Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

the-reason14

:sohappy: Thread win!

The Galaxy Theater was torn down for storage space.

Storage space? With all the stuff MK seems to be losing as far as attractions and stuff they tore down a perfectly good theater for storage space? IMO they should have kept it, and put the stitch craptacular show in there. That way when they realized how much of a fail it was, it wouldnt have been seen as so much of a failiure because they didnt spend months building a new theater for it.

Jasonflz

Storage space? With all the stuff MK seems to be losing as far as attractions and stuff they tore down a perfectly good theater for storage space? IMO they should have kept it, and put the stitch craptacular show in there. That way when they realized how much of a fail it was, it wouldnt have been seen as so much of a failiure because they didnt spend months building a new theater for it.

The space is only temporary. It is used for Space Mountain storage until the refurb ends.

jt04

Ohhh over World of Disney... That one doesn't bother me at all.. That one can stay...

Stitch is not Disney in my book. It's like including bugs bunny in a Disney park. It just doesn't work. Now if they want to put him in Tiki, well for some reason I don't mind that. Go figure :p

kirksheppard

Call me crazy...

But I actually enjoyed the Stitch Dance show . . . I thought the dancers were very good and the music was fun. Its not an E-ticket but not everything needs to be and with the exception of the part where Stitch was talking with the crowd, I felt the show was well done. I HATE Stitch as a character as much as the rest of you, but I did enjoy the show for what it was . . .seems crazy that it would already be closing this soon . . .

Tom Morrow

lol! Will that make this the shortest-lived attraction ever?
Stitch is not Disney in my book. It's like including bugs bunny in a Disney park. It just doesn't work. Now if they want to put him in Tiki, well for some reason I don't mind that. Go figure :p
Explain how Stitch is not Disney?

I have no problem with Stitch the character at all. In fact, he is one of my favorites. I just don't like how he is overused.

jt04

lol! Will that make this the shortest-lived attraction ever?
Explain how Stitch is not Disney?

I have no problem with Stitch the character at all. In fact, he is one of my favorites. I just don't like how he is overused.

Stitch was born out of an Eisner initiative to get "edgier" in animation. That tells me Eisner never really understood Disney animation. Track the history of the character and the artist who created Stitch. Not saying he is not talented, just not Walt-esque. Lasseter is Walt-esque.

By the way, the guy who created Stitch is not with Disney anymore.

krankenstein

That was fast! :lol:

I dont see why they decided to build a new stage, directly in the sun, when they already had a theater that they could have used. They should have just put it in the galaxy theater. That way, it could have been easily replaced with something else, and they would have already had seating and stuff for people who wanted to watch it.

It was bulldozed to become a parking lot for management.

Animaniac93-98

Stitch was born out of an Eisner initiative to get "edgier" in animation. That tells me Eisner never really understood Disney animation. Track the history of the character and the artist who created Stitch. Not saying he is not talented, just not Walt-esque. Lasseter is Walt-esque.

:rolleyes:

^ This sums up my feelings nicely.

theRIOT

Track the history of the artist who created him huh?
If you don't like how the man lives his personal life -- fine. Why take it out on his cartoon character?

Please, please step down from your soapbox and put the Lasseter is the "New Walt" crap to rest.

Chris Sanders was one of Disney's top talent, and will be a great addition to Dreamworks. I for one wish he were still in the Hat building cranking out original stories and cartoons -- not another princess movie.

Why isn't Stitch Disney?
Have you ever seen a Mickey Mouse cartoon from the 1930's? Walt's Mickey Mouse? The kind were Mickey was a fun, mischief loving creature just like a little blue alien everyone seems to bash now, not the lame corporate soul less icon he is now. I pine for the days of 'Plane Crazy' and Steamboat Willie.'

I agree they have given him too much exposure and a crap attraction and dance party, but that's WDI and entertainments fault.

Eisner understood enough to save The Walt Disney Company's after Ron Miller helped run it into the ground. He may not have been the best in his last few years, but give the man his due.

He brought in the talent that give us the second golden age.

OK. Rant over.
Back to your regular scheduled Stitch-bashing.

Figment632

Two things that I bet will happen a new show will open, don't get your hopes up for a ride or a restaurant. The other thing you can on that it will still revolve around Stich.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom