Star Wars Land

NoChesterHester

I loathe the concept of subtracting something to add something ... remember Walt once said that thing about Disney World having the benefit of land/size ... pack these parks up with attractions, I mean it seems to work ok in Disneyland!

Definitely. DHS is in need of more to do, they can't exactly afford to subtract attractions. Besides, the Muppet franchise may nt be huge, but it has a pulse.

Sue_Vongello

Definitely. DHS is in need of more to do, they can't exactly afford to subtract attractions. Besides, the Muppet franchise may nt be huge, but it has a pulse.

I grew up with the Muppets but yes I realize I'm old and old stuff isn't super relevant, even with the latest Muppet films ... I don't want to see any attraction leave to make way for another yet alone one dear to my heart.

Yankee Mouse

I can't see them getting rid of the streets of america unless they found somewhere to move the osborne lights, that is a very big draw and I don't think there is anywhere else in WDW they could move them to. As much as I love the idea of a star wars land I hope it isn't at the expensive of other things like the muppets or even the streets of america because the osborne lights are amazing. When I read stories like this and see rides being removed to be replaced with other things, snow white for example, I think back to that video of walt where he talked about the florida project and how there was enough land to hold all the ideas they could imagine. (paraphrasing)

Time to start taking advantage of all that land for something else besides hotels/dvc.

NoChesterHester

found this, but i dont know its merit, can anyone confirm? sorry if its been posted already..

http://www.theforce.net/story/front...ead_With_Star_Wars_Land_In_Florida_152578.asp

They really are just quoting the same Niles piece, which Articos and Martin confirmed as inaccurate. The last part sound about right however - Placemaking + Meet and Greets + Cantina. Sound more plausible. Unfortunately.

TheForce.Net is a good site. Rebel Force Radio is reporting something similar. I haven't had a chance to listen to their episode yet, but RFR's sources are very high up at Lucasfilm and would likely know what is going on.

DocMcHulk

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201306/3524/

I'm just putting this here. Watch it for me, will ya?

it appears that the expansion would take out the area between Star Tours and the auto stunt show stadium, including the Muppet theater and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area.
NOOOOO!!!!!
Luke-No-Supercut-Star-Wars.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I hope Pizza planet gets taken out, it needs to be the real Pizza Planet, if not in pixar place then perhaps there is a globe shaped building somewhere on property, a building who's future is up in the air, maybe its in a high traffic location, yet still easily accessible so that it can serve as a big draw to a newly redeveloped area, if only a building existed…

Great idea! I would love to see this but Planet Hollywood seems to be sticking around.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
My inner-geeks are having a major battle right now over these rumors and their rumored implementation.
The inner-muppet-geek is having a slap fight with my inner-star-wars-geek. Right now, star-wars-geek is winning, but as I look up at the muppet paintings over my desk, muppet-geek is starting to mount a comeback.

Thankfully, this rumor will turn out to be nothing, and we might get the announcement of a Jar Jar Binks Meet and Greet being added in front of a newly updated Sounds Dangerous ("Sounds Dangerous with Ryan Seacrest!"). That way my inner-geeks can join together in mutual sobs of disappointment.

38053WDW

This is just the beginning... I'm telling you, we'll have 5 more Marvel, Avatar, monorail expansion, Star Wars Land, 5th gate threads before the end of the summer... kids and their computers... get outside and play in the nice weather instead of sitting behind a computer screen!!!!!
Please oh please we need a monirail expansion first !

PeterAlt

My inner-geeks are having a major battle right now over these rumors and their rumored implementation.
The inner-muppet-geek is having a slap fight with my inner-star-wars-geek. Right now, star-wars-geek is winning, but as I look up at the muppet paintings over my desk, muppet-geek is starting to mount a comeback.

Thankfully, this rumor will turn out to be nothing, and we might get the announcement of a Jar Jar Binks Meet and Greet being added in front of a newly updated Sounds Dangerous ("Sounds Dangerous with Ryan Seacrest!"). That way my inner-geeks can join together in mutual sobs of disappointment.
If that's true, the ghost of Jim Henson will forever haunt the studios (in a friendly way). Henson's spiritual presence is at the studios much like Walt Disney's spiritual presence is felt at Pirates if the Caribbean at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom