Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

KevinPage

Question about checking into a boarding group. Family of 4, do we all have to be present to check in at the park or can one person from the group check everyone in? Thanks

Just like booking a fast pass, if you have permission in the app to book for other people they can join the boarding party with you as well. But the app knows if their checked into the park or not. so if their magic band was not scanned at the entrance, it will not allow you to book for them

mergatroid

Anyone know why Hagrid’s faces so much downtime? I can see why RotR has hiccups being how complex it is but Hagrid's doesn't seem like anything too crazy in that aspect. Is it cause of the track switches maybe?

Well according to somebody on here it was because it wasn't quality checked properly and somebody should be fired. However I do believe the poster trying to 'sell this' has zero experience in either designing or checking theme park attractions.

TTA94

I’m sure it’s been asked somewhere but what time do the boarding groups sign in open in the morning?

With the boarding groups how long is the wait time once you arrive?

SpectroMan93

I’ve had some time to think about it, and Galaxy’s Edge might be my favorite themed land anywhere. And this is coming from a major Harry Potter fan. The level of detail and the depth that they’ve created is astounding. I’ve spent a good hour just walking around and taking it in. And this is majorly in part due to Rise of the Resistance. Wow. I have never experienced such a complete and immersive attraction like that before. The First Order cast members are awesome. Everyone around me was grinning and giggling like crazy at how committed they were to their roles. And that ride is just non-stop action. I wish I could ride it again just to get a better look at everything happening around me. Disney has a hit, and Batuu is finally a complete land. I’m so glad today was my first time experiencing Galaxy’s Edge. I’m gonna go walk around the land one more time.

Jones14

Anyone know why Hagrid’s faces so much downtime? I can see why RotR has hiccups being how complex it is but Hagrid's doesn't seem like anything too crazy in that aspect. Is it cause of the track switches maybe?
Hagrid's has very little margin for holdups due to the sheer amount of elements that are basically on top of each other, so if you have a train stall at any of them for whatever reason, there are literally only seconds to hope that it sorts itself out before every train behind it has to be stopped. It's similar to Rise in the sense that there are a lot of different elements that aren't usually shoved together, so there are a lot of unconnected things that can go wrong (such as the backwards spike and the drop track) that can snowball into an E-stop, whereas if Hulk launches properly at the beginning, it's pretty much getting to the finish line without a problem.

On top of that, it had unexpected wear and tear issues shortly before the opening, at which point it was hit by a steady stream of hurricanes, and then right after that, a bee infestation. Finally, it faces the curse of outdoor rides in Florida, which is that things could potentially break in the morning, be fixed by the afternoon, and then the daily thunderstorm rolls in and you have to shut the doors again, which itself could trip a sensor or tear a tree down and cause a whole new delay.

Last edited:

TTA94

Are you referring to grabbing the booking group in the morning? Everyone must have scanned their magic bands at the park entrance.

So basically anyone, mostly locals, that want to “try” and ride, and only cares about going on the one attraction, has to take a chance and go ridiculously early to DHS, park, go IN to the park, go on MDE and likely go right back out the entrance because they couldn’t get a boarding pass? Sounds fun... lol 😂

ToTBellHop

So basically anyone, mostly locals, that wants to “try” and ride, and only cares about going on the one attraction, has to take a chance and go ridiculously early to DHS, park, go IN to the park, go on MDE and likely go right back out the entrance because they couldn’t get a boarding pass? Sounds fun... lol 😂
Option B is to show up ridiculously early, have it perhaps closed, come back later and get a 300 minute line. I think boarding groups are the fairest system for a ride with downtime.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I’m sure it’s been asked somewhere but what time do the boarding groups sign in open in the morning?

This morning it was as soon as you went through the turnstiles the button became available in the app.

This will probably vary depending on how many people they put in a boarding group and how fast they let new boarding groups arrive.

durangojim

The boarding groups begin once the park is open and you have to be in the park to join one. After you are in a boarding group your wait to get in line can be minutes to hours, and then once you get in line the time of the actual line of the ride can vary as well.

durangojim

So basically anyone, mostly locals, that want to “try” and ride, and only cares about going on the one attraction, has to take a chance and go ridiculously early to DHS, park, go IN to the park, go on MDE and likely go right back out the entrance because they couldn’t get a boarding pass? Sounds fun... lol 😂
Actually I think once they have a boarding group number they can leave the park or go on other rides. They just have to be back within 2 hours of their group being called. If I didn't want to do anything else at DHS I'd go ride the skyliner and hit the bars and restaurants along it.

CM.X777

Pandora with FOP was stunning and game changing, but leveraged with an IP that wasn't as popular as HP. SWGE is great and extremely well themed but suffered from launch problems and a weak secondary attraction to ROTR. It also doesn't help that Disney's biggest obstacle is the propensity to cut back the scope of the land at the end of development. For example Pandora had planned another E-Ticket, SWGE had planned a C-Ticket that never came to fruition.

The sad story of GE is that, even with Rise, the land is only 65-70% of what was envisioned before Chapek started hacking away at it. Things I of heard/know that were cut; the 3rd ride, characters, droids, shows, the restaurant, a store, water features, Falcon's missions, droid bartender, and interactive queues.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Is the boarding group thing only for a few days or will it be until they get it to a point where the ride works fine?

Don't think the boarding group thing is a matter of the ride working fine or not (it has been decent today). It is just a way to control the crowds. I imagine when the crowds are not nuts, they will stop using it. Not sure when that will be.

durangojim

Don't think the boarding group thing is a matter of the ride working fine or not (it has been decent today). It is just a way to control the crowds. I imagine when the crowds are not nuts, they will stop using it. Not sure when that will be.
I'm guessing after this weekend they won't use it again until Christmas week

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom