Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Princess Leia

I really hope they don't close Star Tours. I know it's an awkward spot, with Muppet Courtyard right inbetween the two Star Wars themed areas, but I'd like to be able to ride the updated version at least once before they do. Maybe they could somehow move it over to Star Wars Land? Wishful thinking, I know.

That area might actually be decent for an Indiana Jones ride. You could take the tech from Roaring Rapids/Kali and move it to HS (only park without a boat/water ride). Idk what'd they use for a monster (maybe snakes, having a cave full of AA Nazis might not be the best thing), but it'd be cool to have something like that at the park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really hope they don't close Star Tours. I know it's an awkward spot, with Muppet Courtyard right inbetween the two Star Wars themed areas, but I'd like to be able to ride the updated version at least once before they do. Maybe they could somehow move it over to Star Wars Land? Wishful thinking, I know.

That area might actually be decent for an Indiana Jones ride. You could take the tech from Roaring Rapids/Kali and move it to HS (only park without a boat/water ride). Idk what'd they use for a monster (maybe snakes, having a cave full of AA Nazis might not be the best thing), but it'd be cool to have something like that at the park.

If they are going to close it I don't see them doing it until SWL opens, so you will have a few years to get in the last ride.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Star Tours at Disneyland is much further away. It's not going to close just because it isn't connected. If they are that concerned, they'll just close Muppet Courtyard and retheme it.

Princess Leia

Star Tours at Disneyland is much further away. It's not going to close just because it isn't connected. If they are that concerned, they'll just close Muppet Courtyard and retheme it.
If they're busy turning Pizza Planet into a Muppets restaurant at HS, I doubt they'll close Muppet Courtyard for a long time.

I have no clue about Disneyland though, since I've never been and don't keep as up to date as to what's going on there.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
If they're busy turning Pizza Planet into a Muppets restaurant at HS, I doubt they'll close Muppet Courtyard for a long time.

I have no clue about Disneyland though, since I've never been and don't keep as up to date as to what's going on there.
I don't think a temporary restaurant retheme is that big of a cost. Now if they announce they are making a new Muppetsvision 3D show, then I'd agree.

TabulaRasa

There have been multiple hints from 'people in the know' who claim that a retheme for both DL and DHS Star Tours is likely at this point - it'll just happen after SWL opens.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
There have been multiple hints from 'people in the know' who claim that a retheme for both DL and DHS Star Tours is likely at this point - it'll just happen after SWL opens.
Yeah I've read them and I seriously doubt it happens. If people think Disney will re-theme an attraction for no other reason than it doesn't fit in an area anymore, I'll start laughing. They butcher themes all the time.

Somebody tag me in this post in 2021 if they actually retheme Star Tours. I'll apologize then. haha

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah I've read them and I seriously doubt it happens. If people think Disney will re-theme an attraction for no other reason than it doesn't fit in an area anymore, I'll start laughing. They butcher themes all the time.

Somebody tag me in this post in 2021 if they actually retheme Star Tours. I'll apologize then. haha

Yeah, Disney only re-themes attractions now so they can make a thematically bad fit for an area. ;)

HauntedMansionFLA

It looks like created a temporary construction entrance from World Drive until the new construction entrance is complete.
Slowly but surely........progress. Hopefully they will get things set up to start on Toy Story Land then move on to Star Wars Land. The bleachers would hopefully not take that much time to bring down. And I know you posted permits for TSL.

roj2323

Disneyland is likely, but guests would go crazy if they tried it at Studios as Star Tours is wayyyyyyyy too popular. The only time the ride is walk on is on the slowest of days or at the end of the evening within 2 hrs of park close. 80 minute waits happen at star tours regularly on busy days, something which I might add never happens at Stitches great escape which is a prime target for a remodel, albeit in a different park.

Goofyernmost

Yes. And people need to keep in mind, any Star Wars expansion is unlikely to open before ~2025. A restaurant opening in 2016 could certainly get rethemed 9 years later.
2025? Where did that number come from? If you folks keep throwing out WAG's* you will be into the next millennium before you know it.
Wild As sed Guesses

Goofyernmost

He said Star Wars Land *expansion*, not the construction of Star Wars Land itself.
OK, since we haven't even got SWL yet, the speculation of when "part II", which hasn't even been placed in discussion yet, would be competed just seemed like too impossible to even be thinking about. My bad! :D Baby steps folks. We need to crawl before we can walk, etc., etc. I doubt there will even be an expansion outside of what the current land area boundaries are for SWL.

FigmentForver96

Disneyland is likely, but guests would go crazy if they tried it at Studios as Star Tours is wayyyyyyyy too popular. The only time the ride is walk on is on the slowest of days or at the end of the evening within 2 hrs of park close. 80 minute waits happen at star tours regularly on busy days, something which I might add never happens at Stitches great escape which is a prime target for a remodel, albeit in a different park.
Well Star Tours is only one of like five offical rides in the park. Of course it will have a line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom