Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

cjkeating

I wonder if they are really getting ready for full on SOA demo or if this was just to make Muppet Courtyard more visible/less closed in? Either way, it's nice to see some real noticeable progress.

Yes. I do wonder if they could open up the area between the Muppets Courtyard and the second set of facades. From what we have heard this path will reopen eventually so it seems like they could open this up for the next 2 years (at least) before they need to close it to get it ready to lead to SWL.

PorterRedkey

Blog Mickey is reporting that the below section in blue has been demolished.
StreetsOfAmerica-08202016-11.jpg

Here is the link with the pics: http://blogmickey.com/2016/08/photos-video-demolition-streets-america-now-underway-82016/

aidancar

Goofyernmost

I loved the windows!

The streets added flavour and beauty to DHS. Performing much the same function as a stroll through WS in EPCOT.

To think that once all of this was just a set for one part of one ride!
Not completely. It was a set because they seriously were planning on making movies, in fact, one of the movies made there, The Lottery, I believe it was called with Bette Midler shows parts of the sets in it. Even the houses were used in movies to some degree.

tl77

Blog Mickey is reporting that the below section in blue has been demolished.
StreetsOfAmerica-08202016-11.jpg

Here is the link with the pics: http://blogmickey.com/2016/08/photos-video-demolition-streets-america-now-underway-82016/
It seems like the Studios is going to need a new name because the whole thing is going to be radically different... like Epcot

It also makes me wonder if they really need Fantasmic with the new fireworks launch site going in... Tower of Terror in DCA is getting a makeover because it's right in the middle of a "future expansion" area, if Fantsamic in DHS is potentially "future expansion" area too, then the entire place will be something different than it is/was

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom