Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
@marni1971 is there any news on Mama Melrose's future? Will it also get a Muppet makeover?

I don't know specifically what is happening with Mama Melrose, but there was a permit filed for the entire Pizza Planter/Mame Melrose building that doesn't expire until late next year. This leads me to believe that once Pizza Planet is done they will move on to Mama Melrose.

rioriz

I wish they would take out Mama Melrose and make a path from Star Tours to the new Star Wars land. They could make a new exit for ST and it would be like you arrived on the new planet and could go right into the Star Wars universe.
Why make change like this when ST
is running within its last decade of operation?

PorterRedkey

Why make change like this when ST
is running within its last decade of operation?

That my problem, ST can change and evolve when the new movies are released. Star Wars land will be what it is and it will be harder to bring in the new films. ST-TAC-3D was just updated and the randoms scenes are a hit with me. I just wish more guest knew that it had the random sequences. Disney did a lousy job of promoting that.

PorterRedkey

Infamous....I like that.:cool:
I have no concrete information to "Go on..." with. Just some unsubstantiated speculation and brainstorming.

I'm still trying to figure what they're going to do with Tours in Anaheim, have they said?

Last I heard it was the Iron Man overlay, but that seems short-sighted with GotG going into ToT and the new Marvel area proposed for DCA. Currently, I believe it is up in the air. Can't you ask your buddy @WDW1974?:)

HouseHacker97

Pretty much. Get rid of the old Stage 4 Pirates building

Muppetvision should be in its own isolated courtyard. You won't see much of it unless you go there.

I'd eventually expect Star Tours to be rethemd. Well into the next decade though.

You've probably said it a dozen times but do you expect them to connect the star tours (exit maybe?) to wind up near a side entrance to the SW land or do you think they will keep the disconnect to reserve a better themed Iron Man ride in the long term?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Last I heard it was the Iron Man overlay, but that seems short-sighted with GotG going into ToT and the new Marvel area proposed for DCA. Currently, I believe it is up in the air. Can't you ask your buddy @WDW1974?:)

I think Iron Man is one of those things that has been tossed around on fans sites so much that it has become elevated to the status of rumor, but may not have any basis in fact.

Brian Swan

Good gradual effect. But if the concept art is exactly correct, It would be really weird seeing this in Andy's backyard. :D
View attachment 145451
All we have are two kind of nondescript margins
Good gradual effect. But if the concept art is exactly correct, It would be really weird seeing this in Andy's backyard. :D
View attachment 145451

All we have are marginal aread of pieces of concept art taht have only been connected by folks here (including myself).
Help me out here. I have asked this dozens of times and have yet to hear a sensible response. Why is it necessary that DHS have anything original in it. In the sense that it is talked about it's looked at as similar to putting a Starbucks across the road from a Starbucks. That matters... 3000 miles doesn't. To a person that hasn't been to DL, TDL or the multiple editions of DL, it is as original as anything placed someplace else. People don't have to be traveling from coast to coast, continent to continent to get a Disney experience. It is simply unexplainable to me, why this would or should matter to anyone.
To a large extent, I agree with you. Some of the "best" Disney attractions have been copied in multiple parks (each a little different). Some variants are "better" than others. But by the same token, I can see the benefits of each park having something unique. And truth be told, if they tried to force each unique attraction that has been built at every park into WDW, they would probably run out of room. I think a lot of the problem is that we sit here watching all of the other parks getting cool, "really" new things and all we seem to get at WDW is more M&Gs, re-themes, and up-charge events.

BrianLo

I still can't get the obsession with having Star Tours physically touching Star Wars land. The two have nothing to do with one another. Enveloping Star Tours is a byproduct of the 1.0 plans the board hated, once they got away from it being tied to existing infrastructure the project was significantly improved.

Nothing is happening in the medium term to Star Tours in Anaheim. Iron man has and never will be a substantiated rumor. ST 2.0 is one of the very few non-fundamentally broken aspects of their tomorrowland. There are three major projects in the pipeline before they will turn their attention to Tomorrowland, sadly.

Honestly, when MGM 3.0 is said and done Star Tours really isn't that much outside the new land in the same way Hogwarts express is outside the gates of Hogsmead.

Slowjack

Thanks @marni1971 Your drawings make this project more clear to us! Your drawing and my editing skills really make this come alive!

View attachment 146764
Mr. Pam Hates Penguins Who Is Not Pam and Who Loves Penguins, I hereby request that when you are selecting images to render mock-ups of a future DHS, pick one that doesn't still have the hat. Or at least add a trigger warning. Thank you. :)

ctrlaltdel

Anyone know how much earlier DL's version of SWL will open over DHS? I know DL has more work to do with the train/re-routing RoA, but they just seem much, much farther ahead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom