Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

Phroobar

disney-hollywood-studios.jpg

roj2323

This basically personifies how the park has felt for the last half decade: dead

Having worked in the park as a custodian for a few years I can honestly say I've spoken with hundreds of people who like the more laid back / slower atmosphere of DHS. The back half of DHS in particular was one of the few places on property where you could actually sit down and just enjoy the theming, music and your family without being assaulted by noise and crowds. For this reason I'll miss SOA but my hope is the newly created lands will have their own hiding spots where it's slower and you can just explore kinda like Diagon alley at Universal.

TheOrangeBird01

Streets of America was my favourite part of the park. Nothing was better than eating a carrot cake cookie from The Writer's Stop while walking down New York Street. It was calm, but I could spend hours there if I wanted too. My family loved the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights as well, and saw it every year (we made a special trip to see one of the last showings of it, last year). Hopefully Star Wars Land will be amazing, but it still hurts me to think that SoA won't be there anymore next time I go.

The Empress Lilly

Streets of America was my favourite part of the park. Nothing was better than eating a carrot cake cookie from The Writer's Stop while walking down New York Street. It was calm, but I could spend hours there if I wanted too.
I thought I was the only one... :oops:

I loved little more at DHS than a slow walk up and down the SoA with a cup of coffee in hand. Yes, they were just façades. Everything else in WDW is too.

Phroobar

I wonder if the reason they are so slow at demo is because they are saving certain pieces for installation at other parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom