Star Wars Land

topher

I'm thinking Star Wars land needs to extend into the parking lot too. If they expand toward LMA then we could potentially also lose the streets of America.
Is an expansion of a mega Star Wars land into the Echo lake area too close to the hub to manage potential crowd levels?

wdwfan4ver

I don't think the article should be trusted based on 2 things.

WDW1974 mentioned on May 25th about 3 possibilities of a major announcement for D23. That meant Carsland and Star wars land expansion happening in the time frame Theme Park Insider mentioned can't happen and DHS can't get both expansions as a result.

The other thing is TDO isn't likely to approve a DCA makeover with the amount of cash involved. The nature of the expansion The Theme Park Insider mentioned is something that I think that would cost way over a billion dollars since they mentioned Carsland, Star Wars land and another Pixar attraction besides Carsland.

Prock3

I don't see anyway possible that they remove The Muppets, HISTK, Pizza Planet, Mama Melrose's, etc. for SW land. That would also mean the removal of Streets Of America, and there's just no way. I think the author may be smoking some silly stuff.

While the author may not see the value in them, HISTK could easily be re-themed to Bug's Life and the Muppets are seeing their biggest resurgence in popularity in 30 years. It'd be insane to remove it now. The restaurants in that area are also entirely too lucrative to be going anywhere.

If SW gets the land it so desperately deserves, it'll go out into the parking lot.

The only other area I'd think it may expand would be around Echo Lake - taking over American Idol, Sounds Dangerous and Indy (although IMO, Indy needs to stay or be replaced by an Indy ride) but this would be more likely to be in addition to the expansion to the parking lot.
So what you're saying is that a majority of the available land they could use for expansions they shouldn't/ can't use, and whys that?

Why wouldn't they remove Streets of america? Its wasted space 10 months out of the year.

I see no reason for any of those things to stay. Yes the muppets are more relevant now but its still not very relevant, it doesn't even approach SW popularity which will grow massively in the next 10 years, no one will go there to see a 20 year old muppet show, people will go to see a new Star Wars/ Cars ride that takes its place, its as simple as that.

I hope Pizza planet gets taken out, it needs to be the real Pizza Planet, if not in pixar place then perhaps there is a globe shaped building somewhere on property, a building who's future is up in the air, maybe its in a high traffic location, yet still easily accessible so that it can serve as a big draw to a newly redeveloped area, if only a building existed…

Im not sure they would really be able to expand into the parking lot, it seems like studios already has parking problems, and if you add either Star Wars or Carsland they will get much worse, but if you add both it would be ridiculous. Making the lot smaller is not an option unless they want to build a parking deck which would drive the cost up.

wdwfan4ver

Im not sure they would really be able to expand into the parking lot, it seems like studios already has parking problems, and if you add either Star Wars or Carsland they will get much worse, but if you add both it would be ridiculous. Making the lot smaller is not an option unless they want to build a parking deck which would drive the cost up.
Parking wouldn't be a problem because there is a solution for the space lost if an expansion happens in the DHS Parking lot. The solution is creating parking structures.

Prock3

Parking wouldn't be a problem because there is a solution for the space lost if an expansion happens in the DHS Parking lot. The solution is creating parking structures.
I agree and I mentioned that, the problem is that will drive the cost further up, meaning less money goes to new attractions. Expanding into the parking lot would also require removal/ repositioning of backstage buildings, some of which I believe are for Indy.

And if you build the two lands back to back you could use some of the rock work for ornamental valley as rock work for tatooine, saving a little bit in costs and perhaps offering better theming

BiffyClyro

Ooohh sounds promising! I like the idea of a Cars land, but does anyone else think it's a bit of an odd choice? It just seems like it could be something that would date really quickly...

Magic Lamp

I'm curious how they'll manage to rearrange the layout with all those lands side by side - the back of the park is very square with all those lots. I do however see some artistic connection between Cars Land's backdrop and Tatooine from Star Wars. That might work.

doctornick

I loathe the concept of subtracting something to add something

Agreed. DHS is probably the worse park in terms of space and in terms of being "boxed in" but there is some expansion space that can be added and backstage/parking can be creatively moved. What is the benefit of having ample land in WDW if attractions are constantly replaced instead of new land being added.

sublimesting

Whats missing is the fact DCA needed help badly. Targets weren't just missed, they were impossible. DHS is acknowledged in needing help but it is still bringing people in.
So, what do you think of the accuracy of this article? It sounds like it would be a VERY formidible park if true and done well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom