Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

G00fyDad

So you're expecting a fair amount of Streets of America to stay?

I think he drew that because that is as far as his information goes at this point. For now there are no concrete plans on exactly what is going to happen with SoA. However, it would be silly of TDO to take out half and leave half. That area will likely be used for part of the phase 3 plans. He just drew it to give you a good idea of the placement for SWL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So you're expecting a fair amount of Streets of America to stay?

I think he drew that because that is as far as his information goes at this point. For now there are no concrete plans on exactly what is going to happen with SoA. However, it would be silly of TDO to take out half and leave half. That area will likely be used for part of the phase 3 plans. He just drew it to give you a good idea of the placement for SWL.

Well we did see them surveying SOA a few months ago so it would seem they have plans in place to do something with it.

Right now I expect the north east portion of facades to remain. That's the block from Writers Stop and around then corner to the crossroad area. It may look slightly different though. The streetscape itself will be different.

olie64

Right now I expect the north east portion of facades to remain. That's the block from Writers Stop and around then corner to the crossroad area. It may look slightly different though. The streetscape itself will be different.

Are they going to use that for the street vendor looking area from the concept art?

JohnWD

Here are a couple of shots from Disneyland I took today - June 29 - as a comparison.
IMG_3576.png
IMG_3577.png
IMG_3579 (1).png
IMG_3584 (1).png

roj2323

Ok now that I'm on the desktop I can go into some detail here. The reddish orange machine is a concrete breaker. It has a beaker that looks like a giant lobster claw on the end of the boom to break up concrete so the rubble can be used as fill and so the rebar can be recycled. The two yellow dump trucks look to be Volvo a40f's (400+K each) which can haul an incredible amount of material. 24-31 cubic yards at a time to be more specific. The crane is well a crane. From watching past disney projects this will likely be used to drive pilings into the ground and if I remember correctly disney just filed the permits to get started on footings for Toy story land so that's likely what it's there for.

As for the LMA bleachers it doesn't look like they have been touched yet but I'm sure that's coming sometime soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ok now that I'm on the desktop I can go into some detail here. The reddish orange machine is a concrete breaker. It has a beaker that looks like a giant lobster claw on the end of the boom to break up concrete so the rubble can be used as fill and so the rebar can be recycled. The two yellow dump trucks look to be Volvo a40f's (400+K each) which can haul an incredible amount of material. 24-31 cubic yards at a time to be more specific. The crane is well a crane. From watching past disney projects this will likely be used to drive pilings into the ground and if I remember correctly disney just filed the permits to get started on footings for Toy story land so that's likely what it's there for.

As for the LMA bleachers it doesn't look like they have been touched yet but I'm sure that's coming sometime soon.

If they are taking the bleacher down with a construction sheer like they did Cat Canyon, I assume they would work from the front side since they would have to take the overhang down first. It's also possible they are going to use the crane to take down the overhang.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom