Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

Captain Chaos

Agreed, but this reminds of a time when the Disney Studios still wanted quality. Imagine if they were going to do Fantasia 2000 now. instead of classical music we would have Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and all the Disney Channel Stars. At least back then they thought about the art and not trying to sell stuff.

Don't give them any idea... :hurl:

magicmaya

Stitch was born out of an Eisner initiative to get "edgier" in animation. That tells me Eisner never really understood Disney animation. Track the history of the character and the artist who created Stitch. Not saying he is not talented, just not Walt-esque. Lasseter is Walt-esque.

By the way, the guy who created Stitch is not with Disney anymore.

so SGE might be closing too, right? :wave:

EpcotServo

Five pages in and no other information or confirmation? I think the hatred of Stitch (that stemmed from the advertising of an unpopular attraction and grew to a popular opinion around here, NOT from the film-which is actually really good.) is fueling a lot of belief in this.

I think we need some more confirmation on this.

NewfieFan

Need I remind everyone of the movies that were coming out of Disney Animation at the time?

Tarzan Yeah!
Fantasia 2000:sohappy:
Dinosaur:shrug:
The Emperor's New Groove:shrug:
Atlantis: The Lost Empire:shrug:
Lilo and Stitch:ROFLOL:
Treasure Planet:shrug:
Brother Bear:shrug:
Home on the Range:hurl:
Chicken Little :cry:
Meet the Robinsons:sohappy:

IMO very few of those movies between Tarzan and MTR were very good. Lilo and Stitch was probably the best. It had heart and fantastic animation. Chris Sanders also wanted the movie to use traditional water color backgrounds like Dumbo and the other older Disney films. So to say Stitch is not a Disney character may not be too accurate. Plus as far the over saturation of Stitch goes, look at what they had to choose from!

I really liked the Emperor's New Groove and Chicken Little was pretty good too!

I still haven't seen Brother Bear yet!

On a totally unrelated note... do the Brother Bear characters still come out either in Canada or AK?

EPCOT Explorer

Note to Disney: Up has made almost 200 million dollars in 3 weeks. Make an Up ride for Adventureland. Thank you.
Agreed. Adventure is out there!
Need I remind everyone of the movies that were coming out of Disney Animation at the time?

Tarzan Yeah!
Fantasia 2000:sohappy:

Atlantis: The Lost Empire:shrug:
Lilo and Stitch:ROFLOL:
Treasure Planet:shrug:
Brother Bear:shrug:
Home on the Range:hurl:
Chicken Little :cry:
Meet the Robinsons:sohappy:

IMO very few of those movies between Tarzan and MTR were very good. Lilo and Stitch was probably the best. It had heart and fantastic animation. Chris Sanders also wanted the movie to use traditional water color backgrounds like Dumbo and the other older Disney films. So to say Stitch is not a Disney character may not be too accurate. Plus as far the over saturation of Stitch goes, look at what they had to choose from!
Most of that is opinion...I thought Tarzan sucked.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom