Star Wars Land

puntagordabob

So moving it would cure all that ails DHS (or really, DMGMS) fans? I can't even remember the view without it.

Why NO it would not...... but moving the hat out of the way of the lovely Chinese Theatre behind it would be an outstanding step in the right direction.

Any question that this view is much preferable to the Hat is likely not in dispute for a mass majority of park goers...
71112-800.jpg

WDWDad13

it'll never look like that again even if they remove the hat... there will be a stage every so often... characters and people everywhere, lights won't have that affect during the day, etc. etc.

I actually like the hat and it looks good in our family photos as well as a backdrop - the Chinese theater doesn't say Disney to me, although that's an awesome photo of it btw

juniorthomas

Why NO it would not...... but moving the hat out of the way of the lovely Chinese Theatre behind it would be an outstanding step in the right direction.

Any question that this view is much preferable to the Hat is likely not in dispute for a mass majority of park goers...
71112-800.jpg

Honestly, how often do you hear people talking about going to see the Chinese Theatre? I'm just saying this was an issue so long ago that it has since moved on to the "we're simply coping with it" stage. By now people (mostly) have forgotten the drama.

EOD K9

Newsflash: Star Wars Land is going to be based on Episodes 1-3 and be comprised of almost entirely green screens, CGI will be added later at great expense and sent to you 6-8 weeks later in a special edition DVD making it look like you're in the Star Wars universe
Will these screens be value engineered with plywood?

Sped2424

I'm so tired of the chinese theater not being disney argument :/, what says disney about the matterhorn? The theme of the park is hollywood, therefore it would make sense if the shining center of that place were one of the most iconic hollywood locations the chinese theater. Since dhs is supposed to get a makeover how would you guys feel about a revamped entrance to the park? much like they did over at DCA

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
it'll never look like that again even if they remove the hat... there will be a stage every so often... characters and people everywhere, lights won't have that affect during the day, etc. etc.

I actually like the hat and it looks good in our family photos as well as a backdrop - the Chinese theater doesn't say Disney to me, although that's an awesome photo of it btw

Love the Chinese theater. Hate the hat...at least where it is. Put the hat outside the gates, and do the security check underneath it, and I'll be happy.

bhg469

I'm so tired of the chinese theater not being disney argument :/, what says disney about the matterhorn? The theme of the park is hollywood, therefore it would make sense if the shining center of that place were one of the most iconic hollywood locations the chinese theater. Since dhs is supposed to get a makeover how would you guys feel about a revamped entrance to the park? much like they did over at DCA

Only in front of this theater, the characters are actually Disney characters and not a spiderman that smells like medicinal marijuana.

Genie of the Lamp

Couple sites (like wdwsource) posted about cast members were asking select guests at MK (on main street as you head toward park exit)to take a Star Wars survey based on their interest of the idea for a Star Wars themed land being built somewhere at WDW in the future.
My guess is its probably similar to the ones they distributed a few months ago in DL.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Couple sites (like wdwsource) posted about cast members were asking select guests at MK (on main street as you head toward park exit)to take a Star Wars survey based on their interest of the idea for a Star Wars themed land being built somewhere at WDW in the future.
My guess is its probably similar to the ones they distributed a few months ago in DL.

If they are just doing suverys I would take this to mean that an actual Star Wars land is a long way off.

twebber55

Are surveys actually needed for Star Wars? It's Star Wars you build it they will come.
i agree ,however, how do you build the new land..do you base it off of the old star wars (ep 4-6), the prequels, or the new releases coming out

Personally i wouldnt build a star wars land until after 2017 or so when the new movies are fresh in our mind

doctornick

They were doing WDW surveys the same time as they did them at DLR a few months ago. So, this would be additional WDW surveys on the topic.

lebeau

Every time someone brings up the Star Wars surveys as some kind of evidence of something, I am reminded of the survey for Universal I took asking if I would prefer a stage show based on Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds, American Graffiti or a handful of other very old comedies. The survey was very in depth. Took about 20 minutes. Those shows sure turned out great, didn't they?

Not saying Star Wars won't happen because it probably will eventually. But surveys are relatively cheap. They are a pretty good indication something is being considered but not evidence of anything more than that.

bhg469

Every time someone brings up the Star Wars surveys as some kind of evidence of something, I am reminded of the survey for Universal I took asking if I would prefer a stage show based on Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds, American Graffiti or a handful of other very old comedies. The survey was very in depth. Took about 20 minutes. Those shows sure turned out great, didn't they?

Not saying Star Wars won't happen because it probably will eventually. But surveys are relatively cheap. They are a pretty good indication something is being considered but not evidence of anything more than that.

But my argument is that this is something that should not even be surveyed.

Maybe they could debate details like would you prefer a retched hive of sum and villainy or a palace of excess with haan on the wall?

I'm very disappointed in Disney if there is nothing set aside and well into the planning stages already.

lebeau

But my argument is that this is something that should not even be surveyed.

Maybe they could debate details like would you prefer a retched hive of sum and villainy or a palace of excess with haan on the wall?

I'm very disappointed in Disney if there is nothing set aside and well into the planning stages already.

Maybe.

If they add a bigger Star Wars presence to the parks (I think they will but for now that remains in question) it may or may not be popular (unless they botch the execution, I think it would be).

However, I find that Star Wars fans (I have counted myself among them since 1977) greatly over-estimate the popularity of Star Wars. Yes, it has a very large and devoted fan base. But that fan base has been served very well over the decades. It's not like the very large Harry Potter fan base which was starving for more Potter for several years before being served up a banquet at Universal.

A lot of Star Wars fans have gone from die hards into casual fans. Just because Disney builds Star Wars, that doesn't guarantee people will come. And also, there is a large population that equates Star Wars and Star Trek. These people avoid all things sci fi like the plague.

Those surveys may be the difference between getting a Star Wars presence that draws in crowds and one that just attracts the faithful. Probably not. Surveys are usually used to get the answers someone wants to hear either to gain support for an idea or to kill it. (There's a thought. Maybe these surveys exist to prevent Star Wars land from happening!). But maybe Disney will get some helpful info that will result in a better end product.

Basically, Star Wars/Disney fans need to calm down.

twebber55

Maybe.

If they add a bigger Star Wars presence to the parks (I think they will but for now that remains in question) it may or may not be popular (unless they botch the execution, I think it would be).

However, I find that Star Wars fans (I have counted myself among them since 1977) greatly over-estimate the popularity of Star Wars. Yes, it has a very large and devoted fan base. But that fan base has been served very well over the decades. It's not like the very large Harry Potter fan base which was starving for more Potter for several years before being served up a banquet at Universal.

A lot of Star Wars fans have gone from die hards into casual fans. Just because Disney builds Star Wars, that doesn't guarantee people will come. And also, there is a large population that equates Star Wars and Star Trek. These people avoid all things sci fi like the plague.

Those surveys may be the difference between getting a Star Wars presence that draws in crowds and one that just attracts the faithful. Probably not. Surveys are usually used to get the answers someone wants to hear either to gain support for an idea or to kill it. (There's a thought. Maybe these surveys exist to prevent Star Wars land from happening!). But maybe Disney will get some helpful info that will result in a better end product.

Basically, Star Wars/Disney fans need to calm down.

couldnt agree more...like star wars but it has a nice presence already in the parks with an E ticket and star wars weekends and im sure they will add soon..we dont need a 5th gate to star wars or a boutique park...to me the best thing to so would be to wait until 2017 or so and then expand

FrankLapidus

i agree ,however, how do you build the new land..do you base it off of the old star wars (ep 4-6), the prequels, or the new releases coming out

Personally i wouldnt build a star wars land until after 2017 or so when the new movies are fresh in our mind

Does it have to be one or the other? They could combine the most memorable elements of all six films into one land; If they were to make Tatooine a part of a potential Star Wars Land they could include the iconic Cantina from the original films and base an attraction on the Podrace sequence from the prequels. The majority of the more memorable Star Wars moments probably come from the original trilogy but there are parts of the sequels that could translate just as well into a theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom