Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

mikejs78

Premium Member
But given what @marni1971 and others have said about the reliability problems and rushed nature, the problems are not limited to opening day and will extend past it for at least a while.

This was an intentional decision to open a not ready ride.

And so was opening Disneyland too early. But what was the alternative? Let's say they decided no, they aren't ready and delayed a week or two. What happens to all those guests who booked trips based on the opening day of Rise? Are they just SOL? What's better for those guests? A ride that they may be able to ride but has downtime throughout the day, or a ride that they have zero chance to ride at all because it isn't open even though it was supposed to be.

I can see the argument either way. Once an opening day was determined and announced, it would be hard to change for that reason.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Glad you liked it. Which vehicle did you get? The 1 where AT-At shoots at you from behind or the one where the Storm Trooper notices you from the AT-AT from the side and shoots at you with a bazooka I think it is?

The left AT-AT where the Storm Troopers notice us and the guns come down. So cool! Noticed the animatronic Finn, which is easy to miss.

LSLS

And so was opening Disneyland too early. But what was the alternative? Let's say they decided no, they aren't ready and delayed a week or two. What happens to all those guests who booked trips based on the opening day of Rise? Are they just SOL? What's better for those guests? A ride that they may be able to ride but has downtime throughout the day, or a ride that they have zero chance to ride at all because it isn't open even though it was supposed to be.

I can see the argument either way. Once an opening day was determined and announced, it would be hard to change for that reason.

The problem with this argument is I believe the insiders here were saying from the time they announced the opening that it was too fast and would most likely not be ready.

Bender123

But......I thought Star Wars was dead you guys!? What happened?;)

Star Wars is definitely not dead, but there are plenty of old guard fans that are really turned off by what Star Wars has become with that one movie...Nothing to do with Rey, Daisy is a great actress, but her character has just been broken from the start.

There is some hope that Disney will figure out how to attract old fans, while also attracting new fans. This ride is a solid step, Mandalorian is another. The issue right now, for Star Wars, isn't with the Expanded Universe of the property, its the main line movies. TLJ really was a disaster and a bunch of old school Star Wars fans aren't really interested in RoS, but still remain loyal to the brand, overall. Im just hoping they just end the sequel trilogy efficiently and move on to something that doesn't have the Skywalkers, Emperors and Storm Troopers.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The problem with this argument is I believe the insiders here were saying from the time they announced the opening that it was too fast and would most likely not be ready.
Is that the case? I don't recall that being the case. IIRC the report of it maybe not being ready on time surfaced mid-October well after the date had been announced. The gist I got when the date was first announced was that it was aggressive but doable.

I could be wrong though. @marni1971 any thoughts on that? Was this date doomed from the start, or did they think it was doable?

LSLS

Is that the case? I don't recall that being the case. IIRC the report of it maybe not being ready on time surfaced mid-October well after the date had been announced.

You may be right. I thought they announced the opening dates much later than they did. Can't remember now.

monothingie

ā¤ļøBob4Evaā¤ļø
Premium Member

But opening day was an arbitrary date put out by Chapek or whomever to make sure they could capitalize on the holiday season in at least one park. It had no regards for the actual ability to reliably open/operate the attraction.

wdwgreek

God, I love these forums but somtimes the people on here are insufferable cynics. Every ride expierence some type of downtime on the first few days of operation, every attraction has long queues on the first day. Listen I criticize Disney a ton on here too, but it seems like some folks here just want to them fail. I think this attraction is a great dark ride, a star wars great movie ride. To the folks complaining about the new trilogy characters, we get it the collective nostalgia of the original films outweighs the fleeting cultural relevancy of the new films in your view. We knew for year what the attraction would be based on. I am very excited to ride this in either december or March.

jrhwdw

Another Streamer, Another full Ride!!! Now we're rolling!!!

Boarding Groups are done already?!?!? That was quick!!!

So, Boarding groups all weekend? Just today? Will
Hours get extended?

KevinPage

45A8D10F-28B0-4CAC-B2CB-8F7DB60A5414.jpeg

monothingie

ā¤ļøBob4Evaā¤ļø
Premium Member
Every ride expierence some type of downtime on the first few days of operation, every attraction has long queues on the first day

Correct, opening day almost never goes smoothly. But given the continued problems mentioned by insiders and actual downtime experienced by guests, there is no indication that the significant bugs will be worked out anytime soon. It's sort of like trying it build/fix a car while driving.

mikejs78

Premium Member
But opening day was an arbitrary date put out by Chapek or whomever to make sure they could capitalize on the holiday season in at least one park. It had no regards for the actual ability to reliably open/operate the attraction.
Are you sure about that? How do you know that wasn't the date given to Chapek by the team building the attraction?

Look anyone who has ever been involved in any kind of project knows that sometimes unexpected things happen. You can do your best to mitigate risk and account for the unforseen, but the unforseen is just that - unforseen. Back in July, December 4 may have seemed to be a comfortable date for all we know... But things happen sometimes that you can't anticipate.

I've.led.many software projects in my career. Most of them go according to plan. But not all do, because sometimes s*** happens that you just can't anticipate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom