Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

ChrisFL

Premium Member
there's 2 threads on the general discussion forum that were just created regarding this, which should be merged into this one. Maybe a mod can do that?

winstongator

Good idea, especially with the talk about it not opening with the land.
With some of the things I've heard on shifting crews maybe Disney had two options: open Galaxy's Edge early with just the Millennium Falcon attraction, or open it towards the end of its Summer/Fall windows with both attractions. From a business POV, that's easy. Also, I'm as interested in just wandering Black Spire Outpost feeling like I'm on Batuu. I want some unsolicited CM interaction based on what they can pick up from my magic band, or Oga saying to me, 'we don't serve their kind here' to the droid in my backpack.

stretchsje

Well, this thread will inevitably discuss speculated opening dates. Here's the latest:
SWL in DL was supposed to be open this Summer. Until Summer passes, then RotR is not behind schedule.
It will be by the looks of it.
Big problems with it, or more a timing issue?
I wouldn’t say big. More a knock on effect of several things. Orlando’s version could be delayed more than i envisaged too.
On March 17th, Jim Hill was also reporting that an assumed August opening might be "optimistic" for RotR in Disneyland, that RotR's delay is two-fold: it's having issues due to the complex tasks required of the ride vehicles, and resources have been pulled to focus on a smooth opening of Smuggler's Run (and the rest of Galaxy's Edge) for their earlier opening date. He wasn't clear on how much of the delay would carry over to WDW's version.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, this thread will inevitably discuss speculated opening dates. Here's the latest:

On March 17th, Jim Hill was also reporting that an assumed August opening might be "optimistic" for RotR in Disneyland, that RotR's delay is two-fold: it's having issues due to the complex tasks required of the ride vehicles, and resources have been pulled to focus on a smooth opening of Smuggler's Run (and the rest of Galaxy's Edge) for their earlier opening date. He wasn't clear on how much of the delay would carry over to WDW's version.
I’d agree with Jim at the moment.

Orlandos will still open after Anaheim’s. As it stands.

RobotWolf

A DL Vlogger seemed convinced that the issue they're struggling with is the part of the ride where you return to the planet.

matt9112

A DL Vlogger seemed convinced that the issue they're struggling with is the part of the ride where you return to the planet.
the small drop section?

i persume with no factual evidence that the ride vehicle must enter what is essentially an elevator that the car "mates" to like in TOT but obviously not all intense and tall. theres likely alot of sensor typd stuff going on to make that happen smoothly.

Marc Davis Fan

I believe @marni1971 has indicated that the "drops" in the "final descent" will be similar to those on Flight of Passage. Which, to me, seems like "barely noticeable." So, I'm not too optimistic about that aspect, but I'm sure the other effects in the "final descent" segment will be fantastic.

matt9112

I believe @marni1971 has indicated that the "drops" in the "final descent" will be similar to those on Flight of Passage. Which, to me, seems like "barely noticeable." So, I'm not too optimistic about that aspect, but I'm sure the other effects in the "final descent" segment will be fantastic.

but its still technically an elevator of some sort unlike flight of passage? the car needs to go fro msecond floor back to first. my point is that the car needs to somehow connect to the shaft or what ever its called to get back down and theres some sync required im sure.

Marc Davis Fan

but its still technically an elevator of some sort unlike flight of passage? the car needs to go fro msecond floor back to first. my point is that the car needs to somehow connect to the shaft or what ever its called to get back down and theres some sync required im sure.

Oh, I wasn’t disagreeing with you. I was just using that discussion as a segue to bring up the question of how much of a “drop” experience there will actually be...

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, Martin referred to it as more of a "controlled decent" then an actual drop.

kurtk

There was a Jim Hill rumor that the hanger bay room was as large as the entire show building for PotC. That seems hard to believe. I tried checking this on Google maps but the satellite image hasn't been updated for GE yet. Can anyone confirm the size comparison is correct?

Surferboy567

There was a Jim Hill rumor that the hanger bay room was as large as the entire show building for PotC. That seems hard to believe. I tried checking this on Google maps but the satellite image hasn't been updated for GE yet. Can anyone confirm the size comparison is correct?

I remember when the reporters when into the hanger lots of them reported it was a very large room. Even on Jim’s Hill they got one of the reporters on and she described it as “Imagine Soarin boarding room with all the gliders removed and the screen behind you with no pit in the front of the room since the screen is in the back”

britain

I think you should think of Pirates as two show buildings. I think Jim is correct IF you are only counting the 2nd Pirate show building. Not the one that serves double duty as half of New Orleans Square.

kurtk

I remember when the reporters when into the hanger lots of them reported it was a very large room. Even on Jim’s Hill they got one of the reporters on and she described it as “Imagine Soarin boarding room with all the gliders removed and the screen behind you with no pit in the front of the room since the screen is in the back”
I remember that podcast too and it was great. Got me really excited to go. Remember her saying that too but a Soarin' room is not as big as the entire PotC building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom