Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

Phroobar

It seems like the Studios is going to need a new name because the whole thing is going to be radically different... like Epcot

It also makes me wonder if they really need Fantasmic with the new fireworks launch site going in... Tower of Terror in DCA is getting a makeover because it's right in the middle of a "future expansion" area, if Fantsamic in DHS is potentially "future expansion" area too, then the entire place will be something different than it is/was
They could call it Disney Florida Adventure.
Or since almost everything in the park is going to be a clone from somewhere else it could be called Disney Generic Adventure.

wannabeBelle

This pretty much sums it up:
StreetsOfAmerica-08202016-16.jpg

StreetsOfAmerica-08202016-17.jpg
::Sniff sniff:: Marie

PorterRedkey

It seems like the Studios is going to need a new name because the whole thing is going to be radically different... like Epcot

It also makes me wonder if they really need Fantasmic with the new fireworks launch site going in... Tower of Terror in DCA is getting a makeover because it's right in the middle of a "future expansion" area, if Fantsamic in DHS is potentially "future expansion" area too, then the entire place will be something different than it is/was

The park is slated to get a new name after some of the changes and additions are complete.

roj2323

I can imagine quite an uproar should this be announced. Especially with the original version receiving yet another overhaul.

While I doubt the Fantasmic theater itself is going anywhere there are expansion pads on either side of the entryway. One is behind theater of the stars (TOTS) and the other is behind Tower of terror. I doubt the one behind Tower of terror will be used ay time soon but the pad behind TOTS would be fairly straight forward to use if they wanted to especially if they up and decide to demolish TOTS.

rob0519

I liked the quiet atmosphere of Streets of America. The architectural details of the buildings was great. I saw the Osborne Lights for the first time last year. I must have spent 90 minutes going up and down every street looking at every building. Things change.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While I doubt the Fantasmic theater itself is going anywhere there are expansion pads on either side of the entryway. One is behind theater of the stars (TOTS) and the other is behind Tower of terror. I doubt the one behind Tower of terror will be used ay time soon but the pad behind TOTS would be fairly straight forward to use if they wanted to especially if they up and decide to demolish TOTS.

There are and they would. There are proposals for Sunset but long long term - like 7-8 years away - if they happen at all.

Meeko77

Or a movie.

Didn't they film part of Newsies on SOA?

Not sure about Newsies, but I know they filmed quite a few music videos for MMC (Mickey Mouse Club) on SOA back in the day. On YouTube, you can see some of the videos if you do a search for MMC + the song titles "Real Talk," "We Are Family," "If You Believe," "Take Time," and "Thinkin' Back" to name a few. Really going to miss SOA.

jt04

Very interesting they took the Muppet Square wall down. I thought that would stay. So much room for expansion now. Either Muppets or something else. Much more radical than the DCA 2.0 project.

dvitali

Not sure about Newsies, but I know they filmed quite a few music videos for MMC (Mickey Mouse Club) on SOA back in the day. On YouTube, you can see some of the videos if you do a search for MMC + the song titles "Real Talk," "We Are Family," "If You Believe," "Take Time," and "Thinkin' Back" to name a few. Really going to miss SOA.
The V shape building on the Street of America was used in the intro of WCW Monday Night Nitro wrestling show. I wonder how they did a control explosion coming out of those windows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom