Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

Magenta Panther

Thanks for the reminder, I had almost forgot that you don't like Muppets. ;)

So you think that area's fantastic? Even with the wall Marni mentioned, is that balloon going to be visible from SWL? Maybe it can be painted to look like a death star or something. Not that I give a darn about either franchise, but that area's going to be a weird jumble of IPs. If TDO were smart, they'd re-use the Muppet area for GotG. Then you'd have a space adventure next to a space adventure (Star Wars). Still an odd couple, but at least the themes would somewhat match.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So you think that area's fantastic? Even with the wall Marni mentioned, is that balloon going to be visible from SWL? Maybe it can be painted to look like a death star or something. Not that I give a darn about either franchise, but that area's going to be a weird jumble of IPs. If TDO were smart, they'd re-use the Muppet area for GotG. Then you'd have a space adventure next to a space adventure (Star Wars). Still an odd couple, but at least the themes would somewhat match.

Longer term I would be ok with Muppets being replaced, but for now the park can't afford to loose anything else, so I think the area is perfectly acceptable. It's far to early to start worrying about visual intrusions. If the balloon is visible it could easily be removed and not take much away from the land.

DinoInstitute

Muppets courtyard will receive a rather grand walled "gateway" off of the route between ST and SWL.
I mean, I'm happy that Muppets seem to be staying and I think it's good to have another IP land to visit rather than it just being TS and SW, but if ST is staying and there will be a themed path between it and SWL, won't a giant Muppets wall in the middle look kind of...out of place? :p

PizzaPlanet

I mean, I'm happy that Muppets seem to be staying and I think it's good to have another IP land to visit rather than it just being TS and SW, but if ST is staying and there will be a themed path between it and SWL, won't a giant Muppets wall in the middle look kind of...out of place? :p
Path in between will be themed to New York, not Star Wars.

TheOrangeBird01

If I rember correctly, someone said that SoA was going to remain pretty much intact, but I guess that isn't the case anymore. How much has been demolished already and is more going to go?

Next Big Thing

I did hear - but can't confirm - the ballon may be removed as part of an exterior MV refurb.
Since I can't imagine MV playing on forever... is the MV Showbuilding large enough for a ride? I know it was Henson's last project and everything, but if a Muppet ride is ever seriously considered again, I wouldn't hesitate to dump MuppetVision for it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Path in between will be themed to New York, not Star Wars.

Not quite New York, but it should be a rather classy 1930s-40s themed neutral area.

Phroobar

disney-hollywood-studios.jpg
disney-hollywood-studios.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom