Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxys_Edge

A view of the AT-AT walkers as seen from the back of the room, looking forward!

atat-01.jpg
atat-02.jpg
atat-03.jpg

Jones14

Per a friend, the transport shuttle is down again today. It’s so frustrating that Ops finds it acceptable to present the experience with the middle portion entirely missing, especially after all the hassle guests go through to get on it.

doctornick

So, we got to ride three times last week and I avoided spoilers beforehand. Really enjoyed it. But subsequently watched ride throughs and realized we always got Kylo in B-mode at the end (in the spaceship). Never saw that AA of him. 😥 If we would have gotten it in a later ride, my kids would have probably thought it was variable like Star Tours.

disneygeek90

Per a friend, the transport shuttle is down again today. It’s so frustrating that Ops finds it acceptable to present the experience with the middle portion entirely missing, especially after all the hassle guests go through to get on it.
Still happening at 9pm this evening…

Dan Deesnee

Sometimes my wife and I feel like we're the only ones that aren't really that impressed with this attraction. For the motion simulator part at the beginning you really have to be in the right spot to get the full experience of what's going on in the front and back of the ship.

Once you load up and are on the main attraction the animatronics honestly don't seem that great. The part with Kylo Ren where he pushes you back and forth and then two giant fake looking pieces of spaceship slowly rotate down in front of him is just bad.

The room with the walkers is cool but you're only in it for about 3 seconds it seems.

The room with the gigantic guns firing out the window seems cool but after riding in it three times the guns literally just sit there on the left firing and you just roll right in front of them with nothing really happening except stuff on screens.

By far the best part for us is the end when you load into the drop pod thing and return to the planet surface.

We'd give it an 8/10 at best.

Disclaimer, all the times we've ridden it were last year and we feel the masks and distancing likely played a part in us not enjoying it as much as others. Additionally I'm convinced some stuff just simply wasn't working as intended but I have no idea how to judge whether or not the ride is fully operational.

Feel free to laugh emoji this post and throw virtual tomatoes at me!
*runs away arms flailing

999th Happy Haunt

Sometimes my wife and I feel like we're the only ones that aren't really that impressed with this attraction. For the motion simulator part at the beginning you really have to be in the right spot to get the full experience of what's going on in the front and back of the ship.

Once you load up and are on the main attraction the animatronics honestly don't seem that great. The part with Kylo Ren where he pushes you back and forth and then two giant fake looking pieces of spaceship slowly rotate down in front of him is just bad.

The room with the walkers is cool but you're only in it for about 3 seconds it seems.

The room with the gigantic guns firing out the window seems cool but after riding in it three times the guns literally just sit there on the left firing and you just roll right in front of them with nothing really happening except stuff on screens.

By far the best part for us is the end when you load into the drop pod thing and return to the planet surface.

Disclaimer, all the times we've ridden it were last year and we feel the masks and distancing likely played a part in us not enjoying it as much as others. Additionally I'm convinced some stuff just simply wasn't working as intended but I have no idea how to judge whether or not the ride is fully operational.

*runs away arms flailing
Tough crowd

Bleed0range

*runs away arms flailing

I think your disappointment may be because of your expectations. Even with all the things you said it’s still obviously one of the best rides they’ve ever made. There’s plenty of other rides with worse animatronics, less immersion, etc. You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but it’s objectively pretty well done.

Movielover

*runs away arms flailing
No, I will not laugh at you. This just means you have yet to be enlighten and open yourself up to the greatness that is Rise of the Resistance. You still have much to learn young Padawan!

disneygeek90

When this room is working as intended this is a very impressive scene. The guns should be moving in and out which gives you the sensation that your R5 is timing it's movements and dodging between the canons. Unfortunately, this has not been working for nearly the entirety of 2021.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom