Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cesar R M

Maybe there is a communication issue. Maybe they meant "meet" as in "I'll meet you in the court yard after school to settle our differences in fisticuffs"
meetable = punchable

im-okay-with-this_b.png

J. D.

''A Disney spokesperson said then that construction would begin by the end of 2017. (As part of a tax deal Disney negotiated earlier this year with the city of Anaheim, the company is required to begin construction on at least $1 billion in new attractions at Disneyland Resort by then.)''

Blimey, if that's the case we all might as well give up.

I don't concider the Seven Dwarf coaster a major investment of any kind. Six Flags, which i hate, has one of those generic coasters every year.

Dude. Just stop. It's getting embarrassing.

Cesar R M

You know, aside from the Seven Dwarfs Coaster, Festival of Fantasy Parade, new theater for Festival of the Lion King, Harambe Market, Disney Springs, there has been ABSOLUTELY nothing changed, improved, or debuted, NOTHING!!!
technically speaking, most of these were REQUIRED or already past their requirement (see the older parade and the darn castle float, disney springs for more capacity )

It's not like they can start construction the day after the announcement and yes, they have to have the permits in pace first. Hopefully we will start to see some movement after the holidays.
not to mention.. dismantle all the other stuff in the back.
I wonder.. will the catastrophe canyon be gone for good?
as in disassembled?

BrianLo

''A Disney spokesperson said then that construction would begin by the end of 2017. (As part of a tax deal Disney negotiated earlier this year with the city of Anaheim, the company is required to begin construction on at least $1 billion in new attractions at Disneyland Resort by then.)''

Blimey, if that's the case we all might as well give up.

Thanks for playing, but since you've decided to invoke Disneyland it would be appropriate to point out that we already know site prep and construction starts January 10th, 2016.

http://variety.com/2015/legit/news/disneyland-star-wars-land-ride-closures-1201602788/

So when construction starts in 40 days... what will your shtick be then? Probably complain about DHS specifically until construction inevitably follows in short order. Then talk about how Disney can't build anything quickly and incorrectly imply Disney has been actively building Avatar for 7 years?

Am I on the right track? Weren't you the one who was insistent they wouldn't announce anything at D23?

PhotoDave219

You know, aside from the Seven Dwarfs Coaster, Festival of Fantasy Parade, new theater for Festival of the Lion King, Harambe Market, Disney Springs, there has been ABSOLUTELY nothing changed, improved, or debuted, NOTHING!!!

Let see.....

A new Day parade was long overdue. They've been recycling the same floats since the 100 years of magic promotion. How about a new night parade too?

FOLK has been around since DAK opened. So has Harambe. They've had shops before. Meh.

7DMTC simply replaced the existing Snow White ride, still a net of Zero when it comes to actually adding anything.

Disney Springs - Formely Downtown Disney, Formerly Disney Village - has been there since the 70s. Again, meh. Screwing up traffic on BVD over four years doesn't make me excited.

Nothing you've listed would make me drop a few thousand for a vacation. Star Wars tho....

Matt_Black

Let see.....

A new Day parade was long overdue. They've been recycling the same floats since the 100 years of magic promotion. How about a new night parade too?

FOLK has been around since DAK opened. So has Harambe. They've had shops before. Meh.

7DMTC simply replaced the existing Snow White ride, still a net of Zero when it comes to actually adding anything.

Disney Springs - Formely Downtown Disney, Formerly Disney Village - has been there since the 70s. Again, meh. Screwing up traffic on BVD over four years doesn't make me excited.

Nothing you've listed would make me drop a few thousand for a vacation. Star Wars tho....

Well, the OP didn't state about NEW or net gains, the exact words were "change", "improve", and "lack of investment", which is factually untrue.

Kman101

Let see.....

Just because a lot of us aren't excited by much of that, doesn't negate that they are spending. It's beyond long overdue, that's an understatement, but they're spending money.

The Mom

Premium Member
When will some of you get annoyed that construction hasn't started, what's your limit?
January? March? July 2016 ?

I believe some of us are getting annoyed at posters asking "Have they started construction yet?" every few weeks. Trust me, when the first spade hits the ground, you'll read it here. Until then, please wait patiently. Everything I've heard or read points to nothing happening until January or later - so please wait until February to ask again. Thank you.

flyerjab

I believe some of us are getting annoyed at posters asking "Have they started construction yet?" every few weeks. Trust me, when the first spade hits the ground, you'll read it here. Until then, please wait patiently. Everything I've heard or read points to nothing happening until January or later - so please wait until February to ask again. Thank you.

God bless you.

Cesar R M

Is the spade on the floor yet? ;)

brb1006

Let see.....

I hope WDW gets a new nighttime parade for the 50th Anniversary celebration in 2021. I would imagine it being Spectromagic 2.0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom