Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

Captain Chaos

Stitch is not Disney in my book. It's like including bugs bunny in a Disney park. It just doesn't work. Now if they want to put him in Tiki, well for some reason I don't mind that. Go figure :p

Last I checked, Stitch was a Disney movie, therefore making him a Disney character... Not like he was made by WB and then put in the parks... Seriously jt, you are better than that :)

NewfieFan

Storage space? With all the stuff MK seems to be losing as far as attractions and stuff they tore down a perfectly good theater for storage space? IMO they should have kept it, and put the stitch craptacular show in there. That way when they realized how much of a fail it was, it wouldnt have been seen as so much of a failiure because they didnt spend months building a new theater for it.

But at least we have a new theater now for something else... who knows something good may become of this!?!

I haven't seen the show in person but I didn't like what I saw on video! But my kids (who are only 5 and 3 years old) were looking forward to seeing the "Stitch show"!

Everybody keeps taking about the sun and lack of shading being a problem but the castle stage show runs multiple times a day with no shade (none that I can think of anyway) and it's never had a problem drawing a crowd! If the the show is good I think people would brave the heat and sun to see it! IMO! :shrug:

Captain Chaos

Is there anyone who can tell us for sure if this is true??? I want this to be true... Please, make my year by telling me this is true...

Actually, it is June.. so, it is about time for this to go down for refurb to get it ready for Halloween... LOL...

SirGoofy

Score one for Team Quality! WOOHOO!

Bring in some WDI folks to help this show out. Seriously, another slight sign of hope coming out of Orlando.

RSoxNo1

I have no problems with the animated characters appearing in the parks. However Bob Iger pointedly declared that they would only base attractions off of franchises. The trend has been that after the release of a movie a small meet and greet would set up shop in Hollywood Studios, and if the movie and it's characters have been deemed a franchise than they would develop an attraction.

I've had this argument before, it seems that what Disney considers a franchise is relatively arbitrary. However I would agree with the popular opinion that Stitch [as a franchise] has been forced upon us. Disney tried to position Stitch as a member of the fab five after one box office movie. It should also be noted that domestically Lilo and Stitch made $273.1 million worldwide ($145.7 domestic, 127.3 overseas) which although that number isn't bad, I'm not sure that makes it a franchise. Compare it to other Disney animated movies like Mulan which made $304.3 million worldwide ($120.6 domestic, 183.7 overseas). Mulan had a parade that was short lived, and I believe Mushu was at one point part of the animation tour at DHS.

I'm sure there has to be some testing done on which characters they choose to push, but I think we all seem to be of the impression that Disney has a tendency to make their surveys say what they want.

SirGoofy

I have no problems with the animated characters appearing in the parks. However Bob Iger pointedly declared that they would only base attractions off of franchises. The trend has been that after the release of a movie a small meet and greet would set up shop in Hollywood Studios, and if the movie and it's characters have been deemed a franchise than they would develop an attraction.

I've had this argument before, it seems that what Disney considers a franchise is relatively arbitrary. However I would agree with the popular opinion that Stitch [as a franchise] has been forced upon us. Disney tried to position Stitch as a member of the fab five after one box office movie. It should also be noted that domestically Lilo and Stitch made $273.1 million worldwide ($145.7 domestic, 127.3 overseas) which although that number isn't bad, I'm not sure that makes it a franchise. Compare it to other Disney animated movies like Mulan which made $304.3 million worldwide ($120.6 domestic, 183.7 overseas). Mulan had a parade that was short lived, and I believe Mushu was at one point part of the animation tour at DHS.

I'm sure there has to be some testing done on which characters they choose to push, but I think we all seem to be of the impression that Disney has a tendency to make their surveys say what they want.

Note to Disney: Up has made almost 200 million dollars in 3 weeks. Make an Up ride for Adventureland. Thank you.

j_dp456

Need I remind everyone of the movies that were coming out of Disney Animation at the time?

Tarzan Yeah!
Fantasia 2000:sohappy:
Dinosaur:shrug:
The Emperor's New Groove:shrug:
Atlantis: The Lost Empire:shrug:
Lilo and Stitch:ROFLOL:
Treasure Planet:shrug:
Brother Bear:shrug:
Home on the Range:hurl:
Chicken Little :cry:
Meet the Robinsons:sohappy:

IMO very few of those movies between Tarzan and MTR were very good. Lilo and Stitch was probably the best. It had heart and fantastic animation. Chris Sanders also wanted the movie to use traditional water color backgrounds like Dumbo and the other older Disney films. So to say Stitch is not a Disney character may not be too accurate. Plus as far the over saturation of Stitch goes, look at what they had to choose from!

Animaniac93-98

Stitch is a "franchise" because of the number of products outside of the film featuring him such as the TV show, DTV sequel and now theme park attractions.

The quality of the collective whole of the franchise is debatable but it's still there unfortunately even if I wish Disney didn't continually to force itself to use franchises for everything (Gran Fiesta Tour is an example of a recent addition not using a franchise or even a remotely current movie).

SirGoofy

They will clone Soarin, theme it to UP... and no, I am not complaining... I think that would be pretty awesome!!!!

I wouldn't be too happy with that. I know I say it's dumb to be against not bringing a ride in because of it having the same system as another, but IMO, Soarin's system shouldn't be cloned within the same resort. It's so unique, that I think 2 would ruin it.

Captain Chaos

Need I remind everyone of the movies that were coming out of Disney Animation at the time?

Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
Dinosaur
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Lilo and Stitch
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
Home on the Range
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons

IMO very few of those movies between Tarzan and MTR were very good. Lilo and Stitch was probably the best. It had heart and fantastic animation. Chris Sanders also wanted the movie to use traditional water color backgrounds like Dumbo and the other older Disney films. So to say Stitch is not a Disney character may not be to accurate. Plus as far the over saturation of Stitch goes, look what they had to choose from.

Tarzan wasn't half bad... Fantasia 2000 is just a reboot of Fantasia.. Dinosaur was eh, just ok, nothing special, yet it has an attraction... The Emperor's New Groove is better than people think, very under appreciated movie... Atlantis was another one that is ok, not great but not unwatchable.. Lilo and Stitch was the best out of that group and one of my favorite animated Disney movies... Treasure Planet was eh, not bad but not horrible.. Brother Bear I thought was excellent, not sure about a park attarction though, a log flume in Canada would have been the best option probably... Home on the Range was not good in my opinion... Chicken Little was mediocre... Meet the Robinsons was not bad either...

None of them add up to classics for me, nor do they top any of the movies during the "Disney Decade" releases of Mulan, Little Mermaid, Lion King, etc...

Captain Chaos

I wouldn't be too happy with that. I know I say it's dumb to be against not bringing a ride in because of it having the same system as another, but IMO, Soarin's system shouldn't be cloned within the same resort. It's so unique, that I think 2 would ruin it.

You are right... But, remember, this management team is from Kamino... The planet of Cloners... :lookaroun

If a ride based on Up was to come to Adventureland, I hope they would have an original name for it and not just call it UP: THE BALLOON ADVENTURE

SirGoofy

You are right... But, remember, this management team is from Kamino... The planet of Cloners... :lookaroun

If a ride based on Up was to come to Adventureland, I hope they would have an original name for it and not just call it UP: THE BALLOON ADVENTURE

Oh, I know about the cloners. I just think Up fits so perfectly in Adventureland. I've never been a huge fan of the character invasion, but Up just fits so perfectly.

j_dp456

Tarzan wasn't half bad... Fantasia 2000 is just a reboot of Fantasia.. Dinosaur was eh, just ok, nothing special, yet it has an attraction... The Emperor's New Groove is better than people think, very under appreciated movie... Atlantis was another one that is ok, not great but not unwatchable.. Lilo and Stitch was the best out of that group and one of my favorite animated Disney movies... Treasure Planet was eh, not bad but not horrible.. Brother Bear I thought was excellent, not sure about a park attarction though, a log flume in Canada would have been the best option probably... Home on the Range was not good in my opinion... Chicken Little was mediocre... Meet the Robinsons was not bad either...

None of them add up to classics for me, nor do they top any of the movies during the "Disney Decade" releases of Mulan, Little Mermaid, Lion King, etc...

I actually like Emperors New Groove too! It was hilarious but i credit it with this new "edgy" Disney we have. Emperors New Groove was just really funny and that's it. There was no heart.

SirGoofy

I actually like Emperors New Groove too! It was hilarious but i credit it with this new "edgy" Disney we have. Emperors New Groove was just really funny and that's it. There was no heart.

I agree. Emperor's New Groove is to a classic Disney movie as a Dreamworks movie is to a Pixar movie.

I nominate you to head Imagineering..

:lol:

Eventually, I will be there. Eventually. :drevil:

Captain Chaos

I agree. Emperor's New Groove is to a classic Disney movie as a Dreamworks movie is to a Pixar movie.

:lol:

Eventually, I will be there. Eventually. :drevil:

Emperor's Groove is not close to a Disney classic.. But, it wasn't terrible... And can we get you there soon rather than later?? lol...

j_dp456

Fantasia 2000 is just a reboot of Fantasia..

Agreed, but this reminds of a time when the Disney Studios still wanted quality. Imagine if they were going to do Fantasia 2000 now. instead of classical music we would have Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and all the Disney Channel Stars. At least back then they thought about the art and not trying to sell stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom