Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Rich Brownn

I'd say that most grand openings at Disney parks open before they're truly ready, and ROTR is no exception. Remember Disneyland opened probably a month sooner than it really should have, and they got hammered for it.

It all worked out fine in the end, as will this. Reports from the ground seem to be that things aren't as bad as we here feared in terms of breakdowns. I'm not sure that most people here are interested in "giving them a pass" for opening the ride before it's able to perform flawlessly at full capacity... but what's the alternative? Just enjoy the process and put your expectations in context would be my advice.
You should have been at EPCOTs opening day. Oy vey! every ride broke down. Some never came back up. The set up a huge table just for refunding admissions.

BoarderPhreak

A few years.
Accurate. 😁 Seriously though, it might be a good while, considering the hype/reaction, holiday crowds and lack of FP.

Here's a shot from the front of the line (literally) this morning after just entering via Grand Ave. Don't think I posted it.

5A7E1009-57BE-4644-BD81-483F1C268B82.jpeg

Rich Brownn

Actually I think once they have a boarding group number they can leave the park or go on other rides. They just have to be back within 2 hours of their group being called. If I didn't want to do anything else at DHS I'd go ride the skyliner and hit the bars and restaurants along it.
Yup. I went to EPCOT. My boarding group had gone from "Afternoon" to "Evening" And then all of sudden (after the numbers changing slowly) the group numbers started changing quickly so I went back. Total time from me getting the VQ to entering the actual queue was 4 hours.

How early will guests be admitted to the park tomorrow? It seems they allowed guest access to Galaxy’s Edge & the boarding pass system around 6am today, right? I came in from LA today to experience the land & ride with the fam for my bday(!) but haven’t been able to figure out just how early we need to be there to secure a boarding group.

Mouse Trap

Pandora with FOP was stunning and game changing, but leveraged with an IP that wasn't as popular as HP. SWGE is great and extremely well themed but suffered from launch problems and a weak secondary attraction to ROTR. It also doesn't help that Disney's biggest obstacle is the propensity to cut back the scope of the land at the end of development. For example Pandora had planned another E-Ticket, SWGE had planned a C-Ticket that never came to fruition.

The sad story of GE is that, even with Rise, the land is only 65-70% of what was envisioned before Chapek started hacking away at it. Things I of heard/know that were cut; the 3rd ride, characters, droids, shows, the restaurant, a store, water features, Falcon's missions, droid bartender, and interactive queues.

People need to stop complaining and enjoy what we have, which is greatness with ROTR. These “Chapek cut _____ ______ and _____” statements are tired, trite and aren’t going to make these things come back. Time to move on boys.

ROTR is the most groundbreaking attraction possibly EVER and it’s time to enjoy.

rowrbazzle

Anyone can look up which boarding groups are being admitted on MDE. Currently groups 59-70. Which means if they got through 5800 people between 8 am and 3 pm (ride was down mostly before 8 right?) they are averaging ~825pph which isn't bad considering it has gone down a few times since then.

I don't see this on my app. The ride doesn't show up on the wait times list, but I can find it on the list of attractions. It just gives me basic height requirements and whatnot, though. I don't see anything about boarding groups (nor on the website). Any idea what I'm missing?

KevinPage

How early will guests be admitted to the park tomorrow? It seems they allowed guest access to Galaxy’s Edge & the boarding pass system around 6am today, right? I came in from LA today to experience the land & ride with the fam for my bday(!) but haven’t been able to figure out just how early we need to be there to secure a boarding group.

Good question. It’s almost an unwritten rule on opening day people will show up super early and Disney will let people in early to help alleviate crowds.

But I have no knowledge or wisdom on how days 2-whenever go. Do people still show up 2 hours early? Does Disney allow people in the park over 2 hours early than scheduled opening time (like today)?

I want to know as too as I’m considering going back for hopefully 2 more rides (yeah I’m greedy 🤩) but don’t want to show up at 6am and waste 1.5 hours of no Boarding Passes being available until 7:30am.

No CM will know and Disney will never tell or promise anything (understandably so), so it’s gonna be a “wing it and hope for the best scenario”.

Load up the phone with podcasts as a backup measure. LOL

Disneyhead'71

People need to stop complaining and enjoy what we have, which is greatness with ROTR. These “Chapek cut _____ ______ and _____” statements are tired, trite and aren’t going to make these things come back. Time to move on boys.

ROTR is the most groundbreaking attraction possibly EVER and it’s time to enjoy.
The stuff Chapek cut was supposed to be the icing on the cake.

Greedo

Do we know if we’ll ever get all the stuff Chapek cut? Like is anything actually stopping the sit down restaurant and walk around characters from happening? Or heck even the Bantha ride? Is it possible this stuff is being held off till like 2022 or 2023 to rebuild hype with the land?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Do we know if we’ll ever get all the stuff Chapek cut? Like is anything actually stopping the sit down restaurant and walk around characters from happening? Or heck even the Bantha ride? Is it possible this stuff is being held off till like 2022 or 2023 to rebuild hype with the land?

I think the restaurant is going to happen. I feel like someone on here confirmed this but I may be wrong.

Mouse Trap

It’s a discussion forum. People are allowed to say what they like within forum rules.

You’re right. That’s why I’m allowed to say people should/need to stop complaining. I’m not giving orders.

I have no problem with people stuck in the past of what we “should’ve got” I just suggest they move on.

KevinPage

When I arrived at 5:45 AM this morning there was no line to get into the parking lot or security or at the gate. and when I walked up grand Avenue there wasn’t that many people there either. I was semi shocked. This was waaaay too easy.

They didn’t start letting people loose until about 630 or so but the sign said SR was a 30 minute wait and then it jumped 20 and that ROTR was open. So I guess there’s a possibility that they opened the land earlier to a whole bunch of people who got their way before us?!?!?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom