Temporary Huggles

Uponastar

Huggles Danny! :wave:

I googled Aero Chunky and it came up on Nestle's Canada homepage. I see, as you said, it is also sold in Britain. Looks Good! :slurp:

dandaman

I've always liked Canadian chocolate over American chocolate, for some reason... I think ours tastes more "milk chocolatey".

I like your McDonald's over ours, but only because there's more grease :p

Uponastar

Funny how these things are different once you cross the border.
How do your McDonald's manage less grease? I thought grease and McDonald's were synonymous!

nibblesandbits

Happy Tuesday *huggles*

Just a little over a day until I leave!!! Well, my suitcase is a little full (and I thought I was going to have trouble because it's a huge suitcase I borrowed from my mom!) I feel like I've got my entire closet packed...and I don't even have the "essentials" that I use everyday in there yet, nor do I have the food I bought for the trip! (Just some cereal bars and a few snacky things)

I'm starting to get excited, although, I don't exactly think that it's hit me yet that I leave in 30 hours.

nibblesandbits

speck76 said:
you can cook....everyone can cook.....you just don't know the recipes......try buying a cookbook....or getting one from the library.

A few suggestions for the starter:

0936184744.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

0936184752.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Thanks for the cookbook ideas...I might have to check those out sometime! You know, so I can eventually cook dinner for my husband once we get married, and not have to rely on restaurants our whole lives! :lol:

tigsmom

nibblesandbits said:
Thanks for the cookbook ideas...I might have to check those out sometime! You know, so I can eventually cook dinner for my husband once we get married, and not have to rely on restaurants our whole lives! :lol:

I couldn't cook when I got married, thank God the DH could. Go to the library and look at some cookbooks and give them a try before you go out and buy some, they tend to get expensive and if you never use them...
Try the Betty Crocker or Good Housekeeping ones as they are pretty easy to follow.

Lil'mermaid

nibblesandbits said:

Cooking is fairly easy. You also might want to try some websites, foodtv.com is an awesome one that I tend to use.

nibblesandbits

I would love it if my fiance knew how to cook, but alas, he's worse than I am! He doesn't even know how to make mac and cheese.

One time he did try to make me eggs for breakfast. It was a good try, but didn't work out too well, because he didn't know he had to put either bacon grease or butter in the pan before you cook eggs. So they just tasted like egg...which doesn't taste that good.

nibblesandbits

See, my problem with cooking is that I'm very picky...so if there's an ingredient in there that I don't like...or don't know anything about, I'm gonna be leary about trying it.

For example, if the recipe just called for something like lemon juice (which I know wouldn't have that much of a taste in the food) I would shy away from eating it because I don't like lemons.

Lil'mermaid

nibblesandbits said:
See, my problem with cooking is that I'm very picky...so if there's an ingredient in there that I don't like...or don't know anything about, I'm gonna be leary about trying it.

For example, if the recipe just called for something like lemon juice (which I know wouldn't have that much of a taste in the food) I would shy away from eating it because I don't like lemons.

I'm picky too so like 90% of the time half of whats called for in the recipe isnt in the dish and I've put other stuff in it. I use recipes as "ideas" and make alot of what I do up as I go.

tigsmom

nibblesandbits said:

Most of the time you can leave out a small ingredient or substitute something close. I've been teaching my little one (11 y/o) how to cook this past year and Lil'mermaid has been cooking for a few years, they both can bake also.
Ask your mom for the recipes to some of your favorite foods (and ask your future MIL also) and work from that. Katie has asked me to make a cookbook for her with all of her favorites - I did the same for my sister when she married... this is a great way to start, then as you gain skills an confidence you can branch out.

nibblesandbits

Well, I would ask my mom and Future MIL, but neither one of them cook! So, I'm up a creek without a paddle.

The only person in my family who cooks is my grandma and I am going to sit down with her one of these days and just write down all the recipes that she can think of that she knows that I like. That way I'll have something to start with. Plus, my grandma is a good cook.

I definitely know of one other place I'm going to get recipes from and that's the recipe thread.

nibblesandbits

Lil'mermaid said:
I'm picky too so like 90% of the time half of whats called for in the recipe isnt in the dish and I've put other stuff in it. I use recipes as "ideas" and make alot of what I do up as I go.

That's not a bad idea...I should do that. But my problem is my brain is programmed to follow directions, so I'd have trouble making it up as I went along! :lol:

stranger

Lil'mermaid said:
Cooking is fairly easy. You also might want to try some websites, foodtv.com is an awesome one that I tend to use.

I like visiting foodtv.com and I get a lot of tips watching the cooking shows, like Rachael Ray! I can make a meal in 30 minutes. :D That show is perfect because I come home tired from work and I don’t feel like spending a whole evening in the kitchen and I don’t want to spend money in restaurants everyday.

I tend to substitute ingredients often when following a recipe. Like Lil’mermaid wrote, recipes are more like ideas and there’s always room for creativity.

nibblesandbits

I guess I need to watch a little more food network! I should watch it when my grandma does. She watches those types of shows all the time. Which is ironic because she doesn't really cook anymore, since my grandpa died.

stranger

nibblesandbits said:
Well, I would ask my mom and Future MIL, but neither one of them cook! So, I'm up a creek without a paddle.

The only person in my family who cooks is my grandma and I am going to sit down with her one of these days and just write down all the recipes that she can think of that she knows that I like. That way I'll have something to start with. Plus, my grandma is a good cook.

I definitely know of one other place I'm going to get recipes from and that's the recipe thread.

That's where most of my recipes come from, my grandmother...She's perfected them over the years and I just follow along (the best I can at least).

tigsmom

nibblesandbits said:

Well if she is anything like my grandmother then there are no recipes. :lol:
I had to watch her cook and write things down... found out her "cup" measure was one of her coffee cups and most of her measuring of spices was done by taste... put in a little, taste and adjust.

If you find anything in the recipe thread that you want to try let me know and I'll help all I can. :wave:

Lil'mermaid

stranger said:
I like visiting foodtv.com and I get a lot of tips watching the cooking shows, like Rachael Ray! I can make a meal in 30 minutes. :D That show is perfect because I come home tired from work and I don’t feel like spending a whole evening in the kitchen and I don’t want to spend money in restaurants everyday.

I tend to substitute ingredients often when following a recipe. Like Lil’mermaid wrote, recipes are more like ideas and there’s always room for creativity.

I use Rachel Ray's recipes all the time but for some odd reason her 30 minutes is my 60. Maybe I'm just slow or something? :confused:

And Roxxy, you can call me Katie :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom