Tearing down the North Wing?

Space Mountain

Are we sure it is not still just a refurb? They put those port-o-lets right next to the building and they wouldn't have done that if it was going to be demolished.:rolleyes: :lol:

con_dem1.jpg

DEFINETLY REHAB!!!!!:lol::lol:

DonaldDoleWhip

Now that the North Wing is gone, how about removing the 'South' from 'South Garden Wing' (so it would just be the Garden Wing)? I think that sounds better, and there is no longer a need to differentiate between North and South.

Those pictures are scary...this project is moving really quickly!

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Im really excited about the super common florida condo they are putting up....oh....wait, Im sorry.....the DVC building. :hurl:

Im fine with the DVC - I just hate the design. I mean cripes, burn it with fire man.

Figment1986

Now that the North Wing is gone, how about removing the 'South' from 'South Garden Wing' (so it would just be the Garden Wing)? I think that sounds better, and there is no longer a need to differentiate between North and South.

Those pictures are scary...this project is moving really quickly!

when booking its referred to as the garden wing.. i think that is the last reference to south...

Unplugged

Smash it.....SMMMAASSSHHHH IT!!!! :lol:

Considering how themed everything Disney now creates is, those wings (at least one is going) were an eye sore. I agree that the Contemporary is landmark status with fans (myself included), but those wings....come on.

It will be nice to have a new Contemporary tower...though we love the original, it isn't very contemporary now is it?

napnet

Considering how themed everything Disney now creates is, those wings (at least one is going) were an eye sore. I agree that the Contemporary is landmark status with fans (myself included), but those wings....come on.

It will be nice to have a new Contemporary tower...though we love the original, it isn't very contemporary now is it?

I reluctantly agree... I think most things Disney does theme, they do extremely well... like 90% of the time. I always hated the Garden wings since they really looked crappy next to the main tower. I would like to see something a little more futuristic which they do in the drawings we have seen...

dvcnut39

Awesome! Sorry guys! I'm sentimental too when it comes to WDW (Been going since I was a baby in 1971.), but I so want an add on there. I'm excited! :sohappy:
Thanks for posting the map!

I guess we are the minority here. My DW wants to add-on at VWL, but I'd love to add-on here. So I know what that means. VWL here we come!

JLW11Hi

So were they careful enough in the design so that the place can't be seen from anywhere in the Magic Kingdom? (With the exception of Tomorrowland, I suppose)

JLW11Hi

For example, I know that the Exposition building was built large enough to block the view of the Contemporary Resort from Main Street. If you could see this fancy new tower peaking out from the roofs of the quaint turn-of-the-century middle American Main Street, that would be pretty stupid.

WDWFREAK53

contempadd2.jpg

Not by too much, look at the above front elevation plans compared to the existing building.

Yeah, I think it's only taller by one floor (In that picture you posted, it doesn't include the California Grill...so the existing is even taller than that picture shows)

ToTBellHop

For example, I know that the Exposition building was built large enough to block the view of the Contemporary Resort from Main Street. If you could see this fancy new tower peaking out from the roofs of the quaint turn-of-the-century middle American Main Street, that would be pretty stupid.
would it be dumber than being able to see the Matterhorn towering over a quaint, turn of the century American town? Walt made that decision........

CaptainMichael

would it be dumber than being able to see the Matterhorn towering over a quaint, turn of the century American town? Walt made that decision........

shhhhhhh...how dare you state facts:eek:

:lol:

I have a solution for everyone, just look towards the castle..don't go searching for the Contemporary, it won't be obvious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom