Stitch walls down

hpyhnt 1000

Great, more worthless and ugly clutter in a theme park. Don't we have enough of this at Epcot? And MK has so many under utilized areas; honestly, they had to go and do this? :brick:We'll see, but my that thing is just plain ugly...

moreno

It's going to be used a an area where they store supplies for SM. Hopefully this theater is moved to that spot when the refurb ends. I am at least glad that the Imagineers are tying this in to the New Tomorrowland storyline.

This project actually wasnt done by WDI, but by Entertainment. Hopefully with the restructuring that went on last month, WDI will be better able to reign in stuff like this that was being done by other groups within the company.

Mr.EPCOT

2x, disney really knows how to make TERRIBLE MK decisions and spend WAY too much doing it. GPT would have given them somewhere to do the 'twas the night before christmas' i watch every year, and also it wouldn't have ruined the ambiance of TL when this crappy excuse for an addition epic fails.

I hope to god, whoever greenlit this over the other things (like referbs) they need to do, gets the axe....

.....what a joke

To be fair, if GPT is being used as a staging area for Space Mountain work (as someone said a few posts ago), I would much rather have that. IF Space Mountain comes out simply amazing at the end of the refurb, and not the bare minimum.

jt04

This project actually wasnt done by WDI, but by Entertainment. Hopefully with the restructuring that went on last month, WDI will be better able to reign in stuff like this that was being done by other groups within the company.

Can anyone else confirm that WDI was not involved in this project? If so that is scary.

To be fair, if GPT is being used as a staging area for Space Mountain work (as someone said a few posts ago), I would much rather have that. IF Space Mountain comes out simply amazing at the end of the refurb, and not the bare minimum.

I don't hate it it. I appreciate that at least they are trying to incorporate a backstory which TL definitely needs. A cohesive well thought out storeyline can cover a lot of other problems. Hopefully this is part of a long range plan that involves things like the removal of the skyway building and the eventual expansion onto the old GPT pad (E ticket). I'm optimistic about this if it also allows them to send Stitch (SGE) to AL someday soon.

WDWGoof07

I believe Galaxy Palace Theater is an employee parking lot for the time being. Though it is available for expansion in the long term future.

The stage looks fine, but they'll need to do something about those tacky ads. This whole concept is stupid though. Couldn't the money have been better spent?

DisneyDellsDude

Is there a video of all the "ads" out yet?
I'm interested how much "New Tomorrowland" is talked about.

But I just don't like the design of the stage. It's too square and looks as if it was just smacked in there. I would have rather had a fountain or some type of futuristic sculpture placed in the big open area.

And one last thing... Magic Kingdom's pathways look REALLY BAD. You can tell pieces were replaced at different times... How come they couldn't fix the concrete during this installation of the stages/buildings?

Is there a video of all the "ads" out yet?
I'm interested how much "New Tomorrowland" is talked about.

But I just don't like the design of the stage. It's too square and looks as if it was just smacked in there. I would have rather had a fountain or some type of futuristic sculpture placed in the big open area.

And one last thing... Magic Kingdom's pathways look REALLY BAD. You can tell pieces were replaced at different times... How come they couldn't fix the concrete during this installation of the stages/buildings?

Mousesteps has a great update with videos of the ads!

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=284&Itemid=65

Uncle Lupe

This thing looks horrible and just like the closed their eyes and just pointed to an empty space to build Stitchs' last stand, hopefully. :fork:

fngoofy

I don't remember this many people complaining about the High School Musical Pep Rally that used to be in this area. I think this fits the theme of Tomorrowland much better than HSM.

NewfieFan

I think we all need to take a deep breath... I think SGE has ruined us to appreciate any attraction/show that has Stitch in it!

I don't think the stage looks that bad... it could be a lot worse! I think it kind of even fits into Tomorrowland's theme (whatever theme that may be)!

Let's judge it after we've seen the show! You don't know, it could be a hit!?! And if it eats up some crowds, that's a good thing... isn't it!?!

marsrunner

I think this fits the theme of Tomorrowland much better than HSM.
I'd agree with this statement. Of course that's pretty faint praise. Much like saying I'd rather have oral surgery than lose my legs in a car accident.

It looks like crap, but I'm not sure what else could be expected when its so obviously just a stopgap distraction attraction so maybe people won't notice quite as much that SM and TTA are down.

Seriously, they should have just built a shaded area and set up another huge character meet-n-greet. At least that would be substantially less of an eyesore and potentionally less obnoxious.

wannab@dis

Of course, something new is about to open and all the haters come running. :brick:

Why not at least let it open before you bash it. I remember a lot of the same people in this thread bashing Midway Mania. How did that turn out for you?

Seems to me that it's themed well and the commercials look like some of the posters around TL.

SirGoofy

It could be a fine attraction, doesn't change the fact that the building is big and ugly.

And I'd like to see some posts of TSMM hating, just because I don't recall that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom