Star Wars Land

twebber55

Does it have to be one or the other? They could combine the most memorable elements of all six films into one land; If they were to make Tatooine a part of a potential Star Wars Land they could include the iconic Cantina from the original films and base an attraction on the Podrace sequence from the sequels. The majority of the more memorable Star Wars moments probably come from the original trilogy but there are parts of the sequels that could translate just as well into a theme park.
well if you re promoting the new movies and building rides to old movies you lose some connection..not saying youre wrong and im sure it will be great

lebeau

Does it have to be one or the other? They could combine the most memorable elements of all six films into one land; If they were to make Tatooine a part of a potential Star Wars Land they could include the iconic Cantina from the original films and base an attraction on the Podrace sequence from the sequels. The majority of the more memorable Star Wars moments probably come from the original trilogy but there are parts of the sequels that could translate just as well into a theme park.

You lost me at podracing. No podracing please.

lebeau

well if you re promoting the new movies and building rides to old movies you lose some connection..not saying youre wrong and im sure it will be great

Exactly.

Disney can build a generic Star Wars around robots who don't age and side characters. Like the oroginal Star Tours and to a lesser extent, the remake. But if you include Darth Vader you are excluding characters and events from the new movies. That's just one example.

Let's say the new movies are a huge hit. You don't think Disney would be kicking themselves for building an entire land based around the movies from when I was a kid? There's a pretty big incentive to wait and see how things play out.

FrankLapidus

You lost me at podracing. No podracing please.

I'm not a huge fan of the prequels but a sequence like that could lend itself very well to a theme park attraction. The films as a whole were not up to much but there are at least parts of them that were good (not a lot but a couple) and elements that could be put into a potential Star Wars Land.

lebeau

I'm not a huge fan of the prequels but a sequence like that could lend itself very well to a theme park attraction. The films as a whole were not up to much but there are at least parts of them that were good (not a lot but a couple) and elements that could be put into a potential Star Wars Land.

The problem is that sequence was designed to be a theme park attraction and a video game and a bunch of toys. And it shows. I get through life pretending the prequels never happened. Please Disney, don't build anything that makes that harder for me to do.

;)

I see what you are saying. But I'd rather have a Howard the Duck dark ride than anything related to pod racing. Mmmmmm. 80's Lea Thompson. Sorry, lost my focus for a minute.

FrankLapidus

Exactly.

Disney can build a generic Star Wars around robots who don't age and side characters. Like the oroginal Star Tours and to a lesser extent, the remake. But if you include Darth Vader you are excluding characters and events from the new movies. That's just one example.

Something like Mos Eisley, which seems to get brought up a lot when people talk about what they'd like to see in a Star Wars land, wouldn't be generic or tied to one particular film in the saga. I agree Disney should avoid tying any land to closely to the old films at the expense of the upcoming ones but the land doesn't have to be exclusive to any one film or trilogy. They could conceivably build something now and leave room to expand that would be based on elements of Episode 7 and the films that follow, I know Disney don't really have a great record when it comes to building second phases of lands they open but it's not out of the realm of the possibility

FrankLapidus

The problem is that sequence was designed to be a theme park attraction and a video game and a bunch of toys. And it shows. I get through life pretending the prequels never happened. Please Disney, don't build anything that makes that harder for me to do.

;)

I see what you are saying. But I'd rather have a Howard the Duck dark ride than anything related to pod racing. Mmmmmm. 80's Lea Thompson. Sorry, lost my focus for a minute.

I see where you're coming from, you hate it for the reasons I think it would be a good idea :p. I wouldn't be sorry if there were no elements of the prequels included in a potential Star Wars Land, there's plenty from the original, better trilogy that could be just as good, perhaps better than the Podrace or the other couple of sequences that I enjoyed in the prequels.

I've never seen Howard the Duck so I can't comment on that.

lebeau

I see where you're coming from, you hate it for the reasons I think it would be a good idea :p. I wouldn't be sorry if there were no elements of the prequels included in a potential Star Wars Land, there's plenty from the original, better trilogy that could be just as good, perhaps better than the Podrace or the other couple of sequences that I enjoyed in the prequels.

I've never seen Howard the Duck so I can't comment on that.

Honestly, if they build Star Wars I will come. But if they botch it, I will check it out once. If they do it right, I'll come back again and again.

Do yourself a favor and never, ever watch Howard the Duck. At least not sober. Even Marty McFly's mom can't save it.

lebeau

This is The Walt Disney Company. They need surveys to tell them that people like cold drinks when it is hot out (unless they have decided the survey is to show otherwise).

By popular demand, we have added hot cider stands in what used to be Pleasure Island. Opens July 4.

jt04

Makes sense if the Carsland does not include a clone of RSR. Because money going into RSR won't be going to Star Wars Land. I'd much prefer a more modest Carsland with the emphasis on Star Wars adds. Because Star Wars can and should be the answer to Potter.

Somewhere a bag is missing its cat.

Hopefully.

Unplugged

Not the first time we've heard such rumors. In fact I believe it was here (it's always here) that these discussions first arose.

I find that article interesting as what is being proposed would definitely be at the $1B mark. However, others that have also hinted at a "DCA" style make over, never discuss the biggest point of the makeover. That is, not a land addition, but a re-theming of a majority of the park to bring a more cohesive feel to the core. A lot went into DCA, well beyond adding a land. Every time someone mentions a DHS redo, it's branded as "DCA-styled makeover", but no one ever talks beyond a land expansion/new land. MK did FLE and that is not a "DCA-styled makeover", simply a land expansion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to see such work happen as it would bring the park back to full day status for many. But this suggestion seems too big to be leaked in such a half hearted way as it really didn't seem to be "in the know" but more of a guess.

twebber55

Not the first time we've heard such rumors. In fact I believe it was here (it's always here) that these discussions first arose.

I find that article interesting as what is being proposed would definitely be at the $1B mark. However, others that have also hinted at a "DCA" style make over, never discuss the biggest point of the makeover. That is, not a land addition, but a re-theming of a majority of the park to bring a more cohesive feel to the core. A lot went into DCA, well beyond adding a land. Every time someone mentions a DHS redo, it's branded as "DCA-styled makeover", but no one ever talks beyond a land expansion/new land. MK did FLE and that is not a "DCA-styled makeover", simply a land expansion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to see such work happen as it would bring the park back to full day status for many. But this suggestion seems too big to be leaked in such a half hearted way as it really didn't seem to be "in the know" but more of a guess.
i would call robert niles more of a in the know guy..although it does seem to good to be true

Atomicmickey

Makes sense if the Carsland does not include a clone of RSR. Because money going into RSR won't be going to Star Wars Land. I'd much prefer a more modest Carsland with the emphasis on Star Wars adds. Because Star Wars can and should be the answer to Potter.

Hopefully.

I think a more modest Cars Land makes sense only in that it would allow them to stock all of that so-important merchandise for Cars.

And if this is to be believed (and why should we give it any more credence than all the other various Skittles combinations we ruminate about here), then the logical extension is that an RSR-budgeted E-ticket Star Wars attraction--with attendant environment (I'm looking at you, pod race rock carver type peoples) could be in the offing.

Irresponsible unfounded whimsy on my part, though. Not the droid you're looking for.

Ignohippo

I don't see anyway possible that they remove The Muppets, HISTK, Pizza Planet, Mama Melrose's, etc. for SW land. That would also mean the removal of Streets Of America, and there's just no way. I think the author may be smoking some silly stuff.

While the author may not see the value in them, HISTK could easily be re-themed to Bug's Life and the Muppets are seeing their biggest resurgence in popularity in 30 years. It'd be insane to remove it now. The restaurants in that area are also entirely too lucrative to be going anywhere.

If SW gets the land it so desperately deserves, it'll go out into the parking lot.

The only other area I'd think it may expand would be around Echo Lake - taking over American Idol, Sounds Dangerous and Indy (although IMO, Indy needs to stay or be replaced by an Indy ride) but this would be more likely to be in addition to the expansion to the parking lot.

PhotoDave219

Hopefully.

Holy crap JT, we agree on something again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom