Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Slowjack

Yeah I've read them and I seriously doubt it happens. If people think Disney will re-theme an attraction for no other reason than it doesn't fit in an area anymore, I'll start laughing. They butcher themes all the time.

Somebody tag me in this post in 2021 if they actually retheme Star Tours. I'll apologize then. haha
Yeah, but I'm not sure anyone thinks Disney would retheme Star Tours just because it might stick out at that point. The reason a retheme seems possible is because it would allow Disney to create a "new" attraction rather cheaply, probably introducing a new IP to the park to boot.

Mike S

Here's my take on the Star Tours retheme. With all the evidence we have for Disney's recent lack of care for proper theming why do we think they'll change Star Tours just because it's outside SWL? Will Buzz get a retheme after TSL? Right now I just doubt they care about this. It seems like a plan they just won't go through with and view it as easier to just keep it and keep updating after each movie.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Here's my take on the Star Tours retheme. With all the evidence we have for Disney's recent lack of care for proper theming why do we think they'll change Star Tours just because it's outside SWL? Will Buzz get a retheme after TSL? Right now I just doubt they care about this. It seems like a plan they just won't go through with and view it as easier to just keep it and keep updating after each movie.
exactly. they'll just hype up the "Star Tours" aspect that it's a company that does tours that "Takes you" to star wars land" and brings you back.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
OK, since we haven't even got SWL yet, the speculation of when "part II", which hasn't even been placed in discussion yet, would be competed just seemed like too impossible to even be thinking about..
It's being thought about.

Nothing will begin to happen until after the 50th though. Until then Star Tours will get an additional destination for each new episode.

SCOTLORR

It's being thought about.

Nothing will begin to happen until after the 50th though. Until then Star Tours will get an additional destination for each new episode.
If you can answer, where is the phase 3 e-ticket planned to be located? Echo Lake near the IJESS or Animation Courtyard? I understand if you are unable to answer. Thanks.

Captain Neo

Is this something that you know is happening or are you just speculating based on the fact that they previously added a new destination for star tours for Force Awakens?

Captain Neo

Not speculation.

Well thats good to hear as Star Tours has always been one of my favorite attractions and one of the very few where video screens make sense.

Do you then think that the rumor about Disneyland removing Star Tours after Star Wars Land opens is false then? There was also a rumor they would move it from TL to SWL which would be cool but I just don't see the company spending the money to do it.

SirLink

Well thats good to hear as Star Tours has always been one of my favorite attractions and one of the very few where video screens make sense.

Do you then think that the rumor about Disneyland removing Star Tours after Star Wars Land opens is false then? There was also a rumor they would move it from TL to SWL which would be cool but I just don't see the company spending the money to do it.

Martin is correct at the timescale after that who knows they have been kicking the tyres on a couple of different IPs to replace it in the States, but that is probably going to happen in around 7-8 years time.

Fox&Hound

Yes. And people need to keep in mind, any Star Wars expansion is unlikely to open before ~2025. A restaurant opening in 2016 could certainly get rethemed 9 years later.
That's what I was trying to say :) I don't think there is anything too spectacular about this retheme that they won't consider changing it down the road if the need suits them.

Last edited:

Thanks phoenicians

There already thinking about a phase 2 for SWL? I guess that would make sense kind of how Potter, Uni's most popular section, has two phases. Plus DHS could still use more attractions even after this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom