolate bar. I studied up on those formulas every week. (too bad I don't remember any of it.)

Good job!
:lol: I had to remind them that I'm Mademoiselle, not Madame :lol: One girl said "Wow you're only 7 years older...that's so cool!" But they haven't taken advantage of my youth and "coolness" yet :lookaroun

When you're learning a foreign language, I think oral quizzes and presentations is essential. Copying stuff from the book and answering questions is all very nice, but then a lot of kids can't pronounce anything because you don't practice it. Plus, it's nice to have different kinds of activities because you appeal to all learning styles :lol:

Edit: and of course I'll give out prizes :lol:

Pongo

stranger said:
Mademoiselle Regina!!

Good job!

My mom gives out Smarties for everyone who answers correctly :lol:

stranger

Pongo said:
Hi everyone. I just got an annual pass :D

My mom is a German teacher and she's come up with some pretty fun games for body parts and articles of clothing.

One of them involves saying "Ich habe keine Klamotten an!" Hey Connor, can you translate?

I don't have any clothes on! :D

stranger

DDuckFan130 said:
:lol: I had to remind them that I'm Mademoiselle, not Madame :lol: One girl said "Wow you're only 7 years older...that's so cool!" But they haven't taken advantage of my youth and "coolness" yet :lookaroun

When you're learning a foreign language, I think oral quizzes and presentations is essential. Copying stuff from the book and answering questions is all very nice, but then a lot of kids can't pronounce anything because you don't practice it. Plus, it's nice to have different kinds of activities because you appeal to all learning styles :lol:

Edit: and of course I'll give out prizes :lol:

When my sister was taking beginning french, her class had to watch a lot of videos...mainly videos about two people falling in love, Robert Taylor (not the actor) and I don't remember the girl's name. They ended up repeating everything they heard in the video, which helped her. Her first french phrases was trying to convince someone to sleep with her. :lol:

DDuckFan130

stranger said:
When my sister was taking beginning french, her class had to watch a lot of videos...mainly videos about two people falling in love, Robert Taylor (not the actor) and I don't rembember the girl's name. They ended up repeating everything they heard in the video, which helped her. Her first french phrases was trying to convince someone to sleep with her. :lol:
Yeah we used to watch this video with a girl in a red skirt and Babar :lol: Those helped because we almost always repeated :lol: But this teacher I'm covering doesn't like to use media at all.

stranger

DDuckFan130 said:
Yeah we used to watch this video with a girl in a red skirt and Babar :lol: Those helped because we almost always repeated :lol: But this teacher I'm covering doesn't like to use media at all.

Shame, because I think using any form of media to get the kid's attention really helps. Well, everyone has their own method of teaching.

DDuckFan130

stranger said:
Shame, because I think using any form of media to get the kid's attention really helps. Well, everyone has their own method of teaching.
Yeah. The other French teacher is the complete opposite. I'm more like THAT teacher. Media helps a lot in this situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom